View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 971 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 47187192196196796896997097197297397497598110211071 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,565 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I remember years ago when they rereleased Planetary and the volumes came out within weeks but this time there hasn’t been a solicit. And of course there’s Transmet 3.
    And yes, Kev would be awesome!
    Yeah Transmet 3 is a weird one. I'm hoping it gets solicited soon.

Also, speaking of absolutes and the recent news of Tom Strong and the Terrifics, we get a Tom Strong absolute set or an omnibus, collecting the non Alan Moore issue this time

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yeah Transmet 3 is a weird one. I'm hoping it gets solicited soon.

Also, speaking of absolutes and the recent news of Tom Strong and the Terrifics, we get a Tom Strong absolute set or an omnibus, collecting the non Alan Moore issue this time
    I didn't even know of this news. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. For a long time - and somewhat still do - I've felt that DC would eventually collect Tom Strong in Absolute. They've collected most of the other ABC stuff in that format, the last being Top Ten, which was some time ago.

The same here! Although mine was $229 including the BS sales tax.
    On NEW releases!? Thats crazy. As in this week?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antari View Post
    Anyone have SWAMP THING BRONZE AGE OMNIBUS HC already? If so can you post some pictures? I'm mostly interested in spine. Thanks
    Probably looks like all the other Gold/Silver/Bronze age omni's that DC has been releasing.

I didn't even know of this news. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. For a long time - and somewhat still do - I've felt that DC would eventually collect Tom Strong in Absolute. They've collected most of the other ABC stuff in that format, the last being Top Ten, which was some time ago.
    Yeah! Cbr and bleeding cool ran a couple articles about it. Tom Strong is the last or one of the last ABC books to not have an absolute treatment, right? I know there are 2 deluxes, but they don't collect the last third of the series, so I never bothered

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    On NEW releases!? Thats crazy. As in this week?
    Thor heroes return omnibus
    Swamp Thing omnibus
    WW Hulk Omni
    End League LE (this came out weeks ago but I waited until I had a bigger order to get it)
    Walking Dead Negan HC

October has been an abnormally good/bad month and it’s still not over. I prepared for it a few months ago and started to save.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yeah! Cbr and bleeding cool ran a couple articles about it. Tom Strong is the last or one of the last ABC books to not have an absolute treatment, right? I know there are 2 deluxes, but they don't collect the last third of the series, so I never bothered
    I’m the same - I didn’t want to collect anything not finished. The only other ABC series by Moore that comes to mind was a collection of shorts. I think it was called Tomorrow Stories or something like that. They were kind of hit or miss.

Thor heroes return omnibus
    Swamp Thing omnibus
    WW Hulk Omni
    End League LE (this came out weeks ago but I waited until I had a bigger order to get it)
    Walking Dead Negan HC

October has been an abnormally good/bad month and it’s still not over. I prepared for it a few months ago and started to save.
    Yeah, I got The Thor and ST omni. On top of all October releases, I still need to catch up on a lot of series and get other books I missed. Whew! What a month! Gotta save up for that Fourth World omni too

How is the quality of story in the ST omnibus, obviously not going to be Moore level good, but interested to hear if it is worth grabbing.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    How is the quality of story in the ST omnibus, obviously not going to be Moore level good, but interested to hear if it is worth grabbing.

I have the same question! I have read the Bernie Wrightson Len Wein original 10 issues and those are true classics. There is a great Batman story, a great story about aliens, the Patchwork Man, and of course Anton Arcane. The art is outstanding and Len Wein does a great job of establishing themes and characters Moore would work with. I guess Wein did 3 more issues but I have no idea about their quality.

I am tempted to pick it up, but after the Wrightson/Wein stuff, how could the quality not drop off? It's on my wish-list, but I have the feeling JLI is going to take my money first and Swamp Thing will be a buy later book. Now Bronze Age Jonah Hex, that would be an immediate buy!

I would love a Deluxe Edition/Dark Genesis/Roots of the Swamp Thing with just the Wein and Wrightson stuff though I doubt that will happen.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 10-06-2017 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Story – Wein issues (#1-13) are fun. The rest is less fun and sometimes dreadful.
    Art – Wrightson stuff is as great as expected. The rest is... very, very good. I mean, it's Nestor Redondo, the guy was a beast.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Now Bronze Age Jonah Hex, that would be an immediate buy!
    From your keyboard to DCs ears!!

Even though I've not read any of the post-Wein Swamp Thing issues I'd seen enough folks at minimum speak nicely of the material. So I bought it as a relatively "safe bet".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Even though I've not read any of the post-Wein Swamp Thing issues I'd seen enough folks at minimum speak nicely of the material. So I bought it as a relatively "safe bet".

I was looking at the artist listing for Swamp Thing and I almost bought it because of that, but with the Grayson, JLI, and New Gods Omnibus coming out (and my already owning the newsprint omnibus) makes me want to watch my pennies. Never-mind the Golden Age Superman Books and Batman coming soon, I am already broke.

Jonah Hex, Sgt. Rock, and Bronze Age Superman are my wish list ideas. I really wish the original DC Comics Presents and Golden Age Justice Society were available in some nice big books.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Are you referring to the Pasko run that began with ybe new Saga of the Swamp Thing #1? Its pretty meh. Its extremely wordy and overall boring. It gets really good around issue #13,14 and there's a really solid issue in there (I forget the number. It might be #16?) But its mostly a mess. Nothing terrible. But its definitely one of the weakest turns of ST. And yes. Even behind Wheeler and Nancy A. Collins run that was post Veitch.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Now Bronze Age Jonah Hex, that would be an immediate buy!
    I would sell my soul to Barbatos for this.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”