Default Batman/Superman #25

No discussion for this issue, unless I missed the thread somewhere? Anyway, dropping it. Haven't been enjoying it much for a while and this issue takes the cake with implication that Superman is dumb brute who got where he is simply due to teaming up with smart people.

Its like Pak doesn't get relationship between Batman and Superman at all and is just going for simplistic "brains and brawl" approach here.

BANNED

I've actually been enjoying the series more since Truth got started. I liked the first arc a lot, but then the book became wildly inconsistent. I find it's only started to find its footing now.

I don't get the dumb brute vibe at all, just that Superman isn't as a good a planner as Batman. His concern for others has also got him thinking Batman is a complete loner, but that's just part of rationalzing keeping others away while he's depowered and has his identity exposed, as well as trying to fill the void Bruce left behind. Superman and Batman team-up regularly, so he knows Batman isn't a complete loner.

I found this issue to be one of the most enjoyable the B/S installments of the Truth run, actually. Definitely in large part because of Babs, and With Dick and Jason in for the next issue I have hopes it'll be even better. Its also not lost on me that Gordon isn't in this one as much. That also helped my enjoyment. I just can't stand his characterization right now. Digging Vandal Savage too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El