Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Wow, I haven't created a Marvel OC in ages. I think I'll have to try this. Maybe something like, "What If Mystique and Destiny Had a Biological Daughter?" Stay tuned. I think I already know what to call her: Rose Raven.
    Ooh, what sort of powers could you get with a mashup of Mystique and Destiny?

Some sort of quantum dealie were, like Destiny, she can glimpse alternate possibilities, but not of the world in general, or other people or events, just alternate *selves,* and then, using a variation on Mystique's power, can assume that form. "In this reality, the world was overrun by Phalanx, and so, now I am one..."

Sort of 'choose your own powers,' in a sense, but it would be limited to a subset of things that could plausible happen to her, in some alternate reality, while not changing the essence of who she is (the daughter of Raven and Irene, so she couldn't quantum-shift to temporarily be an Atlantean or an Eternal, since Raven and Irene are neither, but she *could* quantum-shift to a self from a world where she got bitten by Dracula, and has vampire powers!).

back in the 90s when I was a teen I came up with a lot of mutant ideas. A lot of them were pretty simplistic ideas though. Also it was 20 years ago and I don't remember all of the names and backstories.

One was a very powerful telekinetic, the main limit to her powers though was that she had little in the way of superhuman senses. She could feel the molecular structure of matter she was using her powers on, but that was it. Odd physical trait: neon orange hair that glows when she uses her powers.

Next: green skinned woman with green hair and vampire like fangs, powers? Super human strength, and also the ability to absorb sunlight and fire it off as energy beams later. Since it's actual stored sunlight it's like showing dawn to vampires. Extra quirk: since her power is fueled by absorbing sunlight, natural light can't dazzle or blind her. She just absorbs it.

the Bio-transmutator, her power is re-writing DNA. She's used her powers on herself so often she has enormous powers but... her powers are unstable due to her changing them so much. It's relatively easy for her to create stable changes in others because it's.. someone else. She also changes her appearance on a whim so often no one really knows what she looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Some sort of quantum dealie were, like Destiny, she can glimpse alternate possibilities, but not of the world in general, or other people or events, just alternate *selves,* and then, using a variation on Mystique's power, can assume that form. "In this reality, the world was overrun by Phalanx, and so, now I am one..."

Sort of 'choose your own powers,' in a sense, but it would be limited to a subset of things that could plausible happen to her, in some alternate reality, while not changing the essence of who she is (the daughter of Raven and Irene, so she couldn't quantum-shift to temporarily be an Atlantean or an Eternal, since Raven and Irene are neither, but she *could* quantum-shift to a self from a world where she got bitten by Dracula, and has vampire powers!).
    this is sick. I love it

Make More Mutants!, Next Gen Krakoa:

Name: Firebird (Named after the first car he stole) aka Kenshin/Ken Grey
    Parents: Wolverine and Jean Grey
    Powers: Healing Factor, Superhuman Senses, Mental Empathy with other creatures, Red wings,
    Appearance: Looks like a young Wolverine with bright red hair

Name: Little Angel aka Rashida Worthington
    Parents: Storm and Angel
    Powers: Wings made out of clouds, can transform into pure light within clouds
    Appearance: White hair with blue eyes and white skin

Name: Mastermind aka Jason Summers
    Parents: Cyclops and Lady Mastermind
    Powers: Creating Illusions through energy, Energy Resistance

Name: Mind Blast aka Chris Summers
    Parents: Havok and Martinique Wyngarde
    Power: Creating Illusion through energy, Energy Absorption

Name: Steel Diamond aka Catherine Frost-Rasputin
    Parents: Emma Frost and Colossus
    Powers: Can turn into both Diamond and Steel Forms

Name: Psy-King aka Cedric Shaw
    Parents: Sebastian Shaw and Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Powers: Telepathy, Psionic Sword, Mind Control, Psionic Wings

Name: Shadowcrawler aka Julia Pryde-Wagner
    Parents: Nightcrawler and Shadowcat
    Powers: Travel through shadows, Shadow camouflage

Name: Star Bomb aka Jackson Blaire
    Parents: Dazzler and Bishop
    Powers: Super Hearing, Memorize sounds and frequencies, Energy Absorption

Name: Red Jezebele
    Parents: Azazel and Selene
    Powers: ???

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Make More Mutants!, Next Gen Krakoa:

Name: Firebird (Named after the first car he stole) aka Kenshin/Ken Grey
    Parents: Wolverine and Jean Grey
    Powers: Healing Factor, Superhuman Senses, Mental Empathy with other creatures, Red wings,
    Appearance: Looks like a young Wolverine with bright red hair

Name: Little Angel aka Rashida Worthington
    Parents: Storm and Angel
    Powers: Wings made out of clouds, can transform into pure light within clouds
    Appearance: White hair with blue eyes and white skin

Name: Mastermind aka Jason Summers
    Parents: Cyclops and Lady Mastermind
    Powers: Creating Illusions through energy, Energy Resistance

Name: Mind Blast aka Chris Summers
    Parents: Havok and Martinique Wyngarde
    Power: Creating Illusion through energy, Energy Absorption

Name: Steel Diamond aka Catherine Frost-Rasputin
    Parents: Emma Frost and Colossus
    Powers: Can turn into both Diamond and Steel Forms

Name: Psy-King aka Cedric Shaw
    Parents: Sebastian Shaw and Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Powers: Telepathy, Psionic Sword, Mind Control, Psionic Wings

Name: Shadowcrawler aka Julia Pryde-Wagner
    Parents: Nightcrawler and Shadowcat
    Powers: Travel through shadows, Shadow camouflage

Name: Star Bomb aka Jackson Blaire
    Parents: Dazzler and Bishop
    Powers: Super Hearing, Memorize sounds and frequencies, Energy Absorption

Name: Red Jezebele
    Parents: Azazel and Selene
    Powers: ???
    Great ideas Red Jezebel is intriguing first of all Azazel and Selene look a solid pair, Jezebel should have Exodus' red skin and have black hair and eyes.I found the best way to fuse Azazel's teleportation and Selene psychic/life force drain is to essentially make her an Improved Rogue,she doesn't have to touch you but be 100 meters from you at maximum distance and she 'ports' your superpower from you into herself.The power port works for a maximum of 5 minutes .While your power is ported you are powerless just like a regular human.While she has your power for a brief of up till 5 minutes. Her power borrowing is mostly from Selene, her father being Azazel lets her teleport herself and anyone she touches any unlimited distance on earth

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Holy crap, I never even thought about anything like that. That would be a totally awesome power to have! My initial thought was to make her your basic animal metamorph like Changeling/Beast Boy, but your idea for what I'll call a "chronomorph" is even better! I can see how it might make someone come across as OP, but that never bothers me -- I love OP characters.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 07-22-2020 at 09:08 AM.

View Post

Sort of 'choose your own powers,' in a sense, but it would be limited to a subset of things that could plausible happen to her, in some alternate reality, while not changing the essence of who she is (the daughter of Raven and Irene, so she couldn't quantum-shift to temporarily be an Atlantean or an Eternal, since Raven and Irene are neither, but she *could* quantum-shift to a self from a world where she got bitten by Dracula, and has vampire powers!).1
    I had a similar idea for a character I was going to call X-Over, who could exchange bodies with alternate reality versions of himself, but I never fleshed it out beyond that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Holy crap, I never even thought about anything like that. That would be a totally awesome power to have! My initial thought was to make her your basic animal metamorph like Changeling/Beast Boy, but your idea for what I'll call a "chronomorph" is even better! I can see how it might make someone come across as OP, but that never bothers me -- I love OP characters.
    Glad you like it, I was afraid of stomping all over your idea, which totally inspired me.

Love the avatar. Very timely.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I had a similar idea for a character I was going to call X-Over, who could exchange bodies with alternate reality versions of himself, but I never fleshed it out beyond that.
    Ooh, that's way better than my lame idea, which was 'Quantum Jenny.' 'Cause, yikes, I was like 'well, I guess it's better than no idea at all' but really, not.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-22-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Name : Lena Subotina
    Nationality: Russian

Age 25

Codename: Deja Vu

Superpower :The ability to create a chronal echo of herself.This ability means when she does this, she is about 1 hour ahead of time in her true reality while her body remnant is lagging behind her true self. It's not exactly a clone but her chronal echo, she has gotten so used to this power that often times she lets people interact with her remnant more than her true self.As people around her interact with her remnant, this confuses those she lets know of her power whether she is in real time or not.For example students thought at times she was late for class when in actual fact she already attended It confuses a lot of people thinking she got hurt only to see her appear fine in almost the same spot hence her nickname Deja vu(she usually returns to real time to let those close to her know she's fine,not so to those that mean her harm unless the 'coast is clear')...She is hyper aware of all things around her because of this ability,and is near impossible to hurt ,because she is literally always ahead of the curve,staying out of danger by leaving a remnant in a dangerous situation and jumping her true self ahead in time.If she is perceived as hurt by those around her it is only her remnant and to many her 'peril' comes across like being woken from a dream not too different from Fantomex's misdirection. Due to her power she sometimes doubles as a precog but only for imminent future events

However she can be hurt by anyone that manipulates time as time powers cause severe interference between her true self and her remnant.

Weakness: She is vulnerable to time manipulators,she has not exhibited ability to travel ahead of her remnant by more than an hour and she cannot create more than one remnant.
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-22-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

When I first started reading comics I created a mutant character that was Amerindian from South America. I forgot what his powers were, I think he could communicate with fauna, but he had a pet lion and a pet eagle (also mutants like Bill the lobster), that he could merge with into a griffin.

Extraordinary Member

Name: Jerrica 'Jeri' Harris

Powers: Her body changes into an organic stone as durable as The Thing that looks like obsidian. At her current 15 years old she is capable of lifting 65-70 tons.

Bio: Her parents, Mark and Lydia, moved out of the lower east side and to upstate New York. When her uncle, Thomas, was released from prison they came down to the city to help him move into his apartment. This was the night Apocalypse attacked the city (Fall of The Mutants) and her parents were under a collapsing building. They were not killed instantly and were rushed to a hospital. While in the hospital waiting for the doctors to give them update on her parents she saw X-Factor on the news helping people...and even saw them bringing wounded to the hospital she was at. The doctors eventually came out and told her that her parents had died during surgery. She blamed their deaths on Apocalypse but not all mutants and saw X-Factor as heroes for their actions trying to save people form the devastation. She moved into the city with her uncle. Several years later her powers manifested but she was never interested in being a 'super hero'....she just wanted to live her life. Then Krakoa was established and she was confronted by the fact that these mutants she believed were heroes were siding with her parents murderer over his victims. She hates Krakoa and will never go there and believes anyone who does is worse than Apocalypse because they are willing to ignore his crimes.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 07-24-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Fantastic Member

Since Krakoans government accept all mutants.

presenting the "Hue" Clan.

Power: Every member of this clan has specific color of skin(no one has the same color) ,. Their skin color will change if their are any object within the range of their eye sight and who has the same color of their "gene color" . Their whole skin color will turn bright as they are near the object.
    If they are in the maximum brightness of skin it can temporarily blind anyone. All of the member of the clan can cancel each other blinding power.

Clan member:
    I.) Black Grandma - has 3 sons and 2 daughter.
    A.) Brown Papa - the eldest of siblings, son of Black Grandma.

Rainbow children of Brown Papa.
    1) Red Star
    2) O-Range
    3) Yellow
    4) Green Hulk
    5). Blue Eye
    6) Indigo
    7) Vic the Violet

B) Purple Man -

C.) Aunt White / Mrs. White - daugther of Black Grandma.
    She has 2 daugthers
    1) Cyan
    2) Magic Magenta

D) Uncle Gray -

E) Pink - youngest daughter of Black Grandma

This clan has highest mutant family members in Krakoans.

Astonishing Member

Damn, I love that idea for a child of Mystique and Destiny's, like the mutant power of having a customizable self-image where they can draw upon the multiverse to swap out or edit the stats that comprise their identity and experiences. Maybe their name could be something like Sibyl? As in a kind of ancient prophetess who was known as just one of many who were all identified by numbers or location (ie 'the sixth Sibyl' or 'the Cimmerian Sibyl') rather than having their own distinct identities because they were simply regarded as the voices of fates or the gods or higher powers. It'd be a nod to Destiny as well as Mystique's ability/tendency to obscure her identity behind enigmatic manufactured personas.....as well as a reference that the Sibyl you meet could at any point be 'swapped out' for someone who could be and act completely different from one minute to the next, while still being Sibyl.

Anyway, some cool ideas here. So what the hell.....

Hmmm, let's say.....a teenage protégé Storm takes under her wing with the codename Imago (Latin for butterfly). She's a black girl who is extremely into all things STEM (science, technology, math, engineering), and superficially speaking, she might at first glance seem totally different from Storm: nervous, shy, maybe a bit clumsy, prefers wearing glasses, babbles a lot or rambles on about bits of trivia or fave topics in order to fill uncomfortable silences Ororo would be more likely to ride out with the refined, regal air she's known for. The fact that Imago's so science-geared also makes people think she's an odd fit for Storm to personally mentor, as Storm's more known for centering herself in the natural than the manmade.

But in fact, the bond Storm and Imago build on is that both are very in tune with the world around them and are always seeking to better understand it, deepen their connection with it, etc. Its just the specific LENS through which each views the natural world is different. Storm focuses on the natural way the elements all come together to organically create the world around them, in large part because of how her powers attune her to those elements and give her particular insight into their harmonies. Whereas Imago focuses on the world as a kind of complex - but still wholly natural - machinery comprised of cause and effects. With her powers attuning her to a view of the natural order in which everything exists as a solution to an equation that's essentially 'because this happens, that happens.'

Imago's power, which is always accompanied by a surge of prismatic energy flaring in the air behind her, looking almost like two outstretched butterfly wings of shimmering blue, pink and violet, is something she calls 'her butterfly effect.' It psychically tweaks quantum mechanics and laws of probability and causality in order to amplify the MAGNITUDE of anything she does while using her power, so that things she causes result in an effect that's taken to its furthest possible extreme. So Imago doesn't have super-strength, she can't lift anything heavier than what she can pick up naturally or carry around greater than average weights.....but anything she does throw, her butterfly effect can magnify the launch to send it flying miles. She can't trade blows like super-strong brawlers like Colossus, but her butterfly effect can result in a punch of hers knocking even the Juggernaut on his ass.

(Her butterfly effect does have a built-in insulation to the extreme effects her actions act as catalysts for. She's not invulnerable, but her fist won't take the kind of damage that would be expected from say, punching through a wall, if she were to do just that....her power basically has a built-in safety mechanism that acts as a shield from blowback that extremely amplified interactions would otherwise result in).

And of course, the real strength of her butterfly effect lies in its versatility. Its not just something she can use to magnify the effects of her punches and throws to do with them what basically anyone with super-strength can do....she can magnify the end result or ripple effect of any way in which she acts as a catalyst. Making the effective equivalent of a hurricane out of any inciting cause that's basically her 'beating her wings' so to speak. She can start fires by exponentially amplifying the friction made when she rubs her hands together, and turn a snap of her fingers into a sonic boom unleashed at ground zero. Puff out a deliberate breath of air her butterfly effect magnifies into a gale force wind, or stomp the ground hard enough to quake apart a building in front of her.

Over time, with Storm's guidance she evolves past seeing her power as limited to just a simple binary one and done reaction.....and ultimately starts exploring how it can be used to amplify the end results of linked chain of events she kicks into motion. With her butterfly effect exponentially magnifying the impact of any dominoes that fall as a result of her pushing over a specific initial one while tapping her power and flaring her signature 'butterfly wings' behind her. An injury she inflicts can kickstart a chain reaction continuously weakening an enemy in defiance of all conventional attempts to heal it. A well-placed single act of sabotage can end up crippling an alien warship.

Heck, she's not sure she'd rank it as one of her proudest accomplishments, but there's one time her tendency to babble about random topics when nervous led to her amping the end result of that....and putting to sleep the guard who caught her sneaking around on a stealth mission. Whatever works, y'know?
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-17-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Imago's power, which is always accompanied by a surge of prismatic energy flaring in the air behind her, looking almost like two outstretched butterfly wings of shimmering blue, pink and violet, is something she calls 'her butterfly effect.' It psychically tweaks quantum mechanics and laws of probability and causality in order to amplify the MAGNITUDE of anything she does while using her power, so that things she causes result in an effect that's taken to its furthest possible extreme. So Imago doesn't have super-strength, she can't lift anything heavier than what she can pick up naturally or carry around greater than average weights.....but anything she does throw, her butterfly effect can magnify the launch to send it flying miles. She can't trade blows like super-strong brawlers like Colossus, but her butterfly effect can result in a punch of hers knocking even the Juggernaut on his ass.

(Her butterfly effect does have a built-in insulation to the extreme effects her actions act as catalysts for. She's not invulnerable, but her fist won't take the kind of damage that would be expected from say, punching through a wall, if she were to do just that....her power basically has a built-in safety mechanism that acts as a shield from blowback that extremely amplified interactions would otherwise result in).
    Okay, I love this one! My own quasi-related idea was for someone who could amplify the magnitude by a factor of 10 (easily) or 100 (exhausts him!) any force leaving his body. He could amplify a punch, yes, but not his lifting strength. He could amplify a shout to be super-loud, a breath to be 'super-breath' (but even 10x normal, a human breath is not exactly a useful wind blasts or anything), his own body heat to be sufficient to ignite wood, etc. It didn't even have to be force or energy he was generating, but even light reflecting off his body could be magnified by a factor of 10 to make him blindingly bright to look at (which would be his primary defense). Later, he'd learn to reduce effects by a factor of 10. Reducing gravity's hold on himself by a factor of ten would allow him to make incredible leaps. Reducing the amount of light and sound leaving his body by a factor of ten would make him crazy stealthy and hard to see. Etc.

But Imago is way more consistent, with the ties to the butterfly effect and probabilities (and not nearly as arbitrary as my own idea), and I love the butterfly wings visual!

Astonishing Member

Okay, I love this one! My own quasi-related idea was for someone who could amplify the magnitude by a factor of 10 (easily) or 100 (exhausts him!) any force leaving his body. He could amplify a punch, yes, but not his lifting strength. He could amplify a shout to be super-loud, a breath to be 'super-breath' (but even 10x normal, a human breath is not exactly a useful wind blasts or anything), his own body heat to be sufficient to ignite wood, etc. It didn't even have to be force or energy he was generating, but even light reflecting off his body could be magnified by a factor of 10 to make him blindingly bright to look at (which would be his primary defense). Later, he'd learn to reduce effects by a factor of 10. Reducing gravity's hold on himself by a factor of ten would allow him to make incredible leaps. Reducing the amount of light and sound leaving his body by a factor of ten would make him crazy stealthy and hard to see. Etc.

But Imago is way more consistent, with the ties to the butterfly effect and probabilities (and not nearly as arbitrary as my own idea), and I love the butterfly wings visual!
    Thanks! I'm always a sucker for butterfly imagery for some reason, and I think black women and girls in comics rarely get opportunities to be depicted with soft imagery or associations as well as or instead of aggressive physicality, so I wanted to come up with something for her that let her be a bad-ass but didn't have to just manifest with that kind of energy.

And I definitely like the idea you're talking about as well and think it has room to be distinct (particularly like both being able to 'dial up AND dial down' the magnification of stuff, as well as being able to amp even anything that kinda just comes in his sphere of influence, or like the second something even like light interacts with his body, it falls under his power's purview to affect and amplify it too). But like, lol I think we and comics tend to be too hard on powersets the second they even TRY to be distinct or unique, because I mean, if there's room in comics for a dozen high profile characters whose powers are essentially just shapeshifting or telekinesis or super-speed or flight, then surely there's room for a few instances of niche powersets that somewhat overlap with each other while still being far more unique than the average energy-blasting mutation.