View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 988 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 48888893897898498598698798898999099199299810381088 ... LastLast
Results 14,806 to 14,820 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I find the matte black covers ok "if" it keeps the cost of the book down which to me seems fine for some older material. I know I have bought some bronze/silver age books based on cost as dc seems to attempt to keep the cost down. Still, I find both the DC and Marvel black board type covers to not feel really solid. I find even just the tight shrink plastic wrap on Marvel omnibus' will slightly dent/compress in the top and bottom of the spine board. I would pay a bit more for a bit better quality.
    I don't think they keep the price down much. At least laminate that sucker or something. I said this in the past before, I don't have really sweaty fingers and those black covers stained my fingertips multiple times.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I don't think they keep the price down much. At least laminate that sucker or something. I said this in the past before, I don't have really sweaty fingers and those black covers stained my fingertips multiple times.
    Laminated would be nice like the rebirth deluxes which are great. Even plain black no graphics except the title and having it laminated would be a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by VanWinkle View Post
    Similar, but Marvel's bindings tend to be better, and DC's paper stock is better.
    Marvel used to use better paper (compare an early printing with a newer printing of a book with the same page count, and the newer book will be considerably thinner), but they've cheaped out and started using thinner paper a few years ago.

All-New Member

Do you think we will ever see a Morrison's Batman Omnibus at this point ?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Marvel used to use better paper (compare an early printing with a newer printing of a book with the same page count, and the newer book will be considerably thinner), but they've cheaped out and started using thinner paper a few years ago.
    Yeah, their paper used to be SUPER high quality.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by akhir View Post
    Geez, I hope so. This is perhaps my favorite Batman run ever and I can't believe that DC hasn't done it already. One of their big two characters in Batman? Check. One of the biggest writers in the industry? Check. One of the greatest Batman runs ever? Check. Get it done DC!

And while they're at it, they should do a Snyder Batman omnibus as well. Those two would make me extremely happy.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Your guess is as good as ours. It's almost all collected in Absolute edition, so maybe one day. By now I thought DC would have collected his JLA in an omnibus. That said, A bunch of what he and Geoff Johns have written has been collected in omnibus books.

Absolutely.

Or should that be omnibusely?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Your guess is as good as ours. It's almost all collected in Absolute edition, so maybe one day. By now I thought DC would have collected his JLA in an omnibus. That said, A bunch of what he and Geoff Johns have written has been collected in omnibus books.
    I am hoping we finally get his JLA omnibus next year long overdue for omnibus form.

Mighty Member

I'm down for a JLA omibus set, as long as DC includes all the issues, and not just those penned by Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I'm down for a JLA omibus set, as long as DC includes all the issues, and not just those penned by Morrison
    No kidding. How do you leave Waid out of the OHCs???

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    No kidding. How do you leave Waid out of the OHCs???
    Because they hate Mark Waid and want to erase him from DC history. Look how long they let his Flash run sit and even when it does get collected its paperback form.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

DC is definitely going to reprint a corrected JLI Omnibus Vol 1, but I don't know anymore specfics than that. I still haven't checked mine to see if it was errored, but hope to do so tonight. I assume so, and the negative Amazon reviews are increasing.

But DC saw the BCool article and will correct it.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-13-2017 at 07:24 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

The lack of Morrison Batman is a bit puzzling. I went ahead and bought the Snyder batman trades. If they follow the Morrison model, they may end up trickling out the occasional Absolute of his run so an Omnibus could be a ways away.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Eventually, but I'd bet a good deal it will be controversial (which is why I custom bound the run (minus Inc)). Struggles it will have:

-Morrison's two issues of Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul
    -that Morrison's Last Rites issues are linked to Final Crisis and there is a very strong argument to include Morrison's cut of Final Crisis
    -the order that will be used for B&R and RoBW and Batman #700-702 (basically the Act II of the run)....artist Chris Burnham posted a great order online and defended it and convinced me it is the best and only order to use
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”