View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 970 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 47087092096096696796896997097197297397498010201070 ... LastLast
Results 14,536 to 14,550 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    JL:W was garbage. The movies in general have been horrible. Remember Under the Red Hood? Public Enemies, Supergirl, or Braniac? So good. These new movies are so ungodly terrible.
    To me Supergirl and Brainiac were awful too. Brainiac omitted the dramatic subplot with the Kents from the original story that gave the story it's emotional core and elevated it above your run of the mill superhero slugfest. The Girl from Krypton was a mediocre comicbook to begin with (don't even get me started on Turner's art....rest in peace tho) so no I wasn't really surprised about the quality o the cartoon.
    But I think JL: W was worst than Man of Steel (came out right after it and I actually made my peace with MoS since then...but not with BvS).

IMHO the only animated movie that managed to balance the darker tone with watchability was Gods and Monsters. I really liked that one.

Mighty Member

^Hate on Loeb all you want, but you leave Turner's name out of this! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ^Hate on Loeb all you want, but you leave Turner's name out of this! Lol
    I think I dislike Turner's art more than Loeb's writing (at least pre Ultimatum Loeb). It just really turns me off, his style feels like a combination of everything that's wrong with J Scott Campbell and Silvestri.

Mighty Member

Surprises me you dislike Turner so much yet give Campbell a pass.

Surprises me you dislike Turner so much yet give Campbell a pass.
    I dislike all 3 but Campbell's style could work sometimes. I enjoy Danger girl but probably that's it.
    For the record, I know I'm in the minority with my opinion and as always when people judge art it's largely boils down to my personal taste.

Anyone have SWAMP THING BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC already? If so can you post some pictures? I'm mostly interested in spine. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    Anyone have SWAMP THING BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC already? If so can you post some pictures? I'm mostly interested in spine. Thanks
    I ordered it, probably won't be here for a few weeks though. Curious for an early look myself. Couldn't pass up ISTs Juicy 50% off

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    So I don't see them suddenly figuring out that a Zero Hour tie-in IS a prelude to Prodigal, or even bothering to look at those issues beyond the branding on the covers.
    I don't either, but their trade dept has shown flashes of realizing prior official orders and prior used orders and publication orders have been wrong.

Someone once edited the Knightfall wikipedia page to include Robin #0, but I looked and someone undid that. No even mention of it now. Robin #0 sets up both the Two-Face arc (and Dick's transformative arc with TF) and its ending literally leads into Batman #512's first pages.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Robin_Vol_4_0

"Dick’s past failure against Two-Face is addressed in occasional flashbacks but the actual issue that shows how things really went down, Robin #0, isn’t included. Robin #0 is also the first real chapter of Prodigal so I’m dumbfounded as to why it wasn’t added to this book."
    https://batman-news.com/2012/10/13/b...htsend-review/
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 10-05-2017 at 08:18 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Poonaroon View Post
    The new edition of Absolute Authority has the Planetary crossover and the new story that’s also in the Wildstorm anniversary book. Does anyone know if it will also contain the story from the Wilstorm Summer Special?
    unsure but thanks for the info, may buy it again now just to get the new extras

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    unsure but thanks for the info, may buy it again now just to get the new extras
    When this was announced I sold my original copy because of the extras. I wonder if they’ll release a new volume two and include the non-Millar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    When this was announced I sold my original copy because of the extras. I wonder if they’ll release a new volume two and include the non-Millar issues.
    I'm hoping so. DC's usually a bit better than Marvel at releasing follow up volumes in a timely manner.

The non Millar issues though, don't concern me either way.

I'm hoping we get a Kev collection though

Mighty Member

Damn. IST seems to be moving slow this week. Ordered around 4 est, all new releases, haven't even started picking yet.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Damn. IST seems to be moving slow this week. Ordered around 4 est, all new releases, haven't even started picking yet.
    Must've been luck of the draw for me, maybe?
    I ordered 4, totaling $249 after instate sales tax at 2:09 cst on Tuesday afternoon and my arrived today via FedEx.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Must've been luck of the draw for me, maybe?
    I ordered 4, totaling $249 after instate sales tax at 2:09 cst on Tuesday afternoon and my arrived today via FedEx.
    The same here! Although mine was $229 including the BS sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'm hoping so. DC's usually a bit better than Marvel at releasing follow up volumes in a timely manner.

The non Millar issues though, don't concern me either way.

I'm hoping we get a Kev collection though
    I remember years ago when they rereleased Planetary and the volumes came out within weeks but this time there hasn’t been a solicit. And of course there’s Transmet 3.
    And yes, Kev would be awesome!