Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I could be wrong but the descriptions provides so far sound like they're setting up standalone series that can run with limited or no reference to the rest of the X-universe, whereas the ideas in this article are pretty continuity heavy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Melbourne View Post
    I could be wrong but the descriptions provides so far sound like they're setting up standalone series that can run with limited or no reference to the rest of the X-universe, whereas the ideas in this article are pretty continuity heavy.
    I think it's been confirmed that Legion and Hellfire WILL be set in the XCU, though, just that there's no plans for them to significantly impact the films (yet).

Legion can be easily set in the XCU while still being stand alone if its based on Spurrier's book.

I also always thought the Frank Tieri Weapon X series would work for tv as its mostly c list villains/heoes ...

First time I ever even heard of Gideon...talk about obscure.

Quote Originally Posted by juggalord View Post
    How did Exiles not make this list? This is literally the BEST show idea for FOX. Here's the basic premise for those who've forgotten:

The multiverse is broken and it's up to five time/reality displaced mutants to fix it, one universe at a time. Guided by the mysterious Timebroker and their Tallus control device, these weary travelers look to make wrong what was once right -- if they can.

The series writes itself. It's the mutant version of "Sliders," which is appropriate since Judd Winnick originally based the concept on "Sliders" - and "Quantum Leap." You don't have to worry about using characters (or actors) that have already been in the movies before or stepping on any toes because that's the joy of alternate reality dupes. You can build a series that is both serial and episodic, meaning that you can have a narrative that runs through the show as well as having stand alone episodes. This would basically be FOX's second bite at the apple since they so thoroughly screwed up when they let "Slider" go to SyFy after S3 and totally stopped giving a crap after the end of S2.

Think about the potential roster:

- Clarice Ferguson (aka Blink): We've already seen this character in DoFP. We know how cool it could be and, frankly, the VFX involved for portal teleportation is pretty simple (and cheap) to do these days.
    - Morph: Here's your comic relief. Slap some prosthetics on him and use some easy peasy morphing, also cheap & easy to do these days, for a true to the source accurate character.
    - Calvin Rankin (aka Mimic): Now's when you get to have your cake & eat it too. The power of the O5 in a character who's basically a tabula rasa for TV audiences. Telepathy, TK, optic blasts, strength/agility, ice, & flight. A power's VFX gets too expensive to keep on creating? Simple. Trade it away for a cheaper to do one.
    - Magnus Lehnsherr: He's the son of another reality's Magneto & (possibly) Rogue. He died early in the comics, but I'd keep him here. Inheriting his dad's power, he's brash & arrogant, but trying to live down his father's legacy. Nobody trusts him.
    - Laura Kinney (aka X-23): Every X-Men property needs a Wolverine, right? X-23 is just the Wolverine you ordered. She's mysterious, dangerous, and a clone of a man she never met. Can learn to be normal from these misfits?

Of course, you've got the mysterious Timebroker who kinda pops up every now and then to drop clues and send them off on missions. Functionally, he'd be like a combination of Zordon from "Power Rangers" and Dungeon Master from "Dungeons & Dragons."

This premise would allow you to visit some classic storylines as well. Plus, imagine having these character meet evil versions of themselves or versions where they died or hooked up. "Exiles" could be FOX's direct assault on DC/WB's own "Legends or Tomorrow" too.

It would be a HUGE mistake not to use this property. It's perfect for a weekly series and can't possibly hurt their films.

BTW: I know. I know. I've offended you Nocturne fans. I love her too. I just think that two characters in heavy makeup is enough work to do on an ongoing basis. Plus, the additions of Magnus & X-23 would provide some much needed conflict that the happy go lucky Talia couldn't. Comparatively, she's too "fluffy" and would fill a levity gap that's already being provided by Morph.
    I love this idea.

So many jabs at Legion it almost makes me wonder if Brett White didn't like Spurrier's XML. If so then for shame. It was a really good book and Legion is a character with incredible potential for a good writer!

Just think about it: a show about a young man possibly suffering from mental issues (like dissociative identity disorder) who also has superhuman abilities, which might be the cause for his mental issues, sounds really intriguing if done right!

And what comes to Hellfire? I could easily see it either focusing on the inner struggles of wealthy & powerful superhuman & human elite who are trying to amass more and more fortune & power for themselves and when you combine that with spy stuff, etc. I could easily see it working well. A period piece show with superhumans could be good even if I wished that it wasn't X-Men related or use X-Men characters because IMHO it's a too drastic of a departure from the X-Men

However suggesting that Fox make a medical procedural with a mutant main character? That doesn't sound like a too good of an idea. When you tell people that the main character has superpowers they're going to expect superhumans to be an important focus and if you then put them to the background in favor of typical medical procedural stuff it would probably frustrate people who came in expecting to see superhuman stuff. And simultaneously people who are interested in seeing medical procedural stuff would probably never tune in since they'd think that it's all about superhumans. Maybe I'm completely wrong but I still feel that show like that would be a nightmare to market.

As others said some characters here, like Essex & Creed are just too unrepentantly evil to be featured as protagonists. I think that out of all of these Siryn, X-Cutioner, Gideon & Maverick would be the best choices. Oh and , surprisingly, Fallen Angels could work too. I mean, a group of young superhumans who try to survive through thievery makes a good premise by itself but they also have super-intelligent lobster mascots? That could sink into people really well! People embrace crazy stuff like that. After all, Groot & Rocket were popular parts of GotG just as Marvel predicted and that's why Marvel is counting on Lockjaw to be a popular part of Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    How did Exiles not make this list? This is literally the BEST show idea for FOX. Here's the basic premise for those who've forgotten:

The multiverse is broken and it's up to five time/reality displaced mutants to fix it, one universe at a time. Guided by the mysterious Timebroker and their Tallus control device, these weary travelers look to make wrong what was once right -- if they can.

The series writes itself. It's the mutant version of "Sliders," which is appropriate since Judd Winnick originally based the concept on "Sliders" - and "Quantum Leap." You don't have to worry about using characters (or actors) that have already been in the movies before or stepping on any toes because that's the joy of alternate reality dupes. You can build a series that is both serial and episodic, meaning that you can have a narrative that runs through the show as well as having stand alone episodes. This would basically be FOX's second bite at the apple since they so thoroughly screwed up when they let "Slider" go to SyFy after S3 and totally stopped giving a crap after the end of S2.

- Clarice Ferguson (aka Blink): We've already seen this character in DoFP. We know how cool it could be and, frankly, the VFX involved for portal teleportation is pretty simple (and cheap) to do these days.
    - Morph: Here's your comic relief. Slap some prosthetics on him and use some easy peasy morphing, also cheap & easy to do these days, for a true to the source accurate character.
    - Calvin Rankin (aka Mimic): Now's when you get to have your cake & eat it too. The power of the O5 in a character who's basically a tabula rasa for TV audiences. Telepathy, TK, optic blasts, strength/agility, ice, & flight. A power's VFX gets too expensive to keep on creating? Simple. Trade it away for a cheaper to do one.
    - Magnus Lehnsherr: He's the son of another reality's Magneto & (possibly) Rogue. He died early in the comics, but I'd keep him here. Inheriting his dad's power, he's brash & arrogant, but trying to live down his father's legacy. Nobody trusts him.
    - Laura Kinney (aka X-23): Every X-Men property needs a Wolverine, right? X-23 is just the Wolverine you ordered. She's mysterious, dangerous, and a clone of a man she never met. Can learn to be normal from these misfits?

Of course, you've got the mysterious Timebroker who kinda pops up every now and then to drop clues and send them off on missions. Functionally, he'd be like a combination of Zordon from "Power Rangers" and Dungeon Master from "Dungeons & Dragons."

This premise would allow you to visit some classic storylines as well. Plus, imagine having these character meet evil versions of themselves or versions where they died or hooked up. "Exiles" could be FOX's direct assault on DC/WB's own "Legends or Tomorrow" too.

It would be a HUGE mistake not to use this property. It's perfect for a weekly series and can't possibly hurt their films.

BTW: I know. I know. I've offended you Nocturne fans. I love her too. I just think that two characters in heavy makeup is enough work to do on an ongoing basis. Plus, the additions of Magnus & X-23 would provide some much needed conflict that the happy go lucky Talia couldn't. Comparatively, she's too "fluffy" and would fill a levity gap that's already being provided by Morph.
    I love this idea.
    Me too! Though I'm still a bit worried about the budget restriction. It still might limit which characters to use a bit too much.
    Last edited by JustAnotherFan; 10-17-2015 at 02:05 PM.

All-New Member

Why no love for the idea of an rag-tag group of alien misfits thrown together by fate and forced to live on the fringes of interplanetary society doing what they can/must to survive against an oppressive regime? While being led by a normal human haunted by the events that led to him being taken from Earth? Is it just because the Starjammers don't have anything with the cool factor of Rocket/Groot?

Maybe Fox News could make a reality show based on Creed and the Marauders?

You take a charismatic and hateful man and let him spew lies and racist propaganda to build a following. He'll get some political influence, lots of media coverage, lots of funding and people volunteering to help his cause. He would make a private army/militia/black ops teams, and he would motivate others to commit violence and vandalism based on race and religion.

Both Mexicans and Muslims would be quite suitable for the role of mutants. They even start with the letter M. I think the Mexicans would probably be the most likely enemies for Creed. He could have Marauder groups patroling the border against Mexico and slaughtering those different from themselves. I mean, it's not like Mexicans, or any native North American races for that sake, were mentioned in the Bible, so they're unholy and thus fair game.

By changing from fighting the X-gene to the more visibly brown skin and lack of a passport/birth certificate you would eliminate the need for viewers to understand biology and other scientific stuff, something that would make the show suited for the Fox News market. And for some reason I feel the channel could find the necessary amount of hateful people looking for tv time, the funds to finance a hateful movement and enough henchmen and weaponry to create both a small army and a civilian part of the organisation.

You could also have spinoffs like "Genosha - The American Utopia". A mix of Plutocracy and Theocracy where foreigners are held as slaves (some parts of the Bible says it's ok) to boost the nations wealth (no taxes for those with full citizenship), laws are a mix of biblical law, the laws of the late 18th century and assorted laws of today. Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh would be consultants on the show, and Ted Cruz would argue that Genoshans were in fact direct descendants of the Founding Fathers, therefore being entitled to the same rights to self-goverment as native American reservations have today. As a spinoff it cannot be started immediately, they usually start some time after the main show, but that's fine as a lot of the people involved won't be available before the Republican primaries are over anyway.

X-factor always seem like it made the most sense for tv. Have multiple man(easy enough powers for tv) lead a team of mutants running the x factor investigations version of the team. Like leverage with mutants kinda.

If not make a show starring sunfire and thunderbird called the amazing assholes.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Its hard to sell a show that features such irredeemably evil people as the protagonist.
    Breaking Bad
    House of Cards
    Mad Men

Your argument is invalid.

Protagonists with no redeeming value is the new big thing in hollywood. Did you know there's a television show about Hannibal Lechter? Did you know there's a television show about Lucifer, the prince of darkness?

Quote Originally Posted by ktralfam View Post
    Breaking Bad
    House of Cards
    Mad Men

Your argument is invalid.

Protagonists with no redeeming value is the new big thing in hollywood. Did you know there's a television show about Hannibal Lechter? Did you know there's a television show about Lucifer, the prince of darkness?
    So is yours kinda. None of those people are irredeemably evil except hanibal maybe but the shows just as much about the fbi agents. Hollywood loves dicks who do bad from time to time but they arent without some admirable qualities.
    Dont know much about the lucifer show or comic but doesnt he actualy help people or the police?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbrat View Post
    Brett White is so pressed that they didn't announce the shows he wanted.
    The old boy does sound a little salty...

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Excalibur featuring Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Phoenix (Rachel Grey-Summers), Captain Britain and Meggan.

All-New Member

Not sold on too many of these ideas. Sorry Brett. But on serious note, I'm really surprised an X-Factor series wasn't announced. Ensemble cast and weekly mysteries. Sounds like a good and easy adaptation into a serialized procedural.

Man you had me already at "Sliders". I just loved that show and it was so fun seeing a new world with each episode.
    "This is me being reasonable"

I like sabertooth and Blinks relationship given how evil The main sabertooth is. To see him like that is nice but i dont know if you can do a decent sabertooth on tv without looking corny like x1. But in a prefect world id have him as leader.

Also if they dont want a guy who looks like an alien running around they can go xMen TAS route with morph. Save money and time. Also make the actor happier im sure.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-18-2015 at 07:18 AM.