Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Sailor Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Ft3viBgtQ#t=75

Had no idea they were remaking this until today. Ashamedly, I'm actually kinda looking forward to this haha. I used to always watch this and DBZ back to back as a kid, but I have no idea if this show still holds up at all.

BANNED

Sailor Moon helped me get through puberty.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

Had no idea they were remaking this until today. Ashamedly, I'm actually kinda looking forward to this haha. I used to always watch this and DBZ back to back as a kid, but I have no idea if this show still holds up at all.
    From what I here, this new show will be based more on the manga source material than the original show was.

Also, they are currently releasing a complete redub of the original series with Better Voice acting and fewer edits. New episodes stream every monday

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    From what I here, this new show will be based more on the manga source material than the original show was.

Also, they are currently releasing a complete redub of the original series with Better Voice acting and fewer edits. New episodes stream every monday
    Awesome. Who's doing it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Awesome. Who's doing it?
    the websites are Hulu and Neon Alley

So excited for the new series. I'm not a huuuge fan of the faces of the characters, but I think they'll grow on me. And really, any Sailor Moon is good Sailor Moon, IMO.

BANNED

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Growing Up Their where many Super-Hero and Action Adventures shows threw the late 80's and the 1990's on TV that I Really Enjoyed:

Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, Voltron, Spider-Man Animated 90's Series, X-Men Animated 90's Series, Captain Planet, He-Man, Thundercats, Go-Bots, Power Rangers, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Adam West 1960's, Even WWF was like a Super-Hero show if you know the Era I am talking about indeed. MANY more too I can't think of right now, but indeed it was an Great Era of TV Heroes!

Sailor Moon, was a Rank Above Them!

Sailor Moon was a Epic Story and a Episode by Episode Adventure that was nothing like I had seen before or really nothing that has come since. It was like Power Rangers in allot of the Good Ways, no Giant Robots sadly, but it had more then that. The Characters, The Scouts, Serena(Usagi Tsukino), Amy(Ami Mizuno), Rei( Rei Hino), Lita(Makoto Kino) & Mina (Minako Aino), where some of the most well likable, unique, one of a kind and evolution to characters I had ever seen on a show. The Balance between Action, Suspense, Drama and Romance I had never seen before and indeed even as I kid I knew this was more powerful and felt more Real then any other show on that time. Sailor Moon Got Much Better with the Japaneses Sub Episodes and Music with it that was Amazing and Made the Show into a PowerHouse of the Anime and Super Hero worlds!

Sailor Moon is an EPIC that Deserves it Place in the Halls of Super Heroes and Hero Teams alongside those of The Avengers, X-Men and Justice League, a Team All their Own!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

To see the Show Now getting a Remastered Version, one that is said to Go with the Manga more is indeed Very Interesting and the Trailer Leaves nothing less then Great Hype, The Studio did it well indeed with this Trailer!

In Less then a Week it has Earned 5.4 Million Views on You Tube, that IMO showing the Shows Strength and Fandom, indeed great to see a Classic Appreciated So Well.

Anime IMO is the Gold Standard Now of Remastering Series; Hellsing Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 & 3.33. I have Confidence that this Remastered Version of Sailor Moon will be indeed Great as well Too, being a Series in and of its own right and not taking away from what has come already.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 01-08-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Image Fix.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Growing Up Their where many Super-Hero and Action Adventures shows threw the late 80's and the 1990's on TV that I Really Enjoyed:

Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, Voltron, Spider-Man Animated 90's Series, X-Men Animated 90's Series, Captain Planet, He-Man, Thundercats, Go-Bots, Power Rangers, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Adam West 1960's, Even WWF was like a Super-Hero show if you know the Era I am talking about indeed. MANY more too I can't think of right now, but indeed it was an Great Era of TV Heroes!

Sailor Moon, was a Rank Above Them!

Sailor Moon was a Epic Story and a Episode by Episode Adventure that was nothing like I had seen before or really nothing that has come since. It was like Power Rangers in allot of the Good Ways, no Giant Robots sadly, but it had more then that. The Characters, The Scouts, Serena(Usagi Tsukino), Amy(Ami Mizuno), Rei( Rei Hino), Lita(Makoto Kino) & Mina (Minako Aino), where some of the most well likable, unique, one of a kind and evolution to characters I had ever seen on a show. The Balance between Action, Suspense, Drama and Romance I had never seen before and indeed even as I kid I knew this was more powerful and felt more Real then any other show on that time. Sailor Moon Got Much Better with the Japaneses Sub Episodes and Music with it that was Amazing and Made the Show into a PowerHouse of the Anime and Super Hero worlds!

Sailor Moon is an EPIC that Deserves it Place in the Halls of Super Heroes and Hero Teams alongside those of The Avengers, X-Men and Justice League, a Team All their Own!

To see the Show Now getting a Remastered Version, one that is said to Go with the Manga more is indeed Very Interesting and the Trailer Leaves nothing less then Great Hype, The Studio did it well indeed with this Trailer!

In Less then a Week it has Earned 5.4 Million Views on You Tube, that IMO showing the Shows Strength and Fandom, indeed great to see a Classic Appreciated So Well.

Anime IMO is the Gold Standard Now of Remastering Series; Hellsing Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 & 3.33. I have Confidence that this Remastered Version of Sailor Moon will be indeed Great as well Too, being a Series in and of its own right and not taking away from what has come already.
    I can't wait too! i liked SM since high school and i thought some of the chicks were hot like Mars who i think is the hottest chick on SM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I can't wait too! i liked SM since high school and i thought some of the chicks were hot like Mars who i think is the hottest chick on SM.
    I was like 12 when this show came out, so indeed it has been their for me for a longtime as well indeed. I have heard about this return since around late 2012, early 2013, was supposed to come out in 2013 but got delayed a year. Indeed that made fans unhappy, but I rather they get things right then rush things out just to get it out, just like any Video Game, fix any problems or bugs and get the quality up.

The show was so good really each Scout was Really Well done, many shows that have a hero team bases to them you end up, depending on The Size of the team, enjoying or liking 1-3 at best, in a 5 team 1 or 2. Sailor Moon was All 5 Scouts where so Well Done, so well executed, so well build in character development and so likable that their was never wasted time on any of them, even today that is a Pretty Impressive Feat to say, VERY Few Shows can pull that off without leaving good characters behind for the more popular ones. Each Sailor needed the other, each one contributed a different view on things and brought unique stories to the table.

Indeed I Hope it shows in the new Crystal Show as well, but right now indeed their is good hopes to it for the time being.

Also, it was one of the only Super-Heroes Shows I can Honestly say I enjoyed the focus on the Heroes more then the Villains, either it is 50/50, the 1 or 2 favorite Heroes are who I cared about or the Villains where what drove the plot, Batman Villains as a good example. But Sailor Moon's Story was Always Driven by the Sailors IMO, that is impressive indeed.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Since it has not really been mentioned in the thread VIZ Media has the rights for the US release of the series. They are currently putting the original anime up on Hulu/Neon Alley with a new sub and remastered video. Later they will have a new dub they will put up as well, but as of the announcement of having the series they had only started recording for that dub. They are focusing on keeping things (i.e. the translations) as faithful to the original as possible and do have everything, as all 200 episodes the three movies and all the specials. But for now they are putting up subbed episodes with a rate of two new episodes a week and having them go up every Monday.

VIZ also has the US rights for Sailor Moon Crystal but that will be a simulcast that will go up on Crunchyroll. The new anime series will air two episodes a month, with the first season covering the Dark Kingdom Saga. There is no word if it will continue past that and do the rest of the series.

VIZ does plan on releasing everything on home video eventually. The older series will come out first of course and they plan on having special collector's editions as well as a standard release.These will begin to be released this summer.

At AX they plan to have more announcements regarding the series, such as the English voice cast announced.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    Since it has not really been mentioned in the thread VIZ Media has the rights for the US release of the series. They are currently putting the original anime up on Hulu/Neon Alley with a new sub and remastered video. Later they will have a new dub they will put up as well, but as of the announcement of having the series they had only started recording for that dub. They are focusing on keeping things (i.e. the translations) as faithful to the original as possible and do have everything, as all 200 episodes the three movies and all the specials. But for now they are putting up subbed episodes with a rate of two new episodes a week and having them go up every Monday.

VIZ also has the US rights for Sailor Moon Crystal but that will be a simulcast that will go up on Crunchyroll. The new anime series will air two episodes a month, with the first season covering the Dark Kingdom Saga. There is no word if it will continue past that and do the rest of the series.

VIZ does plan on releasing everything on home video eventually. The older series will come out first of course and they plan on having special collector's editions as well as a standard release.These will begin to be released this summer.

At AX they plan to have more announcements regarding the series, such as the English voice cast announced.
    Indeed I heard and saw that as well with Hulu and I have to agree that is Really Nice and Pretty Epic when you think about it!

Hulu besides Netflix is the main source of Video Watch of TV Shows on the Net, to bring Sailor Moon to a Big Time Site Like that on her Shows 20th Anniversary and with the New Show Coming out, Really 2014 is Surely Becoming The Year of Sailor Moon!

The Fact they are showing the Older Series to as you said by VIZ on Home Video and I heard BLUE-RAY as well indeed it is getting a major Treatment for the New Decade Nicely.

Crystal will indeed Focus on the Dark Kingdom Arc, if it will go further then that I don't know, we will have to see and wait, but indeed we can be Happy that as least Sailor Moon is getting a brand new update, which is Very Impressive! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    Mars was definitely the hottest.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

There is no best. All the characters are beautiful, powerful, dynamic characters with individual strengths and flaws that give them equal regard in my eyes.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by vantrendin View Post
    which is best one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    There is no best. All the characters are beautiful, powerful, dynamic characters with individual strengths and flaws that give them equal regard in my eyes.
    With that, equal regards in each other as well in the series itself, indeed well said Emerald_616. ;-)

Indeed, Vantrendin, that is not an unexpected question either, in most Superhero teams this is a constant debate and usually goes around 2-3 of the Main heroes. Most famous are Superman and Batman and have been going on for decades. This is the norm in most teams and the comics give weight to these arguments to go on.

BUT, as Emerald_616 said, Sailor Moon and the Scouts are much different. They are such a well rounded and well weighted team, Made and Focused to be a Unite with each needing the others for Support. Sure you have Solo missions and fights. But Sailor Moon has always impressed me with the factor of Greatly no "I" in Team, to win against the main Villain they always needed each other; Sailor Moon the Leader needed the Scouts and the Scouts needed each other, either one alone is not enough. This is given much weight in allot of the Episodes and Final Fights in the Series, watch them and you can see how well the creators play this out.

Also, going more into Emerald_616 points, each Scout is Incredibly Likable to an Impressive level. Sure we and I have our Favorites, BUT that, at least for me was hard to choice in the end and Still I subscribe to the Ideal that ALL of these Characters are Amazing and really likable and skilled and powerful. Favorites don't equal best either too. If any one of these girls was on another Superhero team, they shine the most and become the Favorite easy.

So really the best way I could say to look at the Scouts Vantrendin is not who is the Best out of all of them, but how the story plays to the strength in how each one needs the others and supports the others to be the Best-They-Each-Can-Be!

Last edited by CJStriker; 09-24-2014 at 06:41 AM.