Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Two X-Men TV Shows in Development: "Legion" at FX, "Hellfire" at Fox

Two X-Men-inspired TV series are currently in development: "Legion" at FX, featuring Charles Xavier's son, and a Hellfire Club-based series at Fox.

Full article here.

Both will be produced by Marvel Television as well. Hopefully this is the first step in a long and prosperous partnership.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25282/fox_..._working_title

http://marvel.com/news/tv/25281/fx_n...lot_for_legion

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Wow! Even though I wouldn't have picked these ideas for X-Men shows - I figured that X-Factor or young X-Men or Excalibur were more likely - those are both really interesting premises. The only concern is whether they get David's character right (make him bloody Scottish for a start) and what characters we can expect for the new Hellfire Club (COUGHCASSANDRANOVAORLADYMASTERMINDCOUGH).

Oh and clearly whether Fox are actually allowed to make these or not and if so what Marvel got out of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Oh and clearly whether Fox are actually allowed to make these or not and if so what Marvel got out of a deal.
    Since Marvel is co-producing these shows (and promoting them on their website), I would say that Fox is definitely allowed to make these.

Incredible Member

So...FF rights back at Marvel then?

Good news. Hope this means Marvel/Fox relations are warming.
    What about New Mutants? Was that supposed to be a movie or a TV series?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Will this put an end to the claims that Marvel is trying to kill off the X-Men?

But Marvel hates the X-Men.... But they stopped making X-Men toys so...(sees article about Beast statue). This makes no sense. Internet told me that Marvel and Fox were feuding and that Marvel all but denied the X-Men's existence, now Fox and Marvel are making two shows together and now nothing makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Good news. Hope this means Marvel/Fox relations are warming.
    It would be so weird if we ultimately wound up with a half-dozen interconnected superhero continuities spread out across three studios, wouldn't it?

I just hope that Legion will be based on X-Men Legacy!!! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    So...FF rights back at Marvel then?
    Please god yes, that or some talk about doing some X-Men/Avengers crossing over down the road.

Really interested to read that Hellfire is in the late 60's so between First Class and DOFP, could we maybe expect January Jones to return as Emma Frost? She is a TV actress after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I just hope that Legion will be based on X-Men Legacy!!! Awesome!
    That would be amazing, especially if we got takes on Blindspot and Pete Wisdom and Patrick Stewart putting in an appearance.

I'm definitely excited for Legion, Spurrier's X-men Legacy made him one my favorite characters. I hope that it's based off that run and that we get a really great show out of this.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Will this put an end to the claims that Marvel is trying to kill off the X-Men?
    Nope, nothing could do that. The paranoia runs to deep, it is ingrained in them by this point.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Question is, will these be part of the XCU? Or will Fox take the DC approach and keep the TV side in a separate universe?