View Poll Results: Which Ladies Would You Want On-Going Titles For? (multiple choice)

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Batwoman (Kate Kane)

70 31.11%
  • Bumblebee (Karen Beecher)

33 14.67%
  • Cheetah

15 6.67%
  • Cyclone (Maxine Hunkel)

16 7.11%
  • Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman

78 34.67%
  • Katana

47 20.89%
  • Lady Shiva

26 11.56%
  • Poison Ivy

38 16.89%
  • Power Ring (Jessica Cruz)

29 12.89%
  • Raven

37 16.44%
  • Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)

63 28.00%
  • Star Sapphire

23 10.22%
  • Supergirl

79 35.11%
  • Vixen

109 48.44%
  • Zatanna

127 56.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Successful appearances in tv and movies doesn't always help characters though. Both John Stewart and Kaldur appeared in tow well received tv shows. The former has been shoved into the background ever since and the latter hasn't even been mentioned in the New 52. Artemis from Young Justice had a cameo in The Culling only to be killed off.

At the end, what results in a solo has and always will rely on the editors.
    Entirely true. But Im just figuring, no one seems to have a good hook for the Hawks right now. Or at least a hook that DC has enough faith in to invest. But if Hawkgirl proves popular on the tv show, it might highlight a path for the comics. Im not looking for synergy so much as hoping that the tv guys have a good idea the comics can be inspired by, because the comic guys obviously dont have a clue right now.

As for the discussion about teams, I think either option (segregating the power levels or mixing them) works, but they work for different things. The Birds of Prey were typically street level espionage stories because their roster gravitated towards that kind of narrative. Marvel's upcoming Ultimates is on the other end of the spectrum (the weakest member is the Black Panther) and we'll never see them dealing with common drug dealers. The League is much more varied and therefore able to tell stories of any kind. And it all works out pretty well. Any team book has to decide what kind of story they're going to tell and more importantly, what kind of story they're going to avoid, and build a roster around that.

Raven is sort of a weird character in this regard. Her powerset is far more subtle than most and doesnt lend itself well to big giant supervillain battles. But she's still quite powerful. She could work well on a street level team (where she'd quite possibly be the powerhouse) but could also work on a cosmic level one too (where she'd be more for utility). Personally I'd like to see her in a JLD type book where her creepy factor can really be cranked up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Publishers shouldn't have to wait on films and shows in order to do something with a character, in my opinion of course.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Publishers shouldn't have to wait on films and shows in order to do something with a character, in my opinion of course.
    Depends on who you are talking about. Even with a film or shows SOMEONE will find an excuse to not try.

2 guest spots on cartoon shows, toys, video game appearances and a online episode and where is Vixen?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on who you are talking about. Even with a film or shows SOMEONE will find an excuse to not try.

2 guest spots on cartoon shows, toys, video game appearances and a online episode and where is Vixen?

DC dropped the ball her way too many times. It's obvious that they don't care about the character at all. Not even a mini in 2016, but they give one to Sugar and Spike. Really? Poor Vixen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Raven is sort of a weird character in this regard. Her powerset is far more subtle than most and doesnt lend itself well to big giant supervillain battles. But she's still quite powerful. She could work well on a street level team (where she'd quite possibly be the powerhouse) but could also work on a cosmic level one too (where she'd be more for utility). Personally I'd like to see her in a JLD type book where her creepy factor can really be cranked up.
    You are right about this, Raven is a sort of jack of all trades regarding to where she can be and what stories can be told with her, it all depends on how powerful any writer decides to write her. Her normal maybe slightly nerfed self could easily fit onto something like BoP, where she could simply be the close-range transport and interrogator. Play into the troubled mystic aspect and she'd be a better fit on the initial JLD than Zatanna was. Play around with some of her more powerful displays and she could fit onto the League as well.

I biggest problem right now however seems to be her age. The other teams sort of stick with a certain age-bracket and 16-whatever year olds dont seem to fit onto any of them. (might be easy to fix with her time in the Underrealm, simply making her look younger than she might be.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    DC dropped the ball her way too many times. It's obvious that they don't care about the character at all. Not even a mini in 2016, but they give one to Sugar and Spike. Really? Poor Vixen.
    So, you know EVERY SINGLE COMIC BOOK TITLE DC will be releasing in the next 14 months?

Really, isn't saying "not even a mini in 2016" when it's still 2015 seems a bit much. I have no idea if she may get a mini-series or even a regular on-going series or not, but how do you know she won't?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'll add Fire/Ice joint book and the obligatory Manhunter ongoing. I'd also read Oracle (Babs), Huntress (Helena), Hawkwoman/girl, Mera, Lois Lane, Zinda (Blackhawk), Power Girl, Firehawk (from Batwoman), Spoiler, Jessie Quick, Star Saphire. DC has so many great, underused female characters.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

it's honestly baffling that Vixen doesn't have an ongoing and hasn't ever had one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, you know EVERY SINGLE COMIC BOOK TITLE DC will be releasing in the next 14 months?

Really, isn't saying "not even a mini in 2016" when it's still 2015 seems a bit much. I have no idea if she may get a mini-series or even a regular on-going series or not, but how do you know she won't?

If you don't like what I say, you can easily block or ignore me. Just lose the attitude. If they ever have plans for her, then so be it. I'll be happy. But I'm not holding my breath.

Lilith for me

Batwoman (Kate Kane)
    Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman
    Power Ring (Jessica Cruz)
    Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)
    Supergirl
    Zatanna

I'm surprised that Supergirl doesn't have her own relaunched ongoing already given the television show (like they launched a couple of Gotham... titles around the release of Gotham, Gotham by Midnight, Gotham by Midnight etc) but would love these. Also outside the poll, Mera would be a pretty awesome addition to the book as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    I'm surprised that Supergirl doesn't have her own relaunched ongoing already given the television show (like they launched a couple of Gotham... titles around the release of Gotham, Gotham by Midnight, Gotham by Midnight etc) but would love these. Also outside the poll, Mera would be a pretty awesome addition to the book as well.
    I believe there's been talk that a Digital First Supergirl book may be getting launched soon.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/...the-tp-bundle/

Astonishing Member

Element Woman
    Tomorrow Woman
    Brainiac 8/Indigo
    Ya'Wara
    Cir-El as Supergirl or as a new Kryptonian related character say...Sunburst.

Women I'd like to see get their own title.my list is as follow.

VIXEN
    NUBIA
    BLACK CANARY
    MARY MARVEL
    THE HUNTRESS
    POWER GIRL
    MERA
    TROIA=DONNA TROY
    ZATANNA
    ISIS
    FIREHAWK
    LADY QUARK
    EMPRESS=ANITA FITE

I picked Batwoman, Katana, Poison Ivy, Raven, Supergirl, Vixen, and Zatanna. Of the choices, these characters are ones I both know the most about and who seem to be popular enough to support their own book. I just don't know enough about the others to vote for them.

For Batwoman specifically, I'd love it if she's still in 'Tec by #1000, and then she gets a solo that spins off from that.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)