Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

I am quite happy with this episode, there are some minor issues here and there with it (like how did Sailor Moon make it to the top of that building so quickly?) but overall it was a good solid episode. We got a good deal of movement with the plot and we finally had some more original content added in, as there was no battle with Zoicite, let alone Queen Beryl, in the manga.

Love that we get to see the secret base in this. I was just thinking that I missed the secret HQ of the team from the live action adaption, as seeing the girls hang out there was always fun.

I do like that both Usagi and Mamoru were able to give each other strength and encouragement when they had their talk together. It was a nice small change as in the manga it was really just Usagi receiving encouragement so I like that it makes the relationship between them feel a bit more like equals. Though the fact that Usagi was worried about Tuxedo Mask learning she was SM felt rather silly, even though it was in the manga but with the changes made it did not make much sense.

Either way I was so happy to get the small glimpses of Sailor V. Venus is my fav and I've been waiting so patiently for her to make her appearance.

I have the feeling one of the reasons why SMC had been keeping with the brisk pace of the manga so far is so they could get all five Sailor Guardians together as quickly as possible. So I would not be surprised if we get more deviations from the manga once we have Venus with the group.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    I am quite happy with this episode, there are some minor issues here and there with it (like how did Sailor Moon make it to the top of that building so quickly?) but overall it was a good solid episode. We got a good deal of movement with the plot and we finally had some more original content added in, as there was no battle with Zoicite, let alone Queen Beryl, in the manga.
    Well Said, indeed this Episode really felt like we got the Ball More Rolling into the main meat of the plot. I like the expistion and details, they are not long winded and get right to the point. Combine that with the Action of the 3 Senshi and the Fight with boht Zoicite and I was indeed surprised to see Beryl as well, did not think she would have made her intro this soon yet, but it was all for the better here IMO. Her intro gave much more weight to the plot and really pushed things forward. Also, Love the Fight with the Senshi, they looked Bad-A$$ Both Flying(That is a New thing, but Works!) and just laying down the power in ways that impress heroes form both Marvel and/or DC Comics!

Love that we get to see the secret base in this. I was just thinking that I missed the secret HQ of the team from the live action adaption, as seeing the girls hang out there was always fun.
    Like I said in My Previous Post, this was such a Nice Add on to the Sailor Team, I really wish now they had this back in Original Series, Every Hero Groups needs a Flashy and Cool Base!

I do like that both Usagi and Mamoru were able to give each other strength and encouragement when they had their talk together. It was a nice small change as in the manga it was really just Usagi receiving encouragement so I like that it makes the relationship between them feel a bit more like equals. Though the fact that Usagi was worried about Tuxedo Mask learning she was SM felt rather silly, even though it was in the manga but with the changes made it did not make much sense.
    Sailor Moon and Tuxedo's Mask back and Forth was impressive, have to say this gave Very Much more Weight to their relationship then even Episode #4 did. I did not expect much for Tuxedo Mask, but glad I was wrong, they did a good job both here and adding more to Episode #7, now I am interested in hearing more of his back-story, how it compares to the original anime. They made both him and Usagi play very well off each other.

Either way I was so happy to get the small glimpses of Sailor V. Venus is my fav and I've been waiting so patiently for her to make her appearance.
    The Venus Tease was the Best and I will be Happy to Finally see her Join the team, I am hoping sooner then we expect. Her experience and character will greatly be a treat to see how Crystal uses Minako indeed!

I have the feeling one of the reasons why SMC had been keeping with the brisk pace of the manga so far is so they could get all five Sailor Guardians together as quickly as possible. So I would not be surprised if we get more deviations from the manga once we have Venus with the group.
    You know, that is a Great Observation Thennary Nak, I did not think of that. On thing I always like about the Sailor Team is that it was always well played they needed each other and the show rarely become Mono-Concentric with the Main Hero, it was always made they were strongest when all 5 worked together and combined.

So indeed, if this Series is meaning more and more to make itself it's own thing, more away from the Manga, still best adaptation, but more unique, then when all the Original 5 Senshi are finally Together, we will really get some interesting movement indeed.

Indeed now I am more Excited to see all 5 then every before indeed!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

Brand New Sailor Moon Game for Any Android Device!

Video Provided By You Tube Reviewer AuroraPeachy, I Highly Suggest watching her Sailor Moon Reviews, they are of a True Sailor Moon Fan!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...lhi24mlQVouTmg

Sailor Dash

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

It's finally happening! She's been teased at least once in every episode and we finally heard her voice this episode; Venus is coming!
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

There is no best. All the characters are beautiful, powerful, dynamic characters with individual strengths and flaws that give them equal regard in my eyes.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by vantrendin View Post
    which is best one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    There is no best. All the characters are beautiful, powerful, dynamic characters with individual strengths and flaws that give them equal regard in my eyes.
    With that, equal regards in each other as well in the series itself, indeed well said Emerald_616. ;-)

Indeed, Vantrendin, that is not an unexpected question either, in most Superhero teams this is a constant debate and usually goes around 2-3 of the Main heroes. Most famous are Superman and Batman and have been going on for decades. This is the norm in most teams and the comics give weight to these arguments to go on.

BUT, as Emerald_616 said, Sailor Moon and the Scouts are much different. They are such a well rounded and well weighted team, Made and Focused to be a Unite with each needing the others for Support. Sure you have Solo missions and fights. But Sailor Moon has always impressed me with the factor of Greatly no "I" in Team, to win against the main Villain they always needed each other; Sailor Moon the Leader needed the Scouts and the Scouts needed each other, either one alone is not enough. This is given much weight in allot of the Episodes and Final Fights in the Series, watch them and you can see how well the creators play this out.

Also, going more into Emerald_616 points, each Scout is Incredibly Likable to an Impressive level. Sure we and I have our Favorites, BUT that, at least for me was hard to choice in the end and Still I subscribe to the Ideal that ALL of these Characters are Amazing and really likable and skilled and powerful. Favorites don't equal best either too. If any one of these girls was on another Superhero team, they shine the most and become the Favorite easy.

So really the best way I could say to look at the Scouts Vantrendin is not who is the Best out of all of them, but how the story plays to the strength in how each one needs the others and supports the others to be the Best-They-Each-Can-Be!

Last edited by CJStriker; 09-24-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Sailor Moon just popped into my head just now. I have nothing to actually discuss (since it's an off-week ), but I have so few places to (metaphorically) shout my love for Sailor Moon that I just felt the urge to come here and post.

I have been trying to come up with fanfiction ideas for an AU of the Mugen story arc, where the girls (except clumsy Usagi) are recruited to Mugen Academy and the Witches 5 would feature more prominently as well, but it's still in the early stages in my mind.

Lightbulb

Sailor Moon just popped into my head just now. I have nothing to actually discuss (since it's an off-week ), but I have so few places to (metaphorically) shout my love for Sailor Moon that I just felt the urge to come here and post.
    Yea indeed, it is an off week for sure, but that is never a reason not to post either. With any topic, their is always something to discuss, something to ask question about or just talk about, I view this thread now more as Sailor Moon's Discussion Thread.

Like any other Discussion or Appreciation Thread, what matters is when you feel you want to talk about anything that is related to the Thread, you should share it with everyone else. With the Broadcasting of Crystal and now the re-dubbing and release of the Original Anime happening, it has started a flood of Fandom New and Old for Sailor Moon, so their is much to talk about and Indeed Shouting out you Love for the Show is as good of a Reason as any Emerald_616!

Really, why do we talk about most things on threads, cause we have a liking and love for our Fandoms, otherwise none of use would be here. ;-)

I have been trying to come up with fanfiction ideas for an AU of the Mugen story arc, where the girls (except clumsy Usagi) are recruited to Mugen Academy and the Witches 5 would feature more prominently as well, but it's still in the early stages in my mind.
    That is an interesting idea for a story, Let me look into that, I will get back to you on some ideas that might help you out.

Lightbulb

Sailor Moon~Hotaru´s Violin and Sailor Saturn´s Theme

I really hope SMC will continue on to cover all of the manga. As much as I love the remakes so far I have been disappointed that they all seem to only cover the first story line of the manga and end there.

I really want to see the outer senshi updated for a change instead of just the inner senshi.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Besides Sailor Jupiter Being my Favorite Sailor Guardian, the Next one right behind is the one and only Sailor Moon herself!

IMO, she was, like the rest of the Scouts, one of the most realistic heroes I had seen up to that time in any superhero medium. Even today Usagi Tsukino still stands out as an Major Hero and One of the ultimate Healers and Exorcist heroes around. Either defeating Demons or Droids or Heals Humans or Former Villains, her powers where on both sides of the Spectrum and that was just plan cool!

Also her crying attitude was funny all the time and her loyalty to her friends still inspires today, many heroes should take note of this indeed! ;-)

Mizuno Ami-chan was my inner love for loving and studying Mathematics like I do in real life.
    But so was Jupiter because of her strength and love of nature and cooking.
    And so was Mars for her fierce attitude.
    And Pluto's mysteriousness and intelligence
    And Haruka's genderbending and dominance
    And Neptune's collected awkwardness
    And Minako's energy and love of life

I just love them all SOOOOOOO much!!!!

Lightbulb

I really hope SMC will continue on to cover all of the manga. As much as I love the remakes so far I have been disappointed that they all seem to only cover the first story line of the manga and end there.

I really want to see the outer senshi updated for a change instead of just the inner senshi.
    I am beginning to think that maybe the 26 Episodes licences so far to be made will mainly be the Dark Kingdom Arc. After that we will get into the Nemesis Arc after that. After the success of the 1st episode it was said it would be Likely that they will make more then 26 episodes, so I doubt that they will stop at the Dark Kingdom arc!

So I would put my bet Thennary Nak on that we will get more, Crystal by all accounts has been an Impressive success, more then thought, so it is Likely we will get the rest IMO!

This is from a few months ago, but it's a great article. (I hope it's not earlier in the thread since I only started posting in here about a month ago.)

http://comicsalliance.com/sailor-moo...n-role-models/