Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Pre-Crisis Karate Kid vs Bills

Even though I hated that movie, this might be an interesting fight.
    One fight with energy attacks and one without.
    Battle takes place in the desert.

Last edited by Anarchist; 06-07-2014 at 12:53 PM.

What can Bills do against that level of speed?

I love that page but that's Archie Legion.

That said, Pre Crisis can kind of hang in there with Pre Crisis Superman so yeah.

Also, Battle of Gods was great.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

How fast could Val cover distances? Cuz Bills could just blow up the planet without getting anywhere near melee range.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

That said, Pre Crisis can kind of hang in there with Pre Crisis Superman so yeah.
    Didn't that fight pretty much come down to Val managing to surprise Superboy once (at least demonstrating pretty high end reaction speed), then Superboy demonstrating that he could wreck Val's **** pretty much whenever he wanted to? Like, I don't recall him actually being able to HURT Superboy or anything.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Didn't that fight pretty much come down to Val managing to surprise Superboy once (at least demonstrating pretty high end reaction speed), then Superboy demonstrating that he could wreck Val's **** pretty much whenever he wanted to? Like, I don't recall him actually being able to HURT Superboy or anything.
    It came down to that Val managed to wind Superboy a bit, and keep up with him until he tired, which is when Superboy could finally outspeed and wreck the guy.

Which, it must be said, is still freakishly notable.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 06-08-2014 at 12:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It came down to that Val managed to wind Superboy a bit, and keep up with him until he tired, which is when Superboy could finally outspeed and wreck the guy.

It's probably more then Bills could of managed, at any rate. I would say he probably can somehow close the distance before an energy blast is fired.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It's probably more then Bills could of managed, at any rate. I would say he probably can somehow close the distance before an energy blast is fired.
    O Super-Karate kick it back at him...
    No feats for that but c'mon, its Val!

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    How fast could Val cover distances? Cuz Bills could just blow up the planet without getting anywhere near melee range.
    IIRC, Legion Flight Rings are hellaciously fast. I could be wrong, but ISTR them being used or interplanetary jaunts.

Even if he does, and assuming Val doesn't judo throw his blast into the sun, Val just blocks all the debris and then gets into his transuit.

And, yes, invisible skit tight space suits are part of standard Legion equipment.

Yeah, Val tends to get oversold as outright beating Pre-Crisis Kryptonians at lot. He typically either gets in a few good hits before they realize what they are dealing with, or just survives the encounter. Which, as you note, it still pretty insane.

Well, he's also spun Superboy around into being a superspeed spinning top to bowl over various Legionnaires (look, it made sense at the time. It's certainly not that every member of the Legion basically walks around looking for the thinnest excuse to beat up as many other members of the Legion that they can. They'd all be dicks or something if that was true!), but ultimately they still managed to take him out, so yeah.

He also manages to get the guy into holds and such that keep him from acting for stretches. But again, that's all general hanging for a little while with.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 06-08-2014 at 12:28 PM.

It's certainly not that every member of the Legion basically walks around looking for the thinnest excuse to beat up as many other members of the Legion that they can. They'd all be dicks or something if that was true!),
    Yeah... 90% of the Legion is that and Romance subplots.

Oh no totally notable. I'm just wondering about his actual damage output, because Bills is pretty ridiculously durable. Not PC Kryptonian durable though, so if Val is actually consistently able to harm PC Kryptonians, well that's probably that. I just don't remember anything in the Superboy fight that looked remotely like that.

Oh no totally notable. I'm just wondering about his actual damage output, because Bills is pretty ridiculously durable. Not PC Kryptonian durable though, so if Val is actually consistently able to harm PC Kryptonians, well that's probably that. I just don't remember anything in the Superboy fight that looked remotely like that.
    Val otherwise does **** like shatter the Emerald Eye (granted it got better, you know, immediately, but it was that he shattered it in the first place) and bust up inertron, which in the pre crisis era was some serious crap, his damage output is pretty solidly whacked out as far as other demonstrations of "I can make these crazy durable people actually feel the hit I landed or otherwise do a thing to them".

Fair enough. I don't actually know enough about those things to use as points of reference, but it sounds like he's sufficiently ridiculous to be a contender here.

Fair enough. I don't actually know enough about those things to use as points of reference, but it sounds like he's sufficiently ridiculous to be a contender here.

The only person I remember totally no-selling Val was Darkseid. But, yeah, Pre-crisis Kryptonians feel it when he hits them. And they tend to casually fly through suns.