View Poll Results: Which Ladies Would You Want On-Going Titles For? (multiple choice)

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman (Kate Kane)

70 31.11%
  • Bumblebee (Karen Beecher)

33 14.67%
  • Cheetah

15 6.67%
  • Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel)

16 7.11%
  • Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman

78 34.67%
  • Katana

47 20.89%
  • Lady Shiva

26 11.56%
  • Poison Ivy

38 16.89%
  • Power Ring (Jessica Cruz)

29 12.89%
  • Raven

37 16.44%
  • Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)

63 28.00%
  • Star Sapphire

23 10.22%
  • Supergirl

79 35.11%
  • Vixen

109 48.44%
  • Zatanna

127 56.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    Marvel even with low sales has let the creators finish their storylines.
    Sure.

it's better cancel and start over again at some point of the future, than keeping get bad stories being dragged out. Batwomn lost momentum and popularity when willaims II got out, the character will need a bigger push to people give it another chance.
    But when do they decide if they're "bad stories being dragged out" or just stories / writers / artists with potential that need a little more time to find the right audience? Sometimes, it seems like Marvel has been pulling the trigger a little too fast without giving things the extra time / exposure the books may have needed.

Dc did better on the past, but marvel is upping their game. while DC still don't get a solo for lois ( and keep draggin her to the mud) and ww has one of the worse runs.
    Big problem with Lois: if you don't give her a costumed identity or special abilities, how well will she do? She's a female reporter who for much of her previous time was tied to Superman. Trying to find a way to make a book about her not rely on Superman (or Harley Quinn / other superheroes) appearing every issue may be a difficult proposition based on what the general audience tends to buy these days. (I'd be interested in DC trying it, but I just don't know how well it would sell considering what normally seems to be in the top DC books ordered through Diamond.)

Helena Wayne yo.
    But how is it they gave Canary a book that no one was asking for while vixen has never had her own?
    Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Catwoman, Teen Titans, Astro City, Spider-Man 2099, Lazarus, The Maxx: Maxximized, Invader Zim
    There is only one Apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by Internet-man View Post
    Helena Wayne yo.
    But how is it they gave Canary a book that no one was asking for while vixen has never had her own?
    Because no one is asking for a Vixen series.

Or maybe no one had a good idea for a Vixen series. Given that we've seen things like Prez and Section 8, I can only assume that no one has a good story to tell with her right now.

Dont get me wrong, I'd check it out. And I think that right now, with her CW cartoon and live action possibilities, it might be the time to start capitalizing on her character. But Vixen is pretty far down the list of popular characters. Canary.....she's well known among our community and has a decent selling history behind her with the Birds. She's a long standing League and Society member. Plus she spun out of a higher popular title.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Yeah, Canary is one of DC's most classic female characters. I'm actually more surprised she didn't get her own series at the start of the New 52. With Vixen, I'm thinking they're going to wait and see how her cartoon is received. Personally, I'd like to see her join the Justice League or something.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    Yeah, Canary is one of DC's most classic female characters. I'm actually more surprised she didn't get her own series at the start of the New 52.
    She sort of did . . . it was called Birds of Prey.

BANNED

I really can't see a Cheetah or Cyclone title.

After reading this month's issue of Secret Six I would love to see Black Alice get an ongoing. Would be cool to see her interact with all the magical heavy hitters of the DCU on a monthly basis. It could be like a super natural version of Ms. Marvel. Of course Gail would have to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Because no one is asking for a Vixen series.

Or maybe no one had a good idea for a Vixen series. Given that we've seen things like Prez and Section 8, I can only assume that no one has a good story to tell with her right now.

Dont get me wrong, I'd check it out. And I think that right now, with her CW cartoon and live action possibilities, it might be the time to start capitalizing on her character. But Vixen is pretty far down the list of popular characters. Canary.....she's well known among our community and has a decent selling history behind her with the Birds. She's a long standing League and Society member. Plus she spun out of a higher popular title.
    Tbf, people usually don't know what they want until they get it. I mean, who was asking for Superman or Batman comics before those characters' debuts?

Poison Ivy would be fun. Lots of potential there.

I would also like to see a Talia al Ghul book; I'd love to see some development on the League, especially from her point of view. Perhaps even show her going out on assassinations and doing her thing? Some flashbacks would be nice, too.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Raven is long overdue for a solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Raven is long overdue for a solo series.

You do know she's suppose to be getting a mini-series in 2016?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/07...series-in-2016

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You do know she's suppose to be getting a mini-series in 2016?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/07...series-in-2016
    I'm quite aware, but SDCC 2016 is still 8 months away.

BANNED

Given that team titles tend to sell better than solo titles, it seems to me that a team of, say, four women might have a better chance of working.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    I'm quite aware, but SDCC 2016 is still 8 months away.
    What?

What does SDCC 2016 have to do with anything?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Shiva (I'd really want the Pre-Flashpoint Shiva, but I'll take the current one too)
    Batwoman
    Hawkgirl (only if Johns writes it though)
    Stargirl

I'd also write in:
    Cassandra Cain
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor