View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 984 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 48488493497498098198298398498598698798899410341084 ... LastLast
Results 14,746 to 14,760 of 21671
    Incredible Member

I have a handful of things coming or pre-ordered. Doom Patrol silver Age Omnibus, War of Kings Aftermath Omnibus, Detective Comics Deluxe, a few trades etc It's mostly a break month. I got a lot of stuff in September/October. That being said, I've said this before than another sale comes along and I go on a binge.
    I check the following for stuff coming out

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show...ected-editions

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Which is fine, until you look at the sales for these older editions. They are barely selling. Now, it may be that they are only having small print runs, and it may be DC are using it as an exercise in digital archiving - but as a business, the model being used is not one that is generating profit and with the ever expanding desire from people to have everything digital, the omnibus bubble may burst before we get to the stuff that the majority actually wants to buy.

DC should be trying to mix it up a bit more, heck a lot more, than they are and making sure to get out stuff that does sell to counter balance the lower selling 'passion projects' by certain editors, or digital archiving if such is the case.
    Its possible that some people have been holding off buying the Omnibuses until they pass the archives if they already own them, once they do pass them (as Batman & Superman will start doing in their respective volume 5's) we might see an upswing in sales

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Its possible that some people have been holding off buying the Omnibuses until they pass the archives if they already own them, once they do pass them (as Batman & Superman will start doing in their respective volume 5's) we might see an upswing in sales
    Based on DC's track record of cancelling collections, they'll probably just up and quit some time in the middle of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    B&R omni
    Batman The Dark Prince Charming HC
    Anyone have any more info on this? Mainly trim size?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Yeah, I can't find anything about size other than it's supposed to be an over-sized GN. But the art is gorgeous.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yeah, I can't find anything about size other than it's supposed to be an over-sized GN. But the art is gorgeous.
    If someone could confirm this, that'd be great!

Incredible Member

I was just glad to get THE NIGHT FORCE collection delivered today. Really strong Wolfman / Colan material!

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I was just glad to get THE NIGHT FORCE collection delivered today. Really strong Wolfman / Colan material!
    Pics? This is standard trim right?

Incredible Member

Pics? This is standard trim right?
    I'm very happy with the product. Not sure what 'standard trim' is. Reproduction of the original material is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I'm very happy with the product. Not sure what 'standard trim' is. Reproduction of the original material is excellent.
    Oversized/deluxe sized which would be 8x11 or standard tpb/hc size which is 7x10

Incredible Member

Being Halloween yesterday, I read a few issues out of the Swamp Thing Omnibus. Looking forward to reading through it. Really great binding. DC seems to be doing a really great job on their omnibus' these days and paper is really great.

Batman - The Dark Prince Charming HC is Deluxe HC size but without dust-jacket. Looks awesome! I got it today from my LCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Batman - The Dark Prince Charming HC is Deluxe HC size but without dust-jacket. Looks awesome! I got it today from my LCS.
    Looks like I may be making another order.....

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I ordered mine on Monday. Disappointing that a dust cover doesn't come with it. But I'm still excited about it.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Based on DC's track record of cancelling collections, they'll probably just up and quit some time in the middle of next year.
    HA! This is my exact worry. Plus I think $125 dollars is too much, but if they do actually finish the volumes 5-12 will probably be so scarce as to be expensive white whales for people coming late. I'm not sure having 30 Superman Omnibus is a good thing but if you did it it would probably net a huge profit after the go out of print.

I get the feeling Bats will keep higher sales/print runs.