Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Has anyone read I Zombie? Is this a problem that occurs there?

Fantastic Member

Nah, iZombie is completely adequate, but it has a completely different flavour than this anyhow.

I've got to agree that a lot of the dialogue is overwrought in this arc, but if you ignore that niggling annoyance, it's still a perfectly serviceable filler story, which kind of felt like the point. It did feel rushed and kind of squished in at an odd time for the ongoing series, like the concerns she has are a little unrelatable right now considering the scope of the world's problems.

I had no problem with the dialog. It didn't bother me at all. I liked the changing faces of the demon.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I had no problem with the dialog. It didn't bother me at all. I liked the changing faces of the demon.
    You know, the more I think about, she probably would talk to herself a lot being out on her own so much. I work alone and find myself doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    You know, the more I think about, she probably would talk to herself a lot being out on her own so much. I work alone and find myself doing the same thing.
    Good point.
    I'm often in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    I thought that, too. While that's definitely a defense of the choice, it was still unnecessary dialog which overrode the art, and killed any mood those scenes could have had. That's the bigger issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I thought that, too. While that's definitely a defense of the choice, it was still unnecessary dialog which overrode the art, and killed any mood those scenes could have had. That's the bigger issue for me.
    I thought the mood was how nonchalant she was at the whole Hell Demon thing. Hence the dialog.

I thought the scenes of her exploring the house or heading down the well could have been suspenseful had she not been yammering the whole time about nothing. Or, rather, exactly what we were seeing on the page. Sometimes it's best to step aside and let the art tell the story.

It's like really old comics where you get **** like "The Batman uppercuts Joker" over a panel of Batman uppercutting Joker.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At first I really disliked how easily she defeated the demon, but I remembered how easy was to Hellboy in some cases (Moloch for example), just some punches and action and that's it... that guy is not Varvara or Belzebub, just a random demon.
    What I still dislike is her apathy... there's a kid arm in the demon mouth and she doesn't care that much! haha

Quote Originally Posted by seusilva View Post
    At first I really disliked how easily she defeated the demon, but I remembered how easy was to Hellboy in some cases (Moloch for example), just some punches and action and that's it... that guy is not Varvara or Belzebub, just a random demon.
    What I still dislike is her apathy... there's a kid arm in the demon mouth and she doesn't care that much! haha
    Yes, the apathy is completely out of character. She was the exact opposite in Exorcism.

Still winning!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I thought the scenes of her exploring the house or heading down the well could have been suspenseful had she not been yammering the whole time about nothing. Or, rather, exactly what we were seeing on the page. Sometimes it's best to step aside and let the art tell the story.

It's like really old comics where you get **** like "The Batman uppercuts Joker" over a panel of Batman uppercutting Joker.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    A lot of writers simply don't know how to let the art sell the story. Some comics are too wordy for their own good.