Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Again, Ki doesn't look like that.

There is no aura in that image. Nor there is an aura in Bills at any point during the close ups. You have that image, you have no proof the trail which looks exactly like the dust from the planet exploding is ki at all.
    If those planets are each Earth sized, how long do you expect the ki-trail to last? 2 Planetary diameters or 3? Unlike the Manga leaving a 'Billy from Family Circus' trail, Anime has them fade out pretty quickly. His Aura is purple as is every evil guy, and everything there is tinted purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So are you saying that someone who learned every martial art developed by the 30 century doesn't practice?

Post-Crisis Val practicing with Ultra Boy, a character that has all of Superman's powers one at a time.
    That's Threeboot Val. The crappiest version who can merely shatter hundreds of feet of ice off a building with a single blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    That's Threeboot Val. The crappiest version who can merely shatter hundreds of feet of ice off a building with a single blow.
    There are a lot weaker versions of Val actually.

If those planets are each Earth sized, how long do you expect the ki-trail to last? 2 Planetary diameters or 3? Unlike the Manga leaving a 'Billy from Family Circus' trail, Anime has them fade out pretty quickly. His Aura is purple as is every evil guy, and everything there is tinted purple.
    Like I said, no visible ki aura in the screencap. No visible ki at all as Whis knocks him out when he is going at FTL speed.

Plus, his aura is considerably brighter. Ki glows and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Cartoon Val was my first exposure to the character.

He was literally just a guy good at Karate there. Like, normal Karate.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Like I said, no visible ki aura in the screencap. No visible ki at all as Whis knocks him out when he is going at FTL speed.

Plus, his aura is considerably brighter. Ki glows and all.
    His aura is visible in space where he wouldn't be and is 'as bright' as the exploding planets, but I don't think anything I say will convince you so I'm going to stop trying.

I will point out that him having no aura before and after is actually part of my argument, so if you want to keep mentioning it go ahead. That on top of the comedic overreaction and silly music of course. Like that non-canon 'Sleeping SSJ Goku vs A Rock' bit and his Moon feat as a kid.

Those are canon. The later is toonish, but the former makes perfect sense within the context of the series.

That said, I stand by my point. There is no ki aura visible in the screencap unlike with Gotenks
    Last edited by Hazard; 07-03-2014 at 08:17 PM.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped

Those are canon. The later is comedic, but the former makes perfect sense within the context of the series.
    Wait . . . if Goku vs Rock is canon, then that durability argument earlier in the thread makes no sense. Last I heard of it, it was 'Anime Filler' and thus not canon. The Moon feat also directly contradicts his inability to breathe in space.

Wait . . . if Goku vs Rock is canon, then that durability argument earlier in the thread makes no sense. Last I heard of it, it was 'Anime Filler' and thus not canon. The Moon feat also directly contradicts his inability to breathe in space.
    The Moon thing comes from a time when Dragon Ball was more of a gag manga. Back then the characters were talking about Shounen Jump serialization, the amount of panels left and what was appropriate to show given the audience's age.

The rock thing happens because Goku specifically lowered his durability to regular human levels. It was part of his training for the Cell Games.
    Last edited by Hazard; 07-03-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I'm pretty clearly talking about comic versions, as that is a clearly a comic book. And far as I remember there's only:

Johns Legion/Lightning Saga Val: Easily the most sickeningly overpowered. This is the version that has literally come back form the dead with no explanation on multiple occasions and can dodge things that have already hit him.

Pre-Crisis Val Extending up until the Glorith-verse mini reboot. The guy we are talking about.

Reboot/Archie Legion Val: Actually has two of Val's better stunts, the finding weaknesses in a forcefield and Daxamite redirection into another solar system. But by and large PC Val had better and more numerous stunts.

Threeboot/WKRP Val: The earth Prime Legion. Has good stunts. Enough to still put him pretty much at the top of most comic book martial artist heaps, but largely juts doesn't have quite the mind bogglingly insane stunts the others have.

The Moon thing comes from a time when Dragon Ball was more of a gag manga. Back then the characters were talking about Shounen Jump serialization, the amount of panels left and what was appropriate to show given the audience's age.
    It gives Goku & Mooks the ability to survive in a Vacuum. In order to clear up any misconceptions: Do you believe this feat is valid and acceptable separate from it being Canon or not?

The rock thing happens because Goku specifically lowered his durability to regular human levels. It was part of his training for the Cell Games.
    I haven't watched the anime in a long time, but I don't recall anything like that being said or mentioned there. Was that from the Manga?

It gives Goku & Mooks the ability to survive in a Vacuum. In order to clear up any misconceptions: Do you believe this feat is valid and acceptable separate from it being Canon or not?
    It's contradicted by later stuff so it's commonly discarded.

I haven't watched the anime in a long time, but I don't recall anything like that being said or mentioned there. Was that from the Manga?
    Yeah.

Goku and Gohan train to the point they can use the SSJ form without any drain at all. One of the way they do this, is by keeping the form on all the time while keeping their power at minimum.

That's why in the seven days prior to the Cell Games they are always in SSJ form, even when sleeping.
    Last edited by Hazard; 07-03-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Yeah.

Goku and Gohan train to the point they can use the SSJ form without any drain at all. One of the way they do this, is by keeping the form on all the time while keeping their power at minimum.

That's why in the seven days prior to the Cell Games they are always in SSJ form, even when sleeping.
    Ahhhhh, and I thought it was something like being at max power in order to get their bodies used to it. Still it seems silly to be able to lower your durability to weaker than when you were a baby by lowering your power.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    I'm pretty clearly talking about comic versions, as that is a clearly a comic book. And far as I remember there's only:
    If you were you would have said so. You made a mistake, it's fine, you're only human. No need to get your back up over that.

Also, there are 9 versions of Karate Kid. 12 If you include the cartoon versions . One comic book version was weak enough for Batman to actually hit and fight evenly with.

Johns Legion/Lightning Saga Val: Easily the most sickeningly overpowered. This is the version that has literally come back form the dead with no explanation on multiple occasions and can dodge things that have already hit him.
    Speed force thing right? Just because it looked like it hit him to us, doesn't change the fact that he just dodged it. I don't see him being anywhere near PC Val's level.
    Last edited by Cody; 07-03-2014 at 10:56 PM.

double post.

Reminder that Goten at non SSJ, casual levels can throw a rock through a mountain instantly. Even Krillen throwing a rock is so far beyond a bullet at that stage that it's ridiculous. It's not even a negative feat since they were relatively powered down. Weaker than when he was a baby? It wasn't a regular guy that threw that rock, it was someone that was around low end Freeza level at the time tossing at those levels while the other guy's power was suppressed.
    Last edited by abmccray; 07-04-2014 at 05:24 AM.