Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

If this is true, which I doubt, I don't believe that Fox would give Disney back the full rights to the F4, if they don't have the full exclusive rights to the TV rights.

This most likely a shared partnership, so that Fox is still involved, or at least can make money off of any appearances the F4 and FF make, like Universal does with Hulk, at the very least.

My dreams of the Illuminati in the MCU are so much closer to being true now.

You know, assuming this is true.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Rumour being the operative word here of course. There's usually no smoke without fire with these things though. Exciting if so.

Maybe not for X-Men fans though. I suspect that certain parts of the X-Board will go into meltdown about this.
    Why? I don't want the X-Men in the hands of Disney. Also, the X-Men wouldn't make sense in the MCU, and there wouldn't be a movie until AT LEAST 2020.

I'll believe it when I see it. Right now 2020 seems too early for another reboot especially after how badly the last one bombed. Incredible Hulk still got hurt by the lingering toxicity of Ang Lee's Hulk and even Feige admitted that the reason we haven't gotten Punisher and Ghost Rider reboots yet is because of the bad reputations those franchises garnered under other studios.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    If this is true does that mean Fox could make X-men cartoons as well? Or are animation different rights?
    Marvel has TV rights to both, I thought, they just haven't been using them. Wolverine, Sabretooth, some Sentinels and the Juggernaut showed up in the Ultimate Spider-Man show a few times. It's just been rumored that Marvel has been trying not to use the X-Men too heavily because they want to pimp their own MCU stuff.

Incredible Member

As much as I want this to be true, I'm not going to hold my breath until we get actual confirmation. But, for fun, I've speculated a little bit about what may have happened.

Early on in 2015, Fox mentions they have a desire to do an X-Men TV Series. July, Marvel releases Ant-Man to great success. August, Fox releases Fantastic Four, which should have been bigger than Ant-Man, and it bombs. Shortly after, at the TCAs, Fox announces they are pursuing an X-Men TV Series, but have to work it out with Marvel. Hmm... In September it is announced Marvel Studios have been moved out from under the Marvel umbrella, and report directly to Disney's CEO. Could it be that Feige was willing to pay Fox a good amount of money as part of their deal, but Perlmutter refused to let him pay that kind of money. So Feige gets out, gets the deal approved, and they move forward. As part of the deal, Marvel Television will coproduce alongside Fox. The deal gets finalized, so Marvel Studios cleans house and announces some new release dates. Fox and Marvel announce their two new television series. Now we may just have to wait for an announcement about the Fantastic Four. If true, it could be possible a time limit was put into place for how long Marvel needs to wait before announcing, so not to take focus away from the TV announcements.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    Why? I don't want the X-Men in the hands of Disney. Also, the X-Men wouldn't make sense in the MCU, and there wouldn't be a movie until AT LEAST 2020.
    No, I agree with that. That's not what I meant.

I was referring to 'The CompleX' thread on the X-Boards. They may well see this as further proof of Marvels deliberate discarding of all things mutant-kind.

I repeat also - rumour is the operative word in all this.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Pass. They're probably gonna get the Hangover writers to write this.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    Rumour being the operative word here of course. There's usually no smoke without fire with these things though. Exciting if so.

Maybe not for X-Men fans though. I suspect that certain parts of the X-Board will go into meltdown about this.
    As an xfan I'm still happy. What if the Xmen shows are good. I want my marvel movies good so this works for me.
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 10-15-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Yeah this news better be true. This guy may finally get a proper and terrifying media portrayal as he deserves!

Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    As much as I want this to be true, I'm not going to hold my breath until we get actual confirmation. But, for fun, I've speculated a little bit about what may have happened.

Early on in 2015, Fox mentions they have a desire to do an X-Men TV Series. July, Marvel releases Ant-Man to great success. August, Fox releases Fantastic Four, which should have been bigger than Ant-Man, and it bombs. Shortly after, at the TCAs, Fox announces they are pursuing an X-Men TV Series, but have to work it out with Marvel. Hmm... In September it is announced Marvel Studios have been moved out from under the Marvel umbrella, and report directly to Disney's CEO. Could it be that Feige was willing to pay Fox a good amount of money as part of their deal, but Perlmutter refused to let him pay that kind of money. So Feige gets out, gets the deal approved, and they move forward. As part of the deal, Marvel Television will coproduce alongside Fox. The deal gets finalized, so Marvel Studios cleans house and announces some new release dates. Fox and Marvel announce their two new television series. Now we may just have to wait for an announcement about the Fantastic Four. If true, it could be possible a time limit was put into place for how long Marvel needs to wait before announcing, so not to take focus away from the TV announcements.
    I can understand part of this, but I imagine that Perlmutter would have had to agree to any changes in TV rights.

I can't wait for everyone to get over excited for Doom within the MCU only for it to be Business suit doom.

Man, I really, really hope this is true... But more than anything, I think I want an FF NETFLIX-SERIES than a movie. It worked for Daredevil, so I think it could work for FF as well. Somehow, it feels as if there isn't the same kind of stigma then, than as to a movie.

I really hope they go the Hulk-route btw... I can't stand yet another origin-story. It's absolutely annoying when you've seen it several times already. WE KNOW! Ok? You don't have to tell us the same story, again and again and again...

Quote Originally Posted by Lot 49 View Post
    I can understand part of this, but I imagine that Perlmutter would have had to agree to any changes in TV rights.
    I believe this is actually correct, since I'm pretty sure Marvel Television and Jeph Loeb is still operating under Perlmutter's yoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    I can't wait for everyone to get over excited for Doom within the MCU only for it to be Business suit doom.
    SILENCE, PEASANT!!
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 10-15-2015 at 07:47 AM.

We'll wait for an official announcement. I suspect it's not as simple as all that. It may be a "sharing" deal like with Columbia/Sony, or the property may still be locked solid at Fox. We'll see.

I personally hope for an outright purchase by Disney of the Fantastic Four rights, to clear up any lingering issues once and for all.

And yes, I hope for a Thing/Hulk battle, as well as She-Hulk and Black Panther joining the team.

Also, I hope that the next version of Reed (and Ben) is a 616 style version (but I'm not hung up on graying temples) vs. the "Ultimate" version-- and of course, the Ultimate version became a villain. No thanks.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Yeah this news better be true. This guy may finally get a proper and terrifying media portrayal as he deserves!
    You realise that this MARVEL Studios right? Their track record with villains isn't that great... Probably another lame portrayal.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post

Lol, MCU and terrifying villain we all deserve is quite the oxymoron.