View Poll Results: Which Ladies Would You Want On-Going Titles For? (multiple choice)

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman (Kate Kane)

70 31.11%
  • Bumblebee (Karen Beecher)

33 14.67%
  • Cheetah

15 6.67%
  • Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel)

16 7.11%
  • Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman

78 34.67%
  • Katana

47 20.89%
  • Lady Shiva

26 11.56%
  • Poison Ivy

38 16.89%
  • Power Ring (Jessica Cruz)

29 12.89%
  • Raven

37 16.44%
  • Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)

63 28.00%
  • Star Sapphire

23 10.22%
  • Supergirl

79 35.11%
  • Vixen

109 48.44%
  • Zatanna

127 56.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Dissapointing to see so little backup for Raven Especially in the face of a few choices who's already had a shot at a solo.
    I know right?

It's just you and me, mate.
    In all fairness, there are some characters that people may prefer to be on a team with those interactions, rather than possibly removing them from that situation in a solo-series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    In all fairness, there are some characters that people may prefer to be on a team with those interactions, rather than possibly removing them from that situation in a solo-series.
    That is ofc true, my bone about Raven however is that she has been on exactly 1 team for her entire printed existence... and they ran out of ideas for her in that setting about 15 years ago. She's the Martian Manhunter of the Titans... the one that never leaves home. Atm, I am not so much hoping any new writer on TT will give her a better deal, I just hope she leaves. (Not mention she's with the wrong generation)

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What Outside_85 said.

Nothing constructive has been done with Raven for decades. She's essentially been a glorified extra on TT vol 3 and vol 4 (new 52), and any storyline she does get, is just a rehash of her NTT storyline with Trigon and becoming evil. It's the Jean Grey effect; where the only story writers want to tell with her now is her becoming Phoenix and dying (Uncanny, 92, New, Ultimate and the movies). TT vol 3 and 4 have largely been about the YJ cast (Tim, Conner, Bart, and Cassie). Besides rehashes of 80's story, the only thing Raven has had is a revolving door subplot of her relationship with Beast Boy and like Outside_85 said, Raven is with the wrong generation.

Off the top of my head, here are some alternative ideas of what you could do with Raven, outside of the TT.

A solo title where Raven fights crime and uses her knowledge of magic and the occult to do so.

Put Raven on the Justice League Dark. She could easily fit in with those characters and their battles against the occult.

Have a Raven and Pandora book. Traveling the world and fighting the evil that manifests inside humanity.

Have Raven join the Birds of Prey for awhile.

or create a team of female characters with a bird motif. Such as Raven, Black Canary, Hawk & Dove, Hawkgirl, a female Robin, maybe wiggle one of the Batgirls or Batwoman on to the team. Call it Birds of a Feather.

Finally, you could put Raven on a team of with other magic users. Like Zatanna, Madame Xandau, Enchantress, Jinx, and have them fight evil. Call it Witch's Familiar or something.

There are things you can do, and I think fans of the character would appreciate seeing someone they like being used constructively.

That is ofc true, my bone about Raven however is that she has been on exactly 1 team for her entire printed existence... and they ran out of ideas for her in that setting about 15 years ago. She's the Martian Manhunter of the Titans... the one that never leaves home. Atm, I am not so much hoping any new writer on TT will give her a better deal, I just hope she leaves. (Not mention she's with the wrong generation)
    Agree 100%
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 11-05-2015 at 02:02 PM.

BANNED

If it's going to be a team, decide first whether the team is to be powered or unpowered.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    If it's going to be a team, decide first whether the team is to be powered or unpowered.
    Not so much of a problem as there aren't any unpowered teams around once you look outside the exclusive 'batman' teams.

BANNED

Not so much of a problem as there aren't any unpowered teams around once you look outside the exclusive 'batman' teams.
    OK, then a powered team that leaves off the Bat characters and anyone else who is unpowered. That clarifies it a bit.

BANNED

OK, then a powered team that leaves off the Bat characters and anyone else who is unpowered. That clarifies it a bit.
    Never said that.

Come to think of it, there's normally a non-powered member on any team, usually it's a Bat-character.

BANNED

Never said that.

Come to think of it, there's normally a non-powered member on any team, usually it's a Bat-character.
    True. I personally don't like that mixing though. I like it all powered or all unpowered, with no vast gaps in the members' abilities. Everyone roughly on a par. For one thing, then the powered characters don't have to be dumb so the unpowered ones can have a role.

BANNED

True. I personally don't like that mixing though. I like it all powered or all unpowered, with no vast gaps in the members' abilities. Everyone roughly on a par. For one thing, then the powered characters don't have to be dumb so the unpowered ones can have a role.
    It's just playing to the characters strengths in the setting, the non-powered character usually can't add anything other than their smarts to teams like this unless they come with an armored suit.

BANNED

It's just playing to the characters strengths in the setting, the non-powered character usually can't add anything other than their smarts to teams like this unless they come with an armored suit.
    Well, that's right. I prefer it where everyone can be smart.

BANNED

I wouldn't be above seeing an Arisia title. People always whine about how they focus too much on the earth lanterns. It would be cool to see an alien lantern front and center.

Raven should've been a solo hero or on another team in the New 52.

I'd be open to a Element Woman book. But chances are we'll never see her again.

BANNED

Well, that's right. I prefer it where everyone can be smart.
    The others are just smart in different ways. Like Superman is massively intelligent, but that still doesn't make him a good tactician, Wonder Woman however is a brilliant tactician, but she can't build a rocket ship (anymore).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I wouldn't be above seeing an Arisia title. People always whine about how they focus too much on the earth lanterns. It would be cool to see an alien lantern front and center.

Raven should've been a solo hero or on another team in the New 52.

I'd be open to a Element Woman book. But chances are we'll never see her again.
    I'd like Arisia and Guy in a Green Lantern title. Space based.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-05-2015 at 03:18 PM.

BANNED

The others are just smart in different ways. Like Superman is massively intelligent, but that still doesn't make him a good tactician, Wonder Woman however is a brilliant tactician, but she can't build a rocket ship (anymore).
    I'm not arguing with you. It's been done, so of course it can be done again. The thing is, you'd keep it cleaner and simpler by matching characters according to their power levels. You wouldn't have to stretch to give everyone a job, and it would simplify who the teams would fight. Unpowered teams against street-level threats and powered teams against "cosmic" threats. The title would be easier to write that way.

BANNED

I'm not arguing with you. It's been done, so of course it can be done again. The thing is, you'd keep it cleaner and simpler by matching characters according to their power levels. You wouldn't have to stretch to give everyone a job, and it would simplify who the teams would fight. Unpowered teams against street-level threats and powered teams against "cosmic" threats. The title would be easier to write that way.
    Easier to write might be right, more streamlined certainly... but its limiting regarding what kind of stories can be told. Like the League can do just about every kind of story because of the breath the various characters bring to the team, We Are Robin can just about only do one kind. Another example is Simone's BoP, they were primarily telling spy-like stories, but could go alot of other places because of the various guest members that came and went.