Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The Mechanic remake wasn't the best film but Jason Statham and Ben Foster sure did make a great team.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Don't think I ever saw The Mechanic remake. I can only guess it's very different from the original. Ben Foster isn't in enough movies.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 10-18-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Yeah, it was pretty enjoyable. Statham does tend to make enjoyable-enough flicks (with the exception of Parker or Porter - whatever it was called - that one was a stinker).

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Ghost Dog....
    can't believe i forgot that one, maybe i think of it more as a samurai movie. samurai movies deserve a thread, used to be one before the wipe out.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    The Mechanic remake wasn't the best film but Jason Statham and Ben Foster sure did make a great team.
    i thought it was awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    can't believe i forgot that one, maybe i think of it more as a samurai movie. samurai movies deserve a thread, used to be one before the wipe out.

i thought it was awesome.
    It's not like a samurai movie at all. It's just Jim Jarmusch's weak ass take on a hitman movie, it's like some arty hipster genre film that fails to deliver on the genre it's playing in. He did it again some years back with The Limits of Control a Jarmuschian take on the Spy/Assassin genre in which he test the limits of your patience with a movie that's more interesting to talk about the idea of what he's trying to do than actually sit and watch.

You should start a samurai movie thread.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty enjoyable. Statham does tend to make enjoyable-enough flicks (with the exception of Parker or Porter - whatever it was called - that one was a stinker).
    That's sad to know. I've never been thoroughly satisfied with any Parker adaptation, film or comics, but I had more hopes for Statham in the role.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Leon, nikita.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    That's sad to know. I've never been thoroughly satisfied with any Parker adaptation, film or comics, but I had more hopes for Statham in the role.
    If it came on tv, and there was nothing else on, I might not change it. I'm not sure I would say it's a stinker, it's more like a very average movie that you wouldn't be missing anything if you didn't see it. Sadly Taylor Hackford hasn't been interesting since the '90s.

Golgo 13
    There can only be one!

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    It's not like a samurai movie at all. It's just Jim Jarmusch's weak ass take on a hitman movie, it's like some arty hipster genre film that fails to deliver on the genre it's playing in. He did it again some years back with The Limits of Control a Jarmuschian take on the Spy/Assassin genre in which he test the limits of your patience with a movie that's more interesting to talk about the idea of what he's trying to do than actually sit and watch.

You should start a samurai movie thread.
    i wouldn't waste time trying to change your opinion on the movie, but i will probably check out The limits of Control now. i enjoy the oddball quirky **** in ghostdog & dead man.

i probably will start a samurai movie thread next time i watch one that gets me in the mood to watch them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i wouldn't waste time trying to change your opinion on the movie, but i will probably check out The limits of Control now. i enjoy the oddball quirky **** in ghostdog & dead man.

i probably will start a samurai movie thread next time i watch one that gets me in the mood to watch them.
    I like Dead Man quite a bit, but then that's a good movie; and it's play on William Blake as stilted movie Indian dialogue was funny. It's only real flaw is there's a far better movie in there, where we start with Nobody (that backstory he gives) and we follow him as he meets up with Depp's William Blake. Because the beginning of the movie, especially the very beginning on the train, isn't all that good. Actually saying that the train stuff is only "not all that good" is being pretty nice to it.

In no real order...

Pulp Fiction
    No Country for Old Men
    The Professional
    In Bruges
    Grosse Pointe Blank
    Road to Perdition
    John Wick
    The Killer

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting....

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    In no real order...

Pulp Fiction
    No Country for Old Men
    The Professional
    In Bruges
    Grosse Pointe Blank
    Road to Perdition
    John Wick
    The Killer

I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting....
    Couple just came to mind...

Looper

The Memory of a Killer (foreign flick...I believe Dutch?)

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

pretty much everyone took all the good ones.

loved mean guns. watched as a teen and i still watch it today.

the professional. nuff said.

john wick, simply because of the allure and legend of the title character.

I liked Payback quite a bit.