Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth #140–142: The Exorcist

I see this arc got a mention in Abe Sapien #27's Hellmail, so I thought I'd create a thread for it. No news yet, just a title.

I wonder who'll be writing this one, I was confused how John Arcudi had ten issues left to get to #147 but now it makes sense with this in between. Perhaps we could see the return of Abe with Scott Allie writing this arc, as I do feel that Abe is nearing it's end of this cycle but I doubt it as they have yet to deal with Gustav Strobl.
    It could even be Chris Roberson jumping in on this arc, he could helm the third BPRD cycle.

Another thing I'm wondering is how this would be collected, they'd need another 2 issue arc, which would be #149 after Arcudi's final issue at 147. Maybe #150 will be the beginning of the third cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by horror-of-sorts View Post
    I wonder who'll be writing this one, I was confused how John Arcudi had ten issues left to get to #147 but now it makes sense with this in between. Perhaps we could see the return of Abe with Scott Allie writing this arc, as I do feel that Abe is nearing it's end of this cycle but I doubt it as they have yet to deal with Gustav Strobl.
    It could even be Chris Roberson jumping in on this arc, he could helm the third BPRD cycle.

Another thing I'm wondering is how this would be collected, they'd need another 2 issue arc, which would be #149 after Arcudi's final issue at 147. Maybe #150 will be the beginning of the third cycle.
    I can't say a thing, damn it. An announcement will be coming soon though.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Gaah! Now I really want to know what the announcement is!

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Yeah I know, I just can't help but speculate in times like these, with Hell on Earth ending and Arcudi leaving I just can't wait to see what the next big chapter of this story will look like. With this 'era' closing I think it's time that I re-read this universe again!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by horror-of-sorts View Post
    I wonder who'll be writing this one, I was confused how John Arcudi had ten issues left to get to #147 but now it makes sense with this in between. Perhaps we could see the return of Abe with Scott Allie writing this arc
    I hope not, Allie's not a good writer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lobster View Post
    I hope not, Allie's not a good writer.
    I don't get the hate. I really have enjoyed the whole Abe series, Even with Abe taking a backseat in a lot of the earlier issues.

Can't wait for the announcement, Loving the Hellboyverse right now, Not that I ever have not.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    I don't get the hate. I really have enjoyed the whole Abe series, Even with Abe taking a backseat in a lot of the earlier issues.

Can't wait for the announcement, Loving the Hellboyverse right now, Not that I ever have not.
    Frankly, he's nowhere near the standard Mignola and Arcudi have set when it comes to writing. He's overly melodramatic and does a poor job of conveying the "man on the street" aspect that the book is trying to sell. BPRD #124 did a better job of Abe Sapien's mission statement in one page than Allie's entire run.

Whoops. The Devil You Know is not the title of this arc. It's something else.

I can totally agree. He's not as good writer as Arcudi. Abe series felt like a drag of pretty much of repeating same thing and very little getting to know the main star of the series, Abe.