View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 986 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 48688693697698298398498598698798898999099610361086 ... LastLast
Results 14,776 to 14,790 of 21671

I've been looking at the Atlantis Chronicles, pictures would be awesome
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

All-New Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...nal-omni-boob/

If you purchased the JLI Omnibus, you should be aware that there are some significant printing errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzanmono View Post

If you purchased the JLI Omnibus, you should be aware that there are some significant printing errors.
    that's a bit shitty

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ugh. Even after the delays, there's still printing errors? With material that's already been reprinted multiple times?!?

It's probably too much to hope these get replaced with corrected versions, like they did with the Johns' Flash Omnibus...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Jesus H....they better fix this. I'm pretty pissed right now.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I get that the JLI screw-ups should not have happened (since they've been collected correctly before) but is it just these two mistakes - the missing bubble thought and those two pages out of order, or is there more?
    I read this and quite frankly didn't notice it, but I have to admit that by the time issue # 21 rolled around I had lost interest in the series.
    Please note, I'm not trying to sound like an apologist, just curious to the extent of the mistakes.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I get that the JLI screw-ups should not have happened (since they've been collected correctly before) but is it just these two mistakes - the missing bubble thought and those two pages out of order, or is there more?
    I read this and quite frankly didn't notice it, but I have to admit that by the time issue # 21 rolled around I had lost interest in the series.
    Please note, I'm not trying to sound like an apologist, just curious to the extent of the mistakes.
    Page 245 has missing text as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    On the masterworks forum someone said that not all copies had the misprints. They also mention that it was a mistake made by the printer and the planned second printing will be correct.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Has anyone centralized all the errors? I'm gonna have to examine my book tonight.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

There's also those bonus insert stories in two issues there were left as published in the middle of the issues they were inserted in originally. Which might not be a big deal, unless you realize the most likely reason it happened: people working on the book know **** about the material.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    There's also those bonus insert stories in two issues there were left as published in the middle of the issues they were inserted in originally. Which might not be a big deal, unless you realize the most likely reason it happened: people working on the book know **** about the material.
    I guess that's better than not publishing them at all.

Although from what I remember the "Bonus Books" they were inserting at the time were usually throw-away material anyway...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Blurgh... you had one job!

That's the thing with these limited books - you try to get it early before it sells out, but then you get hit with mistakes and problems that possible future printings might fix. But sometimes, there's no fix coming.

Incredible Member

Knightfall Omnibus Volume 2 came out today. I checked it out at my LCS, it was sealed but according to the back it contains:

Batman 501-508
    LOTDK 59-61
    SOTB 19-28
    Catwoman 6-7
    Detective Comics 667-675
    Justice League Task Force 5-6
    Robin 1-2, 7
    Showcase '94 #7

As with Volume 1 it features a new wraparound cover by Kelley Jones showing some of the major characters in these issues

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I've been looking at the Atlantis Chronicles, pictures would be awesome
    Let me know what you would like to see and I'll post some

Could you post one of each page in sequential order, please?

Seriously though, just a couple of the binding, in your hands and a page or two would be awesome! Thanks
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”