Super Moderator

Default Invincible Iron Man, #2

Exploding out of the pages of SECRET WARS, one of the most popular super heroes in the world gets a gigantic new series. From the creators that brought you ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN comes new armor, new supporting cast, new villains and a new purpose that is going to tear itself across the entire Marvel Universe and beyond. With a shocker of a last page that will have everyone talking and the return of one of Tony's biggest nemeses, you will not want to miss this!! Also, who are Tony's biological parents? The quest begins here!

Full article here.

The art is amazing and almost worth it but I don't like how it takes four pages just for Stark to ask what she is doing with Doom. I think Bendis would be better in a manga volume format where you can get a chunk of story at once. It kind of allows for the decompressed nature of the story.

Aka, I think I'll wait on the trade for this one.

Incredible Member

Didn't the Hood fix her face up? or was it damaged again after that?

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Didn't the Hood fix her face up? or was it damaged again after that?
    I'm thinking her face is probably fixed, hence Tony asking 'Why?' the way he does. She probably wears the mask as some type of safety blanket psychologically.

All speculation from a small preview.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Loving the art by Marquez on this but Bendis...well. I guess I will try out the first arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Loving the art by Marquez on this but Bendis...well. I guess I will try out the first arc.
    I know! Marquez's art is nothing short of drool worthy. To me he's done the best Madam Masque I have ever seen!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I know! Marquez's art is nothing short of drool worthy. To me he's done the best Madam Masque I have ever seen!
    Definitely. I loved Whitney back when she was created. Wasn't she introduced during the Michelinie run? I really like seeing her on her own again and not tangled up with the Hood. I wonder if she does have an alliance with Victor but doesn't know who she's dealing with.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Good to see Madame Masque doing fun stuff alone again. I really never cared for her relationship with Hood.

Incredible Member

Surprisingly good first issue so I'll try the second. The art really is a thing of beauty.

Spectacular Member

Yes, Madam Masque came out of the Michelline run of the book. So far I am digging this book. I don't mind Bendis, I think he had a good Captain America run. I'm, interested to see what he is able to do with Tony and bringing Whitney back is a start in the right direction.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Reed View Post
    Yes, Madam Masque came out of the Michelline run of the book. So far I am digging this book. I don't mind Bendis, I think he had a good Captain America run. I'm, interested to see what he is able to do with Tony and bringing Whitney back is a start in the right direction.
    Did Bendis have a Cap run?

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    The art is amazing and almost worth it but I don't like how it takes four pages just for Stark to ask what she is doing with Doom. I think Bendis would be better in a manga volume format where you can get a chunk of story at once. It kind of allows for the decompressed nature of the story.

Aka, I think I'll wait on the trade for this one.
    Yeah man, Bendis is definetly a manga type of guy. And I think it's a good idea to wair for the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yep, same here.

The art is amazing, some of Marquez' best and most spectacular work. Here's hoping Bendis can keep it up in terms of writing .

I've liked Marquez ever since that original GN he did called Fantastic Four: Season One. I hope they keep him for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Good to see Madame Masque doing fun stuff alone again. I really never cared for her relationship with Hood.
    me either.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Did Bendis have a Cap run?
    no, never.