Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    a main character who expresses what he's feeling with his monster face instead of using his words.
    Like.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Personally, I find the Abe Sapien Dark and Terrible cycle reads significantly better in the trades. When it's all collected in omnibuses, I'm sure it will be the best way to read it. There's a lot of stuff going on visually that becomes much more apparent reading it in big chunks at a time.
    Good point.

I'm reminded of when I started reading Charles Burns's Black Hole, which initially came out as quite hard-to-come-by lush staplebound Kitchen Sink Press single comics, with really thick quality paper.
    Which had me appear sailing through each installment far too fast. Plus everything about the art and gripping visual storytelling had me on edge as well as constantly dreading the back cover as closing in.
    Collecting all the issues took me years and years until a collected edition saw the light.

Having everything about the book become like a fantastic David Lynch movie playing backwards. And the story teases like a devil's good side, as much a heartsinker as tears on a Birthday. So I guess I maybe see what you mean.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 10-25-2015 at 09:28 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Louriι / Dr. Pepper

All-New Member

I've really dug the Abe book. I love the tighter focus it has on Abe beside all the other books and find it as a perfect companion to BPRD. Definitely agree that it reads better in trades. So curious to see who's moving into the writer spot for BPRD. I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around someone other than Arcudi taking the reigns. I'm sure it will be great. These guys have managed the best and most consistent universe in comics that maintains lasting impact for the characters and longtime readers. My money is on Chris Roberson getting the gig. He seems to be a huge fan and well versed in the plot threads and mythology.

New to the boards and excited to be among like minded Hellboy lovers. Here's my two big questions:

1) When will we see the aliens again from Seed of Destruction and Conqueror Worm?

2) With a new writer coming onboard of BPRD will we see the long brewing vampire storylines coming into that book?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
    New to the boards and excited to be among like minded Hellboy lovers. Here's my two big questions:

1) When will we see the aliens again from Seed of Destruction and Conqueror Worm?

2) With a new writer coming onboard of BPRD will we see the long brewing vampire storylines coming into that book?
    I remember an old interview with Mike where he wanted to do a story about those aliens (in particular, the one that appears in Conqueror Worm), but it revealed too much. I expect they'll appear again close to the end of the Hellboy Universe, when we already know a lot of the big secrets.

All-New Member

Makes sense. Was always curious. They seemed to have an Atlantean or Abe connection by the way they looked I always thought. Hope maybe we'll get to see them in the current BPRD arc since they were monitoring the Ogdru Jahad. Fingers crossed for that as well as more Ashley Strode and BPRD: Vampire.

The Claw of Justice!

Makes sense. Was always curious. They seemed to have an Atlantean or Abe connection by the way they looked I always thought. Hope maybe we'll get to see them in the current BPRD arc since they were monitoring the Ogdru Jahad. Fingers crossed for that as well as more Ashley Strode and BPRD: Vampire.
    Welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy them.

The aliens do look a lot like Abe. I suppose we'll see what that means at some point...

I thought I read at some point that Mignola thought they were, in retrospect, a mistake... or was it introducing them so early? I can't recall, and these things are always changing.

Beautiful. Very exciting

It would seem I never read Exorcism. Guess I'll have to fix that.

All-New Member

Super awesome sauce. This is great. I hope we get to see more of her into the third cycle of BPRD.

Super awesome sauce. This is great. I hope we get to see more of her into the third cycle of BPRD.
    Yeah, me too.

Already posted elsewhere, but since it's about this arc, I thought I'd post it here too. The creative team has exapnded...

Last edited by middenway; 02-18-2016 at 06:57 AM.

April, huh? I think I've been spoiled by regular releases.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It would seem I never read Exorcism. Guess I'll have to fix that.
    You really do need to it's one of my favorite BPRD stories. I'm really excited to see more Ashley Strode