Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This.

And lets be honest here, Clark was sidelined a long time ago. Reign of Doomsday? No Clark. Black Ring? No Clark (or Superman for that matter). Grounded? No Clark. War of the Supermen and New Krypton? No Clark. Most of those stories barely had him show up for a couple panels, much less focused on him in a meaningful way. We had a small moment after John Kent died at the end of Brainiac. Other than that, the last time I can remember where Clark actively played an important role in the story was......Last Son maybe? And that was what, 2006?

Oh, also, in my post above where I mentioned some of the Clark-centric things that have happened lately, I totally forgot to mention the American Alien mini by Landis that is about to start.

Seems to me that Clark is getting plenty of attention these days. But some people will complain no matter what, even when they have to make stuff up in order to do it.
    and those stories were crap, specially grounded and all new krypton stuff. i don't think clark has to be important to all superman stories, but ignore it all the time won't make for good stories.

landis and lois and clark book are the only think clark centric. don't surprise me how good lois and clark was last week. I won't say best superman issue since reboot, but it is one of the best one since flashpoint
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    It certainly would have had more impact had it occured within the continuity of the previous DCU. The already high stakes would have been even higher Given Martha Kent was still alive , Kon and Kara were living with her, Lana Lang and Pete Ross had a child that would have been in danger and of course Lois being married to Clark and the ramifications for her next of kin.
    actually it had some impact on clark kent, that was much more developed. there was actually a superman family, different of jerk superman that can't keep anyone close because...i have no idea, maybe some batman like stuff or how editors and writers think superheroes act now. wth is going on with kara?

the story is so forced. it is really dragging bad, when editors will start to learn to not do editorial mandates?
    Last edited by Tayswift; 10-17-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    and those stories were crap, specially grounded and all new krypton stuff. i don't think clark has to be important to all superman stories, but ignore it all the time won't make for good stories.
    Yeah, those stories were terrible. Isnt it great that Clark matters again?
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

Bridge Four!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm liking Truth a lot, even if the execution could have been better and its "prequel" Before Truth sucks.
    Of course, part of me miss seeing Superman in all his superpowered glory, but for that I can wait. At least, Clark continues to be at the center of the action rather than, say, start to work in a community center and have a normal life.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-17-2015 at 05:23 PM.