Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Master Chief Vs Samus Aran

The Xbox Mascot takes on Nintendo's bounty hunter extradonaire

No time to prepare

Neutral territory

Both have ALL their equipment

Who wins?

BANNED

I assume you've seen this. (if you haven't, shame on you.

(dammit Monty. Why'd you have to die? I miss you. R.I.P.)
    Last edited by Arvandor; 10-15-2015 at 11:02 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Love the vid, always have, but that's not Master Chief - that's 'Nicole', Spartan-458.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Samus takes this.

It's not like it will be a curb-stomp or anything, but her armour is simply so advanced that it gives her that extra edge. Super-speed,

I would say that at base genetic level, they are tied, with both having enhancements.

On the cybernetic implants level, I would say Samus may again have a small edge, since her implants are theoretically more advanced.

Skill-wise I actually think Master Chief may have an edge, since as a Spartan I believe he has enhanced strategic abilities, body-reading and the like.

Gear-wise tho', Samus has a very clear advantage - her Power-suit is composed out of materials so advanced that they positively dwarf the technology available to the humans in the Halo-universe. It can convert energy to matter and matter into energy, thereby healing it's wearer on a molecular level almost instantly, it can manipulate weight and mass, it can adapt to physiological changes in the wearer, it can even adapt into accepting upgrades based on alien technology. It's a friggin' wonder!

So, with Super-speed, Space-jump, morph-ball, power-bombs (large-spread, high yield energy grenades) and her beam special attacks (similar to Iron Man's repulsor field discharge), she takes this.

Extraordinary Member

Samus should be able to tear through him with little difficulty, especially with ALL her equipment. That is a lot of stuff from the Prime series.

The stuff that can kill or seriously injure MC, RPGs and the like, are the kind of attacks that Samus can shrugg off. And with her morph ball, screw attack and double jump she has way more mobility. She's also basically got basically unlimited ammo with her beams and blasts and stuff, her missiles and bombs are however finite, and and she carries it all in one practical space-defying set of armor. MC can run out of ammo and can only carry two weapons at the time.

So yeah, I'd say that Samus has all the advantages.

BANNED

Been done before millions of times.

I'm pretty sure it's almost universally agreed on ALL versus forums that Samus bodies Master Chief six ways to sunday.

Out of curiosity, how fast is she?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Out of curiosity, how fast is she?
    At least a speeding car, once she gets her Shinespark going. Reflexes, I don't think I've seen her surpass human, but I don't recall that many actual cut scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    At least a speeding car, once she gets her Shinespark going. Reflexes, I don't think I've seen her surpass human, but I don't recall that many actual cut scenes.
    If that holds true, he's got a decided reaction-speed advantage. Depending on how strong she is, he may also be physically stronger. She's decidedly more versatile, however. Have no idea about durability. But with ALL equipment, you're giving the faster dude some rather nasty things to use. But again, I have no idea on her durability.

At the very least, he's going to be annoyingly hard to actually hit.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

If that holds true, he's got a decided reaction-speed advantage. Depending on how strong she is, he may also be physically stronger. She's decidedly more versatile, however. Have no idea about durability. But with ALL equipment, you're giving the faster dude some rather nasty things to use. But again, I have no idea on her durability.

At the very least, he's going to be annoyingly hard to actually hit.
    Well, going by the game, she survives giant monsters bodily slamming her around their battlefields and stomping on her and her getting back up, even with her heat shielding down, her suit can help her survive in super-heated liquids for a minute or two, gets hammered by projectiles from all sides and keeps going as long as her suit's energy keeps up.

And yet, ironically, she's lost all her enhancement functionality in a relatively small explosion that slammed her into a wall.

Strength is hard to judge. She never really lifts anything heavy and doesn't use melee attacks, unless you count her energy whip in Smash. Presumably she has some level of good strength with which to move around in her armor for hours, possibly days, without fatigue, though that may be as much cybernetic enhancement as anything I would think.

She's got some potent weapons, including screen-wide area of effect bombs that may hamper the Chief.

Well, going by the game, she survives giant monsters bodily slamming her around their battlefields and stomping on her and her getting back up, even with her heat shielding down, her suit can help her survive in super-heated liquids for a minute or two, gets hammered by projectiles from all sides and keeps going as long as her suit's energy keeps up.

And yet, ironically, she's lost all her enhancement functionality in a relatively small explosion that slammed her into a wall.

Strength is hard to judge. She never really lifts anything heavy and doesn't use melee attacks, unless you count her energy whip in Smash. Presumably she has some level of good strength with which to move around in her armor for hours, possibly days, without fatigue, though that may be as much cybernetic enhancement as anything I would think.

She's got some potent weapons, including screen-wide area of effect bombs that may hamper the Chief.
    If the manga is canon, then she did sprint and trained on a planet with gravity much heavier than ours(I think it was 2 or 3x heavier? I can't seem to recall...)
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Hm, well taking her at consistent levels, they're in the same general realm of durability; with her having the edge. I'd consider the explosion to be a low feat.

Hm, so Chief is definitely stronger and has an edge in endurance.

Her being able to hit him is the main issue, here. He basically would need to /want/ to get hit, here.. Whereas he's not going to have an issue hitting her with a Plasma Sword, or Spartan Laser, or Gravity Hammer, etc.

Though, if those bombs are the ones she drops in ball form ... that'd actually be pretty hilarious. She'd ball up, and he'd punt her into the far wall of the arena. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    If the manga is canon, then she did sprint and trained on a planet with gravity much heavier than ours(I think it was 2 or 3x heavier? I can't seem to recall...)
    That's actually pretty neat. Didn't know she had a manga series.

Arx Inosaan

Spectacular Member

For strength, her best is probable hauling a giant fish out of lava. She used the grapple beam to catch hold of it, but pulling it onto land was all her.

For speed, she's dodged some energy projectiles in cutscenes, but not really sure how to quantify those.

Anyway, I don't see Chief having being able to dodge or survive a power bomb. Okay, a bubble shield might be able to tank it, but he can only carry one of those, and Samus can just use power bombs over and over again.

It requires her to morph, first, yes?

How is she getting to that point?
    She durable enough to tank Chief's damage output?

If she is, it all becomes irrelevant, anyway, since she'll eventually hit him. But if she /can't/ then there's no reason why she'd get the chance.

Arx Inosaan

It requires her to morph, first, yes?

How is she getting to that point?
    She durable enough to tank Chief's damage output?

If she is, it all becomes irrelevant, anyway, since she'll eventually hit him. But if she /can't/ then there's no reason why she'd get the chance.
    Spartan's aren't that fast. Considering how easy she moved at increased gravity she could most likely keep up with him just fine.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral