Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default What If: Kamille Bidan Replaces Shinji Ikari

As I've recently become a Gundam fan, and also recently saw NGE for the first time (wouldn't consider myself a fan of that), I thought of this topic.

Kamille and Shinji both share a rather bad childhood. It's just that they react to it in completely the opposite way while also going to the extreme end of that reaction. Shinji became passive, unassertive and more afraid of himself than anything else. He didn't want to go forward but he also didn't want to go back. He was pressed into harsh situation after harsh situation and all the time he was reluctant and unsure of everything, most of all himself.

Kamille though? His feelings of helplessness only made him more aggressive. His bad parents only made him explosively rebellious. When given the chance to have power and control, he does not hesitate like Shinji did. He wants to feel like HE'S the one with the power now so he never has to experience the old feelings of powerlessness.

Point is, I think NGE be a more interesting show with Kamille as Gendo's and Yui's son having to pilot Unit 01. How do you all think things change?

Kamille reconfigure EVA-01 and Solo the Angels.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OverLordArthas View Post
    Kamille reconfigure EVA-01 and Solo the Angels.
    Not knowing anything about Kamille, could he do anything about the computer virus Angel, or the one that mindscrews you from orbit?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Not knowing anything about Kamille, could he do anything about the computer virus Angel, or the one that mindscrews you from orbit?
    Kamille is said, as to potential, the most powerful newtype in the Gundam series but was not realized because he developed a pacifistic way of thinking.
    Like Amuro, he designed Gundams used by the Titans and later Gundam Zeta for his own use. He also develop the Bio Sensor system which act as a man machine interface similar to the Psycho Frame with a side effect of increasing mobile suite performance when the pilot's emotion is heightened.
    As for Zeta, it's most powerful weapon is the Hyper Mega Launcher, a powerful beam weapon that can destroy massive battleships.

Kamille is said, as to potential, the most powerful newtype in the Gundam series but was not realized because he developed a pacifistic way of thinking.
    He was never stated to be the most powerful Newtype. Judau has both shown and has been stated to be the most powerful Newtype in existence. Guy could even make himself bulletproof with shear Newtype will power alone.

Like Amuro, he designed Gundams used by the Titans and later Gundam Zeta for his own use. He also develop the Bio Sensor system which act as a man machine interface similar to the Psycho Frame with a side effect of increasing mobile suite performance when the pilot's emotion is heightened.
    As for Zeta, it's most powerful weapon is the Hyper Mega Launcher, a powerful beam weapon that can destroy massive battleships.
    Gundams are one thing. EVAs are something else altogether. They are basically biomachines and are a lot bigger and made completely differently. Kamile might be able to make up some minor upgrades but that would be about it. He'd be one epic pilot however and he wouldn't take shit from Asuka, or from his father for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Kamille is slightly mentally unstable due to developing his Newtype abilities and going through the shit he had to endure. So he is going to have a bad time with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    He was never stated to be the most powerful Newtype. Judau has both shown and has been stated to be the most powerful Newtype in existence. Guy could even make himself bulletproof with shear Newtype will power alone.
    That is why I say potential.

Gundams are one thing. EVAs are something else altogether. They are basically biomachines and are a lot bigger and made completely differently. Kamile might be able to make up some minor upgrades but that would be about it. He'd be one epic pilot however and he wouldn't take shit from Asuka, or from his father for that matter.
    One thing, he can improve the energy System so EVA's battery life will be much longer. His Bio Sensors is much stable than the one's Eva pilots are using.
    His beam weapons are more powerful and convenient than any Eva arsenal. Plus he is a New Type, like coordinators, they have enhance learning capability.

Kamille is slightly mentally unstable due to developing his Newtype abilities and going through the shit he had to endure. So he is going to have a bad time with that.
    True.

That is why I say potential.
    He doesn't really have anything to suggest he ever had that kind of potential.

One thing, he can improve the energy System so EVA's battery life will be much longer. His Bio Sensors is much stable than the one's Eva pilots are using.
    His beam weapons are more powerful and convenient than any Eva arsenal. Plus he is a New Type, like coordinators, they have enhance learning capability.
    Again, different mechanics. What is a giant Biomachine with the soul of the pilots mother in it while the other is a mech.

True.[/QUOTE]

He doesn't really have anything to suggest he ever had that kind of potential.

Again, different mechanics. What is a giant Biomachine with the soul of the pilots mother in it while the other is a mech.

True.
    [/QUOTE]
    Eva's exoskeleton armor serves as a seal rather than protection IIRC. He can Improve that and prevent Eva from awakening because there is no need to borrow its strength. He could also, discard the Evas and use his Gundams which I think more than enough.

Fantastic Member

I thought channeling the souls of the dead was a pretty impressive feat for Kamille....

Also isn't Scirocco the only Newtype who can mind-rape people?

Honestly i always heard Kamille was the strongest Newtype as well and Scirocco seemed quite impressive in his turn.

Eva's exoskeleton armor serves as a seal rather than protection IIRC. He can Improve that and prevent Eva from awakening because there is no need to borrow its strength. He could also, discard the Evas and use his Gundams which I think more than enough.
    Again, going from working on a mobile suit to an EVA would be like a Motorcycle mechanic who has only ever worked on motorcycles, moving from working on motorcycles to cars. It is a different ball game. I am not saying he wouldn't be capable of doing SOME modifications, but they would be very minor.

And no, a Gundam would not be more than enough. EVA's are more or less superior to the majority of Gundams. The only Gundams that can dish out more firepower than an EVA are the Wing Zero(can bust a colony which dwarfs the largest angel by an incredible amount) Wing Gundam(buster rifle has half the power as the double Buster rifle, which still means it can bust half a colony which is a far bit bigger than the largest angel even with it's shield) X and double X Gundams(their weapons can also bust a colony but only if a satellite is in sight with no clouds blocking it however) the latter three are no where near as durable as an EVA. Wing Zero kind of is due to Gundanium alloy having nearish Adamantium durability. And even though Wing Gundam also uses Gundanium alloy it is not as dense nor as advanced as Wing Zero's armor. The only other Gundams in the entire franchise that can hold up to an angel and EVA are Super mechs, and out of those Super mechs only 4 of those can actually hold their own and manage to kill an angel.

Those 4 being the 00 Gundam(can While Trans amed it can teleport on a quantum level and beam rifle output from the GN-Saber III goes up to buster rifle levels of destruction and I think it can do a form of intangibility, unsure about that one though) 00 Qan T(basically an advanced version of 00) and the Turn A and Turn X can teleport, warp their opponents attacks right back into the cockpit, unleash an attack called "moonlight Butterfly" that turns all mechanical objects into sand that has an AOE that extends from earth to Jupiter(which is what happened in the prior to the Turn anime's main story) and can also block attacks with said ability and annihilate anything in it's path on a smaller scale as well. Plus they can heal themselves and bend light to cloak itself from sensors.

No other Gundam can hold a candle to an EVA. They lack the firepower to pierce through an EVA's and an Angel's shields and are not has durable.

Quote Originally Posted by NK1988 View Post
    I thought channeling the souls of the dead was a pretty impressive feat for Kamille....

Also isn't Scirocco the only Newtype who can mind-rape people?

Honestly i always heard Kamille was the strongest Newtype as well and Scirocco seemed quite impressive in his turn.
    Judau did crazier shit. Projecting a giant hologram of himself that dwarfed mobile suits in size in a city, quiteting it despite it being a very busy city, making everyone inside the building he was in nearly crap themselves despite not actually seeing the projection, all with newtype will power(same time he made himself bullet proof), powers the ZZ Gundam for five onscreen minutes with the powers of his mind after the reactor has been maxed out and left in a state of uselessness for the time being, increase the output of his weapons, make his MS invicible, and rebuild his MS after it sustains damage. Plus he was strong enough to hold a telepathic conversation with Fa, and Kamille while he's fighting on Axis and Fa and Kamille are on Earth and can perform Ideon Beam (Makes ZZ's head canon super strong, so strong it looks more like a full powered shot from the TBR then ZZ's head beam gun).

Judau may lack refinement with his Newtype abilities, but he absolutely has the most raw power out of any other newtype.

Fantastic Member

What about the Dark/Devil Gundam? Especially at the end when it was the size of a colony? I would think that could stand up to an EVA.

What about the Dark/Devil Gundam? Especially at the end when it was the size of a colony? I would think that could stand up to an EVA.
    It might but I think it lacks the fire power to do any damage to an angel or an EVA. And despite being the size of a colony I don't think it was as durable. If it was then cool but again, it's firepower would not be capable of harming an EVA and an Angel. Their shields are pretty hard to bypass. At best it would stalemate an EVA.

BANNED

It's worth noting that Shinji was a fairly heroic and stable guy (even with his self esteem issues)for most of Evangelion and just kind of inexplicitly transformed into some whiny ineffectual looser for the last few episodes and EOE.

Being more aggressive and assertive could work to Kamille's advantage providing he doesn't go through the same inexplicable transformation Shini did. Although the important thing is weather any of that can really stop Gendo's plan.

Either way Gendo is getting Kamille's fist in his face at some point.

Fantastic Member

What about Kamille's interaction with the other EVA pilots?

He's sort of a kindred spirit to Asuka. Both are really just damaged and lonely. Could a romance bloom?

As for Rei, I wonder if Kamille could get through to her. Maybe look after her like a little sister as he did with Rosammy. He wouldn't let her be mistreated.

BANNED

What about Kamille's interaction with the other EVA pilots?

He's sort of a kindred spirit to Asuka. Both are really just damaged and lonely. Could a romance bloom?

As for Rei, I wonder if Kamille could get through to her. Maybe look after her like a little sister as he did with Rosammy. He wouldn't let her be mistreated.
    I'm sure Super Robot Wars has already answered that question for us.