View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 962 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 46286291295295895996096196296396496596697210121062 ... LastLast
Results 14,416 to 14,430 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes I thought about this later after I posted and I agree. I've made similar comments about Sandman and all the various incarnations they've gone thru. Heck, I think they might have been the first "annotated" editions DC did.

I still think we see an Absolute DK3 sooner rather than later, which would probably be followed by a deluxe. That's my guess anyway.
    I agree. And once there’s an absolute of DK3 (maybe with Last Crusade thrown in too), there’ll be some omnibus including all the DK stuff... before another sequel gets announced and the process repeats!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I agree. And once there’s an absolute of DK3 (maybe with Last Crusade thrown in too), there’ll be some omnibus including all the DK stuff... before another sequel gets announced and the process repeats!
    I haven't read DK3 yet (just ordered it last night from IST), but now that you mention it...I would love a Miller omni like that. Last Crusade, DKR, DKSA, DK3, in chronological order. That could be sweet.

Has Miller ever confirmed All Star as being the same universe? Or is that just the fan theory? If it's officially part of things, toss it in there too.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Anyone pick up the Catwoman by Balent book yet? I ordered it with DK3, but they won't be here until Tuesday. I was curious about paper quality. These stories were really fun (especially when it wasn't roped into a crossover) so I look forward to reading them again.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Anyone pick up the Catwoman by Balent book yet? I ordered it with DK3, but they won't be here until Tuesday. I was curious about paper quality. These stories were really fun (especially when it wasn't roped into a crossover) so I look forward to reading them again.
    Yes I picked it up this week, its printed on glossy paper (like the Robin/Nightwing/Batgirl collections)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Dan DiDio will be there. Anything you guys want me to ask him?
    Ask him about Man of Tomorrow Book One...the collections for Post-Byrne Stern/Jurgens/Ordway Superman comics up to Death/Return and that might pick up afterward through to the Fall of Metropolis in 1994.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/26/d...llections-for/

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...orrow-book-one

We get Balent Catwoman trades (and every other 90s Batman run it seems (which is great for my Batman side of fandom)), but not these for Superman? Really DC?

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Looks like DC are just going to take that planned line of Man of Tomorrow books and send them straight out as an Exile omnibus.
    Except you don't get the rest of the Stern/Jurgens/Ordway run!
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-21-2017 at 07:09 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Someone might ask Didio or someone about where Morrison's Multiversity Too & Batman Black and White are? He's announced work since those were announced, but we haven't seen these yet. Not even a word I've heard on them since announced in 2015. Not a word from any DC official on their progress or release.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/07...es-of-original

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Someone might ask Didio or someone about where Morrison's Multiversity Too & Batman Black and White are? He's announced work since those were announced, but we haven't seen these yet. Not even a word I've heard on them since announced in 2015. Not a word from any DC official on their progress or release.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/07...es-of-original
    Probably not happening for a long time, if at all. I have no idea why. Multiversity went over great! Maybe they're waiting for this big Rebirth mystery to blow over before they bring that back into the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Probably not happening for a long time, if at all. I have no idea why. Multiversity went over great! Maybe they're waiting for this big Rebirth mystery to blow over before they bring that back into the fold.
    I think they happen at some point. Happen or not, they deserve a public update.

I think they happen at some point. Happen or not, they deserve a public update.
    DC does not keep the public updated about anything not sure why it would be different for Morrison. Look at All-Star Batman announcements and solicits that then disappear, but we will hear of it when Morrison is done with the graphic novels and then they will solicit/announce it. If they did it now they would just deal with questions about it over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    DC does not keep the public updated about anything not sure why it would be different for Morrison. Look at All-Star Batman announcements and solicits that then disappear, but we will hear of it when Morrison is done with the graphic novels and then they will solicit/announce it. If they did it now they would just deal with questions about it over and over.
    I agree, but I was just miffed that when Arkham Asylum 2 was announced: no mention of these two. "They're coming" would have been something. A tad odd to me to just totally ignore them at SDCC.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So I'm going to Baltimore Comic Con this weekend, planing getting a bunch of signatures and whatnot. Dan DiDio will be there. Anything you guys want me to ask him?

What I'll be asking:

Waid Flash omnibus?
    Why were the Sandman Mystery Theatre trades cancelled?
    Where's the rest of Johns JL in omnibus books?
    Absolute Transmet 3?
    I have a feeling he won't know the answer to anything regarding collected editions... "That's not my department".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I have a feeling he won't know the answer to anything regarding collected editions... "That's not my department".
    Not true. I've gotten personal comment from Didio on some of them, to me. He definitely will field issues on trades some.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    As was already mentioned, it's on glossy paper. And it doesn't look great. The reproduction quality is just a step above the Azrael: Fallen Angel trade, imho.

I haven't read it yet, but after a thorough flip-thru, wasn't impressed. Pretty bummed, because I love this run. I have a feeling it'll get dropped just like Dixon's Birds of Prey appears to have been...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Not true. I've gotten personal comment from Didio on some of them, to me. He definitely will field issues on trades some.
    That's why I said "a feeling".

But good to know; someone should have some answers for DC's inconsistent collection practices.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yeah, I'm figuring he won't have an exact answer, but I feel if he's bugged/asked enough he might look into it/delegate it to someone who would know.

Never hurts to ask