Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,791

    Default

    Has anyone read I Zombie? Is this a problem that occurs there?

  2. #47
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Nah, iZombie is completely adequate, but it has a completely different flavour than this anyhow.

    I've got to agree that a lot of the dialogue is overwrought in this arc, but if you ignore that niggling annoyance, it's still a perfectly serviceable filler story, which kind of felt like the point. It did feel rushed and kind of squished in at an odd time for the ongoing series, like the concerns she has are a little unrelatable right now considering the scope of the world's problems.

  3. #48
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,368

    Default

    I had no problem with the dialog. It didn't bother me at all. I liked the changing faces of the demon.

  4. #49
    Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I had no problem with the dialog. It didn't bother me at all. I liked the changing faces of the demon.
    You know, the more I think about, she probably would talk to herself a lot being out on her own so much. I work alone and find myself doing the same thing.

  5. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    You know, the more I think about, she probably would talk to herself a lot being out on her own so much. I work alone and find myself doing the same thing.
    Good point.
    I'm often in the same boat.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    You know, the more I think about, she probably would talk to herself a lot being out on her own so much. I work alone and find myself doing the same thing.
    I thought that, too. While that's definitely a defense of the choice, it was still unnecessary dialog which overrode the art, and killed any mood those scenes could have had. That's the bigger issue for me.

  7. #52
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I thought that, too. While that's definitely a defense of the choice, it was still unnecessary dialog which overrode the art, and killed any mood those scenes could have had. That's the bigger issue for me.
    I thought the mood was how nonchalant she was at the whole Hell Demon thing. Hence the dialog.

  8. #53
    Astonishing Member Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,791

    Default

    I thought the scenes of her exploring the house or heading down the well could have been suspenseful had she not been yammering the whole time about nothing. Or, rather, exactly what we were seeing on the page. Sometimes it's best to step aside and let the art tell the story.

    It's like really old comics where you get shit like "The Batman uppercuts Joker" over a panel of Batman uppercutting Joker.

    \_(ツ)_/

  9. #54
    Spectacular Member seusilva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sorocaba, Brasil
    Posts
    178

    Default

    At first I really disliked how easily she defeated the demon, but I remembered how easy was to Hellboy in some cases (Moloch for example), just some punches and action and that's it... that guy is not Varvara or Belzebub, just a random demon.
    What I still dislike is her apathy... there's a kid arm in the demon mouth and she doesn't care that much! haha

  10. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    At first I really disliked how easily she defeated the demon, but I remembered how easy was to Hellboy in some cases (Moloch for example), just some punches and action and that's it... that guy is not Varvara or Belzebub, just a random demon.
    What I still dislike is her apathy... there's a kid arm in the demon mouth and she doesn't care that much! haha
    Yes, the apathy is completely out of character. She was the exact opposite in Exorcism.

  11. #56
    Still winning!
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I thought the scenes of her exploring the house or heading down the well could have been suspenseful had she not been yammering the whole time about nothing. Or, rather, exactly what we were seeing on the page. Sometimes it's best to step aside and let the art tell the story.

    It's like really old comics where you get shit like "The Batman uppercuts Joker" over a panel of Batman uppercutting Joker.

    \_(ツ)_/
    A lot of writers simply don't know how to let the art sell the story. Some comics are too wordy for their own good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •