View Poll Results: Which Ladies Would You Want On-Going Titles For? (multiple choice)

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman (Kate Kane)

70 31.11%
  • Bumblebee (Karen Beecher)

33 14.67%
  • Cheetah

15 6.67%
  • Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel)

16 7.11%
  • Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman

78 34.67%
  • Katana

47 20.89%
  • Lady Shiva

26 11.56%
  • Poison Ivy

38 16.89%
  • Power Ring (Jessica Cruz)

29 12.89%
  • Raven

37 16.44%
  • Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)

63 28.00%
  • Star Sapphire

23 10.22%
  • Supergirl

79 35.11%
  • Vixen

109 48.44%
  • Zatanna

127 56.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Women You'd Like to See Get Their Own On-Going Titles?

For those of us who like comic books starring female leads, which (if any) of these characters would you like to see DC develop a new on-going series for?
    Batwoman
    Bumblebee
    Cheetah
    Cyclone
    Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman
    Katana
    Lady Shiva
    Poison Ivy
    Power Ring
    Raven
    Stargirl
    Star Sapphire
    Supergirl
    Vixen
    Zatanna

Yes, this list is a tad random, and some of them will be getting mini-series in 2016, but I've listed only fifteen because of poll limitations.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

I'd read a new ongoing Zatanna comic series for sure.
    One DC character not on your list I'd like to see in her own solo series is Argent.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm gonna say none of these due to how New 52 has destroyed most of them.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Patrick Zircher wanted to do a Hawkwoman book but DC said no.

Fire & Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Icefan View Post
    Fire & Ice
    This one, too.

Btw, I voted for-
    Batwoman
    Bumblebee
    Katana
    Power Ring (but let's just call her Green Lantern)
    Raven
    Supergirl
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-16-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Vixen and Raven. If they were on the list, I'd also choose Power Girl, Aquawoman from Earth 2 and Aquawoman from Justice Incarnate.

BANNED

Maybe there could be an all-female team. That might stand a good chance of selling.

First choice: Katana

Second choice: Vixen

I voted Batwoman, Hawk and Vixen. I'd buy those. But I also think, while I wouldn't buy it, Zatanna could have a great comic series.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Shiva (I'd really want the Pre-Flashpoint Shiva, but I'll take the current one too)
    Batwoman
    Hawkgirl (only if Johns writes it though)
    Stargirl

I'd also write in:
    Cassandra Cain
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Dissapointing to see so little backup for Raven Especially in the face of a few choices who's already had a shot at a solo.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Dissapointing to see so little backup for Raven Especially in the face of a few choices who's already had a shot at a solo.
    I know right?

It's just you and me, mate.

I'd also give Kimiyo Hoshi her own solo title.

Hawk and Dove (Holly and Dawn) should get a crack at the whips in a book. Since every reboot to get Hank and Dawn working has fell on it's face.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I know right?

It's just you and me, mate.

I'd also give Kimiyo Hoshi her own solo title.

Hawk and Dove (Holly and Dawn) should get a crack at the whips in a book. Since every reboot to get Hank and Dawn working has fell on it's face.
    well, I kinda understand the appeal of most of the choices, if not simply to see them return to a monthly appearance.
    Like Batwoman proved from the get go it could be done well... and then proved how to totally ruin it later.
    Supergirl is a no-brainer with the show out... but maybe there just arent any brains going to make a viable comicbook for her?

And then there are some that I don't get:
    Hawkgirl: Unless we are talking about the Earth-2 version... eh pass, the character is a tangled mess with no up or down and has been that for ages; hence why the cartoon version is probably the best version thats been for decades.
    Poison Ivy: This one I really don't get, because she is for all intents and purposes; a villain. Her cause might be noble enough, but so is Ra's al Ghul's and the two aren't above large scale murder to get what they want.

Actually I would like to see what they could do with Hoshi now a days, plus it's good for diversity... also in the sense that you for once have a Japanese character who isn't either a samurai or a ninja (hence why I'd rather read her book than I would one with Katana).

Yeah, Hank and Dawn is a pairing I feel should just stop appearing. Hank is to me just a sort of short-tempered caveman and Dawn is essentially just around to reign him in before he does something monumentally stupid. Not to say Holly didn't do stupid things... but she was just more fun... just another sad pointless casualty of Blackest Night AKA how DC killed off alot of 'unwanted' characters.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    well, I kinda understand the appeal of most of the choices, if not simply to see them return to a monthly appearance.
    Like Batwoman proved from the get go it could be done well... and then proved how to totally ruin it later.
    Supergirl is a no-brainer with the show out... but maybe there just arent any brains going to make a viable comicbook for her?

And then there are some that I don't get:
    Hawkgirl: Unless we are talking about the Earth-2 version... eh pass, the character is a tangled mess with no up or down and has been that for ages; hence why the cartoon version is probably the best version thats been for decades.
    Poison Ivy: This one I really don't get, because she is for all intents and purposes; a villain. Her cause might be noble enough, but so is Ra's al Ghul's and the two aren't above large scale murder to get what they want.

Actually I would like to see what they could do with Hoshi now a days, plus it's good for diversity... also in the sense that you for once have a Japanese character who isn't either a samurai or a ninja (hence why I'd rather read her book than I would one with Katana).

Yeah, Hank and Dawn is a pairing I feel should just stop appearing. Hank is to me just a sort of short-tempered caveman and Dawn is essentially just around to reign him in before he does something monumentally stupid. Not to say Holly didn't do stupid things... but she was just more fun... just another sad pointless casualty of Blackest Night AKA how DC killed off alot of 'unwanted' characters.
    QFT mate. I agree 100%.

There are a lot of characters who have potential, that are just not being utilized.