View Poll Results: What grade would you give this issue?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 out of 5 [A+/A]

0 0%
  • 4 out of 5 [A-/B+]

12 60.00%
  • 3 out of 5 [B/B-/C+/C]

4 20.00%
  • 2 out of 5 [C-/D+]

2 10.00%
  • 1 out of 5 [D/D-/F]

2 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I wouldn't mind them defeating the Maker as long as it's done without him carrying the idiot ball for that to happen. It's always a fear to have a character dumbed down just to prop up another. As long as something as stupid as a whisper doesn't cause a downfall, I'm looking forward to what this series can offer.
    I have faith that Ewing will handle this well. Mighty Avengers gave me the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I very much doubt that the Maker will ever be what he was in the Ultimate Universe. There's no way he or any other character can do that sort of thing in the main MU (unless it magically gets reversed somehow later). Just by not being in the Ultimate Universe anymore I think will unfortunately water down the Maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    A little perplexed by the outright inability to accept the team as a credible threat to the Maker, who clearly doesn't have nearly as formidable an army or set up as he once did. Whisper is a far, far cry from the Children.

To put it in context, the New Warriors defeated the Sphinx. The Young Avengers defeated a reality altering extra-dimensional parasite. The Teen Titans regularly defeated Trigon, ruler of an entire universe.

Rising to the challenge is what heroes do.
    Squirrel Girl alone has already beaten Doom and Thanos.

If there wasn't an Ultimat Squirrel Girl, then the Maker may not know what hits him.

Spectacular Member

Pros
    Good humor, decent writing.

Cons
    Despise the artwork....
    A) Floating crystals in place of victims heads? Whoever's brainchild that visual was needs to work elsewhere.
    B) Doreen's appearance is enough to destroy what credibility the character has built up over the years, don't draw he like a bad joke if you want her to be taken seriously.

For everyone who think the presence of one character destroys this whole book, I'll say I'm surprised how well Ewing is handling the disparity between normal superhero fun and the zany squirrel craziness just through one small panel of White Tiger: "...Yes."

And whatever you say, her joke in this issue is the best since Dan Slott days. I'm a firm hater of Bendis and now North's writing of her.
    Last edited by itspopularnowitsucks; 10-15-2015 at 09:52 PM.

My only real dislike is the art. Don't like the style, don't like Wiccan's new look. Not my thing. Rest was fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    For everyone who think the presence of one character destroys this whole book, I'll say I'm surprised how well Ewing is handling the disparity between normal superhero fun and the zany squirrel craziness just through one small panel of White Tiger: "...Yes."

And whatever you say, her joke in this issue is the best since Dan Slott days. I'm a firm hater of Bendis and now North's writing of her.
    Hey! North writes a great Squirrel Girl! She's great here too, though.

A little perplexed by the outright inability to accept the team as a credible threat to the Maker, who clearly doesn't have nearly as formidable an army or set up as he once did. Whisper is a far, far cry from the Children.
    Sidebar -

What's with The Maker being in a slump?

Attention Make Fans!

Ewing was interviewed at NYCC and fervently reassured fans that the Maker is no chump.
    "He's a lot of fun to write. Anybody worried that he'll go down easy: He is NOT going to go down easy. Definitely not. Nothing to worry about on that score."
    But neither are the New Avengers.
    He also feels very strongly that this team of heroes are ALL A-Listers.

To put it in context, the New Warriors defeated the Sphinx. The Young Avengers defeated a reality altering extra-dimensional parasite. The Teen Titans regularly defeated Trigon, ruler of an entire universe.

Rising to the challenge is what heroes do.
    That's the key right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Attention Make Fans!

Ewing was interviewed at NYCC and fervently reassured fans that the Maker is no chump.
    "He's a lot of fun to write. Anybody worried that he'll go down easy: He is NOT going to go down easy. Definitely not. Nothing to worry about on that score."
    But neither are the New Avengers.
    He also feels very strongly that this team of heroes are ALL A-Listers.
    Nice, thanks for posting this.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

An overall solid 4 star rated comic; good start Ewing. Keep it up.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Amazing Member

This is such a mixed thing for me. I liked what was happening with Sunspot before Secret Wars and this seems to continue down that road. I'm glad to see Songbird on the team, and I'm glad to see Ultimate Reed sticking around. I didn't actually like this book at all though.

My problem with that issue is the same as somebody pointed earlier: between the previews and the interviews, I got spoiled about almost everything.
    So, while it was nice to see POD or Dr Positron working with Roberto, it wasn't a surprise at all. Same with Inferior Hawkeye being the obvious traitor.

Still, Ewing delivered.
    I loved the nice litle touchs, like the Paris Squirrel "talking" in french or Sunspot wanting the other Hawkeye.

Sandoval's art has a lot of problems, but also a lot of energy and a nice manga vibe. I like the way he is drawing Squirrel Girl's face (I hope SG editor won't tell him to make her less cute )

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Mediocre romp. Moving on . . .