Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Siege #4 spoilers

It was a wonderful story and concept, to address the motives of the people on the wall. But the one question I didn't get answered was why do this? Other people in the domains at least were safe from the hordes of monsters, but that's no life to be continuously facing death, and not get the reward of being safe yourself. Sure, the Thors sent them there, or they were thrown into the Deadlands etc, so they really had no choice. But why keep doing it? Why not just die?

These are questions Ben Grimm had to answer, after Doom sent him to be the Wall. Yes, it was nice and heroic to sacrifice himself to let others live, but how is that just, when only a few have to protect the Wall and the rest don't? It reminds me of the army. They are the only ones at the Wall, and the rest of us are the beneficiaries.

Another fine ending to an arc, with the approach of the monsters and no wall to protect, Scott and Abigail hand in hand, then, before they are massacred, the world goes all white as everyone transitions into ANAD, supposedly.

Spoilers

They lock up Thanos and leave him alone to talk to Ben Grimm, saying its all a lie. Then Abigail gets interrogators to interview Thanos and Thanos says he's done a bad thing, and United all the monsters in all the Domains, and you can't win. Then the attack comes and Abigail summons all the Thors and they save the day for one wave, but it's not going to be enough, even with The Enlightenment cannon, that makes Zombies slink away. Ben Asks Leonardo to shoot the cannon at him, and he does and Ben Sees its a lie like Thanos says. Thanos asks Ben what time it is and Ben tells him. Ben removes miles of Wall to be as big as Manhattan and is walking to Castle Doom. The last wave comes and no Wall. Everyone flees, except Scott and Abigail, then there is a whiteout at the end. End of Brands Diary.

End of Spoilers.

Oh, and Thanos heads off after Doom, as well, for the last dance with Doom, too, so Thanos' job is done. He came from the Cabal Raft just to do what he did here.

One thing though. This didn't feel like the Thanos of Infinity. This felt like the Thanos from Secret Wars Infinity Gauntlet.

Does anybody know if Leonado DaVinci died in an explosion after finally jumping down from the wall? I didn't understand that part.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-12-2015 at 12:21 AM.

Loved the whole thing. Kinda disappointed that most of their trump cards left them behind but it did what it set out to do.

Ride or Die Brand and Summers. Ride or die for the Cause.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Why the frack would Doom allow something like the Enlightenment Cannon to even exist? It's literally the Wikipedia of reality, if it can make people remember everything, which is something Doom was trying to prevent all this time. Granted, it needs a sacrifice of a Michelangelo to be strong enough to work on The Thing, but that's all you need. If the wrong person remembers everything, everything collapses. And it literally did!

Does anybody believe Thanos amalgamated all the monsters? If that's the case, is Thanos behind Age of Ultron vs MZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Why the frack would Doom allow something like the Enlightenment Cannon to even exist? It's literally the Wikipedia of reality, if it can make people remember everything, which is something Doom was trying to prevent all this time. Granted, it needs a sacrifice of a Michelangelo to be strong enough to work on The Thing, but that's all you need. If the wrong person remembers everything, everything collapses. And it literally did!
    Perhaps that's why Doom sent Michaelangelo and LDV to the Wall for making the cannon and stipulating it can only be used for Zombies?

The Enlightenment cannon certainly makes a strong case for Doom preserving all the characters, because how do they remember something, if Doom didn't put it there as a memory? But, If Dooms omnipotent he can transplant memories of the characters whole past, otherwise they would just be filled with nothing but Battleworld memories. It's still a tricky issue.
    Last edited by jackolover; 10-11-2015 at 08:55 PM.

I just want to point out how much I like the end page of each of these issues. I loved the X DAYS TILL THE FALL OF THE WALL. THERE IS NO HOPE in previous issues, and the punchline in this issue just adds to it. It's a nice use of an all text page.

Just to say this tie-in was perfect - arts, storytelling, integration to the main event. Wonderful was the right word for it, jackolover !
    OMD too by the way was nice - I know I should post that in another thread that you initiated, but...
    Last edited by Abe; 10-11-2015 at 09:29 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

So, Scott died because the woman he loves, yet spurns him, wouldn't retreat.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

You know Miss America, you could've saved Summers and Brand on your way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That was just a little funny, really.

"Eff those two. Weren't even nice anyhow."

Where is she even going? There aren't any alternate universes anymore...Other Domains, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Where is she even going? There aren't any alternate universes anymore...Other Domains, maybe?
    I had the same thought. Jumping to another domain is a pretty short-term escape, so I'm inclined to believe America escaped into the netherspace between universes - which, post-incursions, is basically a dead end. That's a bit of a cheap get-out clause, but the events of the Silver Surfer book seemed to confirm it is possible to exist outside of all universes.

Otherwise: good book is good.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

That page of giant Thing is glorious. I like it a lot more than the one in Secret Wars.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, **** her.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    Maybe Doom doesn't know it exists? And it seemingly was only used against zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Other white spaces exist besides Battleworld, because we've seen the Black Swan, Library, and where the Silver Surfer is currently, so other things exist America could escape too.