View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 997 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 49789794798799399499599699799899910001001100710471097 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,955 of 21671

I think I may be done with regular superhero stuff, reading the Tomasi B & R omni and I just can’t get into it, it’s boring me to ****, sending it back, I think Valiant is the only superhero(ish) stuff I can now tolerate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I think I may be done with regular superhero stuff, reading the Tomasi B & R omni and I just can’t get into it, it’s boring me to ****, sending it back, I think Valiant is the only superhero(ish) stuff I can now tolerate
    Sending it back? Who's giving refunds cause you don't like the material? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Sending it back? Who's giving refunds cause you don't like the material? Lol
    I spend enough money with them that they forgive the odd return

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Wow. I love that run. If you don't like that, you're probably not going to like Tomasi's Superman run either.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Anyone catch any good Cyber Monday deals?

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Wow. I love that run. If you don't like that, you're probably not going to like Tomasi's Superman run either.
    I think I have had enough of Batman

Just noticed Knightfall Omnibus Vol 2 is sold out at IST and CGN. Any word on if this a short run, quick OOP situation or is DC just behind on shipping stock? Was waiting to buy, but I'll order from Amazon if I have to just to make sure I can get it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    I especially like what he was trying to do with the Hunger Dogs. In many ways I love that story as the "true" end of the New Gods and often wonder how it would have ended without editorial demands to have marketable ongoing characters. I felt that Kirby had a true epic with the New Gods and one of my greatest sadness in comics is that he didn't really tell his story the way he wanted. But what we did get was still very interesting--Orion rejecting prophecy and his destiny to go off with Becca, the New Gods finding a new world, and Darkseid ultimately unable to fight back his slaves who in their masses even overpower him. There's a lot of meta in that book.
    I agree, except that I like the fact that he gave the saga an ending without taking the characters off the board, allowing them to remain a part of the DCU. However, Kirby's attempts at poetic dialogue made his writing even more awkward than it was when he was working on the ongoing series. Also, if you look at the shorter original version of the story that was included as an extra in thumbnail form at the back of Vol. 4, you'll see that some of the changes he made to the page ordering weren't for the best.
    Last edited by Starro; 11-27-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Just noticed Knightfall Omnibus Vol 2 is sold out at IST and CGN. Any word on if this a short run, quick OOP situation or is DC just behind on shipping stock? Was waiting to buy, but I'll order from Amazon if I have to just to make sure I can get it.
    Weird. That book just came out three weeks ago. That's why I don't wait to get omnis. Sometimes I'll wait to order a bunch of stuff together to save on shipping, but not when it comes to omnis or books like that. I'm too worried they'll sell out before I get it.

I would keep checking back with CGN. They may just be out of it right now, but will get more in soon.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

It’s on Amazon for under £50 which is a good price.

I think I have had enough of Batman
    Just curious how far you got into it. I can't remember where but at some point it just clicked and it became my favorite new 52 series. There's a silent issue that's pretty touching. You might want to at least flip thru that before you send your book back. It takes place after Damian dies in Morrison's Batman Inc.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The B&R Tomasi Omnibus and Spider-Man Clone Vol. 2 Omnibus are also sold out at IST. I reckon they'll get more stock in a week or two.

It's worth emailing them and asking. They'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Just curious how far you got into it. I can't remember where but at some point it just clicked and it became my favorite new 52 series. There's a silent issue that's pretty touching. You might want to at least flip thru that before you send your book back. It takes place after Damian dies in Morrison's Batman Inc.
    About 4 issues in, but those 4 issue left me dead, I have never been a massive superhero fan, but lately anything vaguely to do with capes (apart from Valiant stuff) hasn’t done anything for me

About 4 issues in, but those 4 issue left me dead, I have never been a massive superhero fan, but lately anything vaguely to do with capes (apart from Valiant stuff) hasn’t done anything for me
    I get it. Garth Ennis hates super heroes, too, so you’re in good company. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I get it. Garth Ennis hates super heroes, too, so you’re in good company. Ha.
    Heh, not a big fan of Ennis either, bit of a one trick pony