View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 97 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4787939495969798991001011071471975971097 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I'm glad dc illustrated the cover under the dust jacket. I hope that becomes standard on their HCs.
    Nope, it's absolutely random. So far every Morrison omni is like that but the Batman deluxes only have the awfull black cardboard. But the standard trim Authority hc has printed cover (but the 2 Stormwatch hc-s don't).

Thank you for the pics aleksivic and drd!
    Last edited by Balakin; 08-01-2014 at 10:05 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post

Definitely like that there's a bit of an introduction by Morrison in there. It's nice to have in there to put the gigantic book in context and perspective.
    I'm on the fence about buying the omnibus. Are there any extras in the book? The Grant Morrison intro looks to be from one of the original trades. Is there anything else, any neat new stuff?

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Swamp View Post
    I'm on the fence about buying the omnibus. Are there any extras in the book? The Grant Morrison intro looks to be from one of the original trades. Is there anything else, any neat new stuff?
    There isn't. There's an intro by Tom Peyer written in 1992, an intro by Morrison that appeared in DP #20, and an afterword by Peyer from the Doom Force Special #1.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    There isn't. There's an intro by Tom Peyer written in 1992, an intro by Morrison that appeared in DP #20, and an afterword by Peyer from the Doom Force Special #1.
    Don't forget the original TPB covers and six and a half pages of sketches and thumbnail art! Sure, I'm glad to have everything in one oversized volume, but DC do a laughable job at adding extra content to these books.

Spectacular Member

Kind of surprised all of morrisons get the printed covers but so far I cant think of a geoff johns one that got the treatment. Youd think him of all people and all his cash cow omnis would get the treatment, fingers crossed for gl omni to be the first
    Last edited by RIPLynott; 08-01-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Kind of surprised all of morrisons get the printed covers but so far I cant think of a geoff johns one that got the treatment. Youd think him of all people and all his cash cow omnis would get the treatment, fingers crossed for gl omni to be the first
    Yeah, those Flash omnis are pretty depressing once you take off the dust jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    Yeah, those Flash omnis are pretty depressing once you take off the dust jacket.
    Everything with black cardboard cover is depressing, that's why I don't remove the dustjackets...and because it stains my fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Everything with black cardboard cover is depressing, that's why I don't remove the dustjackets...and because it stains my fingers.
    Ha! I hate that too. The first time it happened it to me I didn't notice for a while and thought I had a weird disease when I saw these black spots all over my fingertips; then I remembered that wonderful black cardboard.

All-New Member

Cool

I think the Morrison books get the printed covers because the editors know it'll have to be re-read many, many times before it makes sense

(And Flex Mentallo isn't included? - Bummer. I love that story and it belongs in there.)

Spectacular Member

I was wondering about the Geoff Johns Flash omnibus, do any of the 3 omnibus have any extras like variant covers or interviews? What about extras on his Teen Titans omnibus? Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Swamp View Post

(And Flex Mentallo isn't included? - Bummer. I love that story and it belongs in there.)
    Got to milk the "Deluxe" cash cow!
    Although I agree that it should be read along with DP, I don't think you lose anything from the omnibus by not including the story (imho).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Although I agree that [Flex Mentallo] should be read along with DP, I don't think you lose anything from the omnibus by not including the story (imho).
    Oh I don't think anything is lost without Flex being included, but it would certainly be more complete if it *was* in there.

But then again, I'm still kinda thrilled and amazed that it even managed to be collected. Between it, Miracleman, and (the quasi-legal, but apparently against Morrison's wishes) Zenith-- many of the books I never thought would be bound for trade have made their way into my hands.

BANNED

Is the Doom Patrol omnibus worth buying by someone who could barely 'get' Invisibles? I mean, I really enjoyed the middle part of the Invisibles Omnibus (you know, the part where there was an actual narrative, and plot-lines that made some sense ) but the beginning and especially the end felt like my mind was being raped by a leprechaun while being shot full of hallucinogens while listening to hippies talk about their auras and 'the universe maaaan'.

Fantastic Member Ultimate Spider-Fan's Avatar

I'm interested in the Doom Patrol Omnibus, but I'm concerned about the size. My friend has the Invisibles Omnibus and it's really too big to read enjoyably. If someone who has gotten the book could take a picture of it next to another omnibus so I can see how large it is in comparison I would appreciate it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aquitaine View Post
    Is the Doom Patrol omnibus worth buying by someone who could barely 'get' Invisibles? I mean, I really enjoyed the middle part of the Invisibles Omnibus (you know, the part where there was an actual narrative, and plot-lines that made some sense ) but the beginning and especially the end felt like my mind was being raped by a leprechaun while being shot full of hallucinogens while listening to hippies talk about their auras and 'the universe maaaan'.
    Paintin' quite a word picture there.