Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Name: Andres Escobar
    A.KA: Terremoto
    Originally form Chile now Krakoan
    Powers: He can induce a drunkness and or stoned like sensation at will if he grab a target more than 1 minutes the target will.become alcoholic or adicted to the drug he chosee to imitate.
    Secondary mutation: Inestable healing factor. He can heal injures but the speed will depend if many variables so ill never be the same. Example he can growth a arm back in a second but a hand in weeks. (To be fixed in arbor magna)
    Along his journey he will become Emma Frost and Rogue friend.
    Even if his power sound messy. He joins XFORCE and gets trained by Logan and Domino becoming a A+ HTH figther.
    Relative to Destiny (Great great Nephew on Father line)
    That's a weird power idea, but..... works as a concept at lest.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Continuing our preview of newly created mutants from alternate Earths, meet Gamma Girl, the daughter of Moses Magnum (codename: Doctor Magnum) and Lorna Dane (codename: Princess Polaris). Together with their invaluable AI robot, Sentron (part Sentinel, part Ultron), the family originally formed this Earth's greatest superhero team, Magnum Force.

Gamma Girl possesses the combined abilities of her parents -- geokinesis and magnetism -- albeit to a far greater degree than both. Her geomagnetic abilities enable her to absorb a portion of the energy unleashed against the Earth's Magnetic Field, typically in the form of solar flares and electromagnetic bursts, including gamma rays (hence her name). Her body has naturally mutated, granting her additional superhuman attributes of speed, strength, enhanced senses, faster reaction time, stamina and durability. Gamma Girl can survive in space for brief periods, but given that her abilities are vastly elevated to godlike levels when she's within the Earth's Magnetic Field or in direct contact with the Earth, she rarely engages in combat in the void of deep space.

With her parents now mostly retired, Gamma Girl stands alone as her Earth's premier champion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fantastic Member

I got a new idea for a new character.

PIXELS-Since his power manifested, he sees everything in pixelated. His eyes are unique and weird you can see the squares like in a computer's pixel. His sees everything in 1 squares millimeters pixel. He can zoom in/out his vision, the 1 square millimeter pixel he can sees it in 1 square meter. He can manipulate 1 square millimeter pixel per second, erase it, move it, crop, anything . He is an digital artist and his power is suitable with him. He can manipulate pixels by combination of his mind( what he think will he do), eyes( zoom in/out) his hand (crop, erase, edit etc.). His house is very weird ( up side down/ the out of this world combination of things like a wall has glimpse of ocean and the next are rain forest/ Antarctica and Sahara's desert. and it is not photos its alive. since he cut it on the real thing. When he manipulated the real things it does not permanently destroyed but he just duplicates it and create a new design based on his mind. In a battle with amount of time he can remove the head of his opponent provided it does not move and need time to do it since his power is 1 square millimeter per second.
    Marvel buy this mutant!!!

I got a little self-indulgent and got an art commission of my mutant OC, which I will now force you to look at. Pic. He creates portals. He makes a living as a mercenary by using them for spying, acting as a getaway man, etc.

I posted about him earlier, but then I fleshed out his powers and story a lot more since then. I wanted to go crazy and see how much fun you could have with his power.

• Moo-neuver: He opens a portal and lets stampeding cattle run over his opponents.
    • Chasing Waterfalls: Opens a portal to somewhere in the ocean, shooting forth a torrent of water at a target.
    • Smokescreen: By opening a portal above a factory chimney, he blasts his opponent with smoke.
    • Rifty's Got a Gun: If he has a firearm, he can open up one portal at the top of his gun, and and another in front of the target. By sending bullets through the portal, he’s almost guaranteed to hit his target and avoid anything getting in the crossfire.
    • Black Hole Sun: What happens if you open a portal inside another portal? Or if two portals open into each other? Can two locations exist in the same place, at the same time? This results in neutron degeneracy pressure, where the rifts collapse in on each other to create a black hole. I like the idea of this power because it sounds busted, but if he even tried this, he'd just kill himself and everything around him. It has no other use than to make him lose.
    • Love Tap: He can touch something and open up countless tiny portals on a molecular level on that open, getting in-between its molecules/atoms/whatever the hell. This would let him instantly scatter someone or something across the world with his powers. Only something he could do with a super-powerful boosting mutant, and with tons of time spent on setting things up. But the idea is that he could slap you and instantly scatter your essence across time and space. Instant vaporization.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Cognitohazard
    An enigmatic "glowing" mutant with the power to "rewrite" the way someone perceives the world. The effects his powers have on a healthy mind are frankly catastrophic, however...when they are used on a diseased mind his abilities remove the affliction no matter how severe. He has been seen traveling across the world curing the minds of those afflicted by illness, however...he is extremely reclusive, possibly introverted by nature and has no qualms about using his abilities on those he deems a threat to his safety. Possible secondary mutation exists in the form of a "telepathic kill switch" designed to prevent telepaths from entering his mind, the only telepath strong enough to survive the initial effect of the "kill switch" claimed that Cognitohazard's mind was like poison. Said telepath died a few hours later from what appeared to be a hemorrhage of the brain.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I got a little self-indulgent and got an art commission of my mutant OC, which I will now force you to look at. Pic. He creates portals. He makes a living as a mercenary by using them for spying, acting as a getaway man, etc.

I posted about him earlier, but then I fleshed out his powers and story a lot more since then. I wanted to go crazy and see how much fun you could have with his power.

• Moo-neuver: He opens a portal and lets stampeding cattle run over his opponents.
    • Chasing Waterfalls: Opens a portal to somewhere in the ocean, shooting forth a torrent of water at a target.
    • Smokescreen: By opening a portal above a factory chimney, he blasts his opponent with smoke.
    • Rifty's Got a Gun: If he has a firearm, he can open up one portal at the top of his gun, and and another in front of the target. By sending bullets through the portal, he’s almost guaranteed to hit his target and avoid anything getting in the crossfire.
    • Black Hole Sun: What happens if you open a portal inside another portal? Or if two portals open into each other? Can two locations exist in the same place, at the same time? This results in neutron degeneracy pressure, where the rifts collapse in on each other to create a black hole. I like the idea of this power because it sounds busted, but if he even tried this, he'd just kill himself and everything around him. It has no other use than to make him lose.
    • Love Tap: He can touch something and open up countless tiny portals on a molecular level on that open, getting in-between its molecules/atoms/whatever the hell. This would let him instantly scatter someone or something across the world with his powers. Only something he could do with a super-powerful boosting mutant, and with tons of time spent on setting things up. But the idea is that he could slap you and instantly scatter your essence across time and space. Instant vaporization.
    Ooh, I love the use of micro-portals for various things.

Random uses. For spying on folks. Open a small portal in an out of the way or hard to see location near a target (under the table they are all sitting at, in the back of the fireplace, or up the chimney) and use it to eavesdrop on conversations, or even spy on folk if you can find a place easy to see them, but not easily visible in return (in a place people rarely look, for instance)), just note that sudden sounds or flashes of light or stuff from *your* location will also pass through the portal and might give you away!

For dumping environmental effects on folks, as you've already noted. A portal just above an erupting volcano will send molten magma out the other end. A portal could be used to create a backdraft in a burning building, causing a rush of fresh air to turn a smolder into a conflagration. A portal to the bottom of the sea, where the pressure is so high that ice can't form, even though the water is well below freezing, would cause that water to shoot out of the gate with *tons* of force, and immediately expand into ice, now that it's free of the pressure of the depths! A portal into space would suck everyone in and eject them into space, to die. Not nice! A portal up into a thunderstorm would almost guarantee not just driving winds and rain coming out, but also a very good chance of a lightning strike. Can he reach a portal to the sun? Fwoosh! (Warning, might destroy all life on Earth. Save for emergencies...) A portal into an industrial furnace or the heart of a nuclear reactor could also suck to stand in front of...

And then there's the gun tricks. New clip, bamf. New gun, bamf. Bullet leaves my barrel, enters a micro-portal, and comes out of another micro-portal directly over your head, facing down. Bam, execution-style, but I was 30 feet away, and facing you! A micro-portal in front of henchman 1's gun causes his bullets to fly right into his bosses back! So much fun. And not just with guns, he could borrow a trick from the Spider-Man villain 'The Spot,' and punch the air in front of him and cause his fist to pass through a portal directly into your kidney, even though you're flying far above him!

I’d create a new version of the Wolverine villain Cyber and lean into what made him cool in the first place, while jettisoning all the garbage that kind of ruined him IMO.

First and foremost he was a great villain for Logan because he was f’ing scary! You didn’t know much about this guy, other than he messed Wolverine up real bad and had him shook as a result. Later they added all these connections to Logan’s past, making Cyber yet another really old character who (even without a healing factor for some reason) doesn’t age. And they connected him to the Hudsons and Romulus and all that b.s. So good riddance to the original version. Now let’s make a new one.

In the same way Arkady Rossovich became a Soviet super soldier, via their own version of the Weapon X program, I’d look to another world super power for this new Cyber: China. We meet him in Madripoor (where else?) where the Triads are moving in and taking over the underworld there. Logan shows up and takes a brutal beating from him, as the guy has the same impenetrable adamantium skin as his predecessor, but in this case no hallucinogenic or poison laced claws. Instead, his mutant power is actually a pheromone that disorients and weakens the people around him. It’s basically a toxic poison that makes them fearful and distorts reality… think of it like Omega Red’s “death factor” (spores) but instead it’s a “fear factor” (yeah, a bit cheesy, I know; but whereas Logan has a healing factor this dude has a “fear factor”; just roll with it). At any rate, this Chinese version of Cyber was created by their government after purchasing a large quantity of adamantium and the plans to lace his skin with the metal from… someone (Weapon X? Romulus? Does it matter?)… for a hefty sum. He’s been loaned out to the Triads to expand Chinese interests across Southeast Asia, hence how he ends up in Madripoor facing off against Logan.

That’s my idea for revamping this classic Wolverine villain with a modern twist anyway. It makes him kind of the Chinese equivalent to Omega Red, and dumps the baggage they added to the original version.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-19-2023 at 07:37 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    My most recent idea was a Clan Akkaba member. Elizabeth Stillwell was one of the members of the clan house attacked by Dracula in 1897. Instead of getting turned, she was knocked unconscious and buried under rubble.... where she somehow remained unconscious for over 100 years. Then in modern times she gets awakened by one of the super-powered fights in the modern era... which has the usual culture shock, but also the realization that Mutants are... semi-normal now. People may not like you... but they at least know what you are. Then when she meets Apoccy he's like "You're not dead yet? Hmm I guess you're worth keeping around."

Appearance: Elizabeth is what Oxymandias called a "grey face". IE she's a nearly normal looking woman... except she has grey skin and the distinctive lines. Despite her age she looks to be in her 20s. She was in her late 30s when she got buried.
    Powers: like most grey faces Elizabeth has impressive physical strength. But while many grey faces can alter the size and shape of their limbs and body, all Elizabeth can do is sprout blades from her forearms. Which is more like Baraka than Wolverine TBH. It's one blade per arm, and the blades are quite long/thick. But, unlike Baraka, Elizabeth can fire energy discharges from her blades, either as beams or as thrown energy blades. (she can still cut through things like stone with them) Also, there's the whole "why isn't she dead?" thing. A normal person would have died of old age by now. She was buried in rubble... with no food or water for longer than most people will live. Yeah... that's some sort of Mutant enhanced longevity power all right.
    Thought about this again and realized it was missing something... why was Elizabeth unnoticed all those years? After pondering it I decided that the best way was to give her a secondary mutation, much like Jack Starsmore s flame breath is something... new. This was a sort of psionic power to alter people's perception of the world around them, but mostly just her. Until after meeting the Xmen and having one of the telepathic xmen tell her to stop doing it... she did it fully subconsciously. So if she wanted people to not notice her, they might not. If she wanted people to perceive her as a normal Human, maybe they would. It doesn't have a long range though, and doesn't work on machines. Though if a person is observing her and in range, their perception of a TV image of her would be affected.

Part of the reason i thought of this was to explain how people didn't notice she was there for however long. When she went to sleep she was trying to hide and subconsciously willed her illusion power to make people not see her. So she got walled up when the people were fixing the building and left in the dark for decades. This also explains WHY she wakes up later. Someone physically disturbed her to wake her up.

Also, I decided that it'd not that she's immortal, just that she can enter a hibernation state where she doesn't age or need food, etc....

Also, she's pretty tough, but she doesn't really have super-healing or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Continuing our preview of newly created mutants from alternate Earths, meet Gamma Girl, the daughter of Moses Magnum (codename: Doctor Magnum) and Lorna Dane (codename: Princess Polaris). Together with their invaluable AI robot, Sentron (part Sentinel, part Ultron), the family originally formed this Earth's greatest superhero team, Magnum Force.

Gamma Girl possesses the combined abilities of her parents -- geokinesis and magnetism -- albeit to a far greater degree than both. Her geomagnetic abilities enable her to absorb a portion of the energy unleashed against the Earth's Magnetic Field, typically in the form of solar flares and electromagnetic bursts, including gamma rays (hence her name). Her body has naturally mutated, granting her additional superhuman attributes of speed, strength, enhanced senses, faster reaction time, stamina and durability. Gamma Girl can survive in space for brief periods, but given that her abilities are vastly elevated to godlike levels when she's within the Earth's Magnetic Field or in direct contact with the Earth, she rarely engages in combat in the void of deep space.

With her parents now mostly retired, Gamma Girl stands alone as her Earth's premier champion.
    I know this is an old post but I still think about Gamma Girl sometimes. She stuck in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Cognitohazard
    An enigmatic "glowing" mutant with the power to "rewrite" the way someone perceives the world. The effects his powers have on a healthy mind are frankly catastrophic, however...when they are used on a diseased mind his abilities remove the affliction no matter how severe. He has been seen traveling across the world curing the minds of those afflicted by illness, however...he is extremely reclusive, possibly introverted by nature and has no qualms about using his abilities on those he deems a threat to his safety. Possible secondary mutation exists in the form of a "telepathic kill switch" designed to prevent telepaths from entering his mind, the only telepath strong enough to survive the initial effect of the "kill switch" claimed that Cognitohazard's mind was like poison. Said telepath died a few hours later from what appeared to be a hemorrhage of the brain.
    This guy's sick. I love these kind of mutants, just dudes who exist far away from X-Men stuff, but have their own interesting and bizarre lives. Really fun and creative power, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, I love the use of micro-portals for various things.

Random uses. For spying on folks. Open a small portal in an out of the way or hard to see location near a target (under the table they are all sitting at, in the back of the fireplace, or up the chimney) and use it to eavesdrop on conversations, or even spy on folk if you can find a place easy to see them, but not easily visible in return (in a place people rarely look, for instance)), just note that sudden sounds or flashes of light or stuff from *your* location will also pass through the portal and might give you away!

For dumping environmental effects on folks, as you've already noted. A portal just above an erupting volcano will send molten magma out the other end. A portal could be used to create a backdraft in a burning building, causing a rush of fresh air to turn a smolder into a conflagration. A portal to the bottom of the sea, where the pressure is so high that ice can't form, even though the water is well below freezing, would cause that water to shoot out of the gate with *tons* of force, and immediately expand into ice, now that it's free of the pressure of the depths! A portal into space would suck everyone in and eject them into space, to die. Not nice! A portal up into a thunderstorm would almost guarantee not just driving winds and rain coming out, but also a very good chance of a lightning strike. Can he reach a portal to the sun? Fwoosh! (Warning, might destroy all life on Earth. Save for emergencies...) A portal into an industrial furnace or the heart of a nuclear reactor could also suck to stand in front of...

And then there's the gun tricks. New clip, bamf. New gun, bamf. Bullet leaves my barrel, enters a micro-portal, and comes out of another micro-portal directly over your head, facing down. Bam, execution-style, but I was 30 feet away, and facing you! A micro-portal in front of henchman 1's gun causes his bullets to fly right into his bosses back! So much fun. And not just with guns, he could borrow a trick from the Spider-Man villain 'The Spot,' and punch the air in front of him and cause his fist to pass through a portal directly into your kidney, even though you're flying far above him!
    Funny you should mention it, the spying is a big part of his career. (I have a big write-up about it, but it's too much of a tl;dr to post.) I also considered volcano stuff, but I didn't mention that his portals only go to places he's previously visited. Which would mean that he'd have to jump into a volcano to get the power. Sadly, he's not dating Magma, so that won't happen.

The ice pressure one is an idea I never even thought about. I wanna try it out... somehow. Idk how. But I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    My most recent idea was a Clan Akkaba member. Elizabeth Stillwell was one of the members of the clan house attacked by Dracula in 1897. Instead of getting turned, she was knocked unconscious and buried under rubble.... where she somehow remained unconscious for over 100 years. Then in modern times she gets awakened by one of the super-powered fights in the modern era... which has the usual culture shock, but also the realization that Mutants are... semi-normal now. People may not like you... but they at least know what you are. Then when she meets Apoccy he's like "You're not dead yet? Hmm I guess you're worth keeping around."

Appearance: Elizabeth is what Oxymandias called a "grey face". IE she's a nearly normal looking woman... except she has grey skin and the distinctive lines. Despite her age she looks to be in her 20s. She was in her late 30s when she got buried.
    Powers: like most grey faces Elizabeth has impressive physical strength. But while many grey faces can alter the size and shape of their limbs and body, all Elizabeth can do is sprout blades from her forearms. Which is more like Baraka than Wolverine TBH. It's one blade per arm, and the blades are quite long/thick. But, unlike Baraka, Elizabeth can fire energy discharges from her blades, either as beams or as thrown energy blades. (she can still cut through things like stone with them) Also, there's the whole "why isn't she dead?" thing. A normal person would have died of old age by now. She was buried in rubble... with no food or water for longer than most people will live. Yeah... that's some sort of Mutant enhanced longevity power all right.
    I like her. She reminds me of Graymalkin, but with cool blades. Oddly enough, while she reads fantasy, I'd like to see her on a really sci-fi-y book and have her deal with more culture shock. And also, for maximum energy beam aesthetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I like her. She reminds me of Graymalkin, but with cool blades. Oddly enough, while she reads fantasy, I'd like to see her on a really sci-fi-y book and have her deal with more culture shock. And also, for maximum energy beam aesthetics.
    TY!

Well, the inspiration for the idea was in the old Apocalypse vs Dracula story. It had 2 groups in the Clan Akkaba: what are seen in other Xmen related stories as "normal" Mutants, and "Greyfaces". Greyfaces LOOKED like Apocalypse in a way no one else does. Also, they tended to be among the most powerful of the clan.

So I started with the idea of having a "greyface" that somehow survived into modern times. Thing is.. seemingly all of them died in the fight against Dracula. And of course there's the fact that later on seemingly the "Most Fit" was an ancestor of Clarice Ferguson.... who looked normal.

But yeah, the culture shock angle is something great to go into, it's a lot of change since then.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 02-24-2023 at 11:05 PM.

This guy's sick. I love these kind of mutants, just dudes who exist far away from X-Men stuff, but have their own interesting and bizarre lives. Really fun and creative power, too.
    Thanks! I came up with this guy as a sort of natural counter to all of the really powerful mutant telepaths out there. A sort of "Anti-Telepath" with a rather unique ability to alter one's perception at either the cost of their sanity or the restoration of it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Ultimate Member

Random mutant still on Amenth, serving the White Sword as one of his cohort.

Iktar Nom-Et, the Thunder that Walks
    This fearsome warrior resembles a giant terrestrial crab/centaur, as large as a tank, with a thick armored carapace, superhuman strength beyond what even his size would suggest, and an oversized left pincer that can snap an Amenthi demon in half with ease. Between his thick chitin, scuttling mobility and deadly pincers, even the smaller of which could grapple and restrain a demon and leave it helpless against the deadly larger pincers attack, the Thunder that Walks seemed all but unstoppable on the field of battle, until he found himself face to face with Isca the Unbeaten, a tiny woman with a tiny sword, and, in his opinion, an entirely undeserved reputation. Iktar struck the ground to cause a shockwave and unbalance her, a favorite opening gambit, and as she fell back she flung her short blade with unnatural accuracy, right into his beady eye. As he reached up with his ungainly pincer to try and pluck the agonizing blade free, he instead smacked into the handle and drove the blade deeper into his brain, killing himself instantly. (She never did retrieve that blade, which the White Sword kept as a memento, to her irritation.) After his resurrection, Iktar now serves the White Sword, not terribly humbled by his experience, and prone to boasting about how he would defeat Isca handily if they ever met again on the field of battle...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Thanks! I came up with this guy as a sort of natural counter to all of the really powerful mutant telepaths out there. A sort of "Anti-Telepath" with a rather unique ability to alter one's perception at either the cost of their sanity or the restoration of it.
    Yeah, but you know Jean would be the One able to get through as she is so much more than a telepath!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, but you know Jean would be the One able to get through as she is so much more than a telepath!
    How relatively easy it is to just block telepathy has always annoyed me, especially for big dog telepaths like Jean!

I always thought that even 'alpha' telepaths like Xavier and Emma should be able to punch through standard grade psi-shielding with effort. (And someone like Jean should just consider them a speed-bump, nothing more, it taking a specially shielded *room* to really slow her down, not a 2 oz earpiece.) The notion that some of the most powerful mutant minds on the planet can be 100% blocked by something smaller than an iPod that rando goons seem to be able to pick up on the black market just seems silly to me. They can't block energy attacks from 'alpha' mutants like Sunfire or Banshee or Havok or Dazzler like that, why should psionic energy be so easy to spoof?

I'm more sanguine about telepathy blockers being more effective on characters whose telepathy has never been their strongest focus (like Monet), or on 'lower-tier' characters who aren't generally treated like 'big guns' (like Third Eye or Birdie or Anna-Marie Cortez).
    Last edited by Sutekh; 02-25-2023 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Nuh-uh, Cognitohazard is the Anti-Jean! Actually...why haven't they made an "Anti-Jean" type character? You'd think she would have a naturally occurring counteractive counterpart. Like...Oblivion or something.