Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

Since we got the ok for this topic to be an in-general Sailor Moon rather than just the TV show, I wanted to show off my recent acquisition:

There was a delay and Mako took forever and a half to get here from Japan but now I have the full team and the Moon Stick. <3 Does anyone else have Sailor goodies and collectibles to show off?
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Lovely!!! I do not have any such collectibles but perhaps I'll use Christmas funds to acquire some.

OH MY GODDESS!!!! Today's episode!!!! So many feelings, so many moments! The nicknames! The cliffhanger!!! I'm going to burst waiting the next two weeks

I am just so happy that Venus has finally made it to the scene. I can't wait to see more of her with the next episode.

I thought the extended scene with Umino under the Dark Kingdom's influence was really funny. And it looks like Zoicite is on a greater power level than the first two kings if this battle is anything to go by.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

The latest episode was pretty groovy. Liking Sailor Venus already.

And Blu berri I'm kind of jealous as hell. I would love to sink some money on SH Figuarts. The Salor Moon ones are amazing.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode #7 Review!

HOLY DANG GUM Episode #7!!!

I Swear, each Episode just keeps getting better and better with Crystal. When I keep thinking they will not Top the last ones, they do.

Much was given to the story today, this episode had more variety than any other up to this point and it worked Very Well. Much of the time when a comic, episode or movie tries to add this much in it does not work, but her it does the Right Way Indeed:

*The loss of Mamoru’s family, told in this way really made the audience connect with his tragic life by how happy he was as a kid, then losing his parents and losing his memory.

*The back and forth dialogue between Usagi and Mamoru was done in such a light and romantic way that showed why these 2 are some great together.

*I never thought that just the names Mamo-Chan and Usakao would be so Nostalgic for me, that just brought be back to the best of the original anime, especially Stars!

*Luna speaking with Sailor V was a Treat, wonder how long they have now been in contact with one another.

*Really like the part where Queen Beryl want to double cross Queen Metalia, Very Nice struggle for power sub-plot to the story indeed.

*Umino Creeping Around Moment was Priceless and Scary!

*Usagi pigging out on Mako-Chan’s Lunch and her Face while doing it literally made me ROFL so Hard, Love that scene!

*Usagi and the locket, Very Sweet moment and showed her conflict feelings in liking Mamoru and being honest with her friends.

*Zoisite Flying Impact Kick ----- Dragon Ball Z Moment Epic!

*Tuxedo Mask Hard Right to Zoisite ----- Rocky Moment Epic!

*Tuxedo Mask’s Speech to Sailor Moon ----- Enough Said Epic!

*Minako/Sailor V’s Entrance ----- Save the Day with Style Epic!!!

This episode had more put into it then I could have believed from the preview 2 weeks ago and they played that so well I am right now floored! Crystal is playing itself so well, it is truly something great to watch a show getting this much respect given to it’s story!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 10-04-2014 at 07:07 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    Since we got the ok for this topic to be an in-general Sailor Moon rather than just the TV show, I wanted to show off my recent acquisition:

There was a delay and Mako took forever and a half to get here from Japan but now I have the full team and the Moon Stick. <3 Does anyone else have Sailor goodies and collectibles to show off?
    wow that is cool

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    HOLY DANG GUM Episode #7!!!

I Swear, each Episode just keeps getting better and better with Crystal. When I keep thinking they will not Top the last ones, they do.

Much was given to the story today, this episode had more variety than any other up to this point and it worked Very Well. Much of the time when a comic, episode or movie tries to add this much in it does not work, but her it does the Right Way Indeed:

*The loss of Mamoru’s family, told in this way really made the audience connect with his tragic life by how happy he was as a kid, then losing his parents and losing his memory.

*The back and forth dialogue between Usagi and Mamoru was done in such a light and romantic way that showed why these 2 are some great together.

*I never thought that just the names Mamo-Chan and Usakao would be so Nostalgic for me, that just brought be back to the best of the original anime, especially Stars!

*Luna speaking with Sailor V was a Treat, wonder how long they have now been in contact with one another.

*Really like the part where Queen Beryl want to double cross Queen Metalia, Very Nice struggle for power sub-plot to the story indeed.

*Umino Creeping Around Moment was Priceless and Scary!

*Usagi pigging out on Mako-Chan’s Lunch and her Face while doing it literally made me ROFL so Hard, Love that scene!

*Usagi and the locket, Very Sweet moment and showed her conflict feelings in liking Mamoru and being honest with her friends.

*Zoisite Flying Impact Kick ----- Dragon Ball Z Moment Epic!

*Tuxedo Mask Hard Right to Zoisite ----- Rocky Moment Epic!

*Tuxedo Mask’s Speech to Sailor Moon ----- Enough Said Epic!

*Minako/Sailor V’s Entrance ----- Save the Day with Style Epic!!!

This episode had more put into it then I could have believed from the preview 2 weeks ago and they played that so well I am right now floored! Crystal is playing itself so well, it is truly something great to watch a show getting this much respect given to it’s story!
    It really speaks to Takeuchi's ability with balancing story pacing and characterization that the makers of Crystal have less work to do in creating balance.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    It really speaks to Takeuchi's ability with balancing story pacing and characterization that the makers of Crystal have less work to do in creating balance.
    Indeed well said Emerald_616.

It has been to long since I read the Manga and most of that was not the start, but indeed what I remember it was impressive to say the least. This is why it is and has the the blueprint for every Sailor Moon adaptation. The Creators of Crystal just have to follow it and just add in things like the Animation Quality, Music, Voices and some creative changes to it like keeping the General's alive and tech in the show updated, like having an IPad in Episode #7.

This means they spend less time worrying about story and more time on making what was right from the Manga and translating it to a Visual and Sound media. So with the blueprint their and the Crystal cast and creators adding on only what is needed, it is not to surprising how well Crystal is turning out.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Avatar update for me with Veeee-chan!!!!

SAILOR-V KICK

Great Avatar!

Avatar update for me with Veeee-chan!!!!

SAILOR-V KICK
    That Avatar is EPIC Emerald_616!!!

Congratz on a such a Creative idea, it fights you well my friend and I know anyone that knows Sailor Moon will get a Kick out of it too!

I have been enjoying the moments when the Sailor V Game has been speaking to Usagi, just keeps me Laughing to no end, LOL.

Serious, those moments are Golden and even character developing, they have helped Usagi move forward as Sailor Moon.

BTW, Speaking of Sailor V, You might indeed get a Liking out of this;

A Fanmade video of ending credits to what a CodeName Sailor V Might Look like, it is Pretty Good, Enjoy:

I wonder which printing of the manga Crystal is following.

My theory is the 2003 Shinzoban re-release is the most likely candidate, as the Nemesis/Black Moon arc ends with Act 26. I don't know how the chapters are being broken up in the very new re-re-release.

Lightbulb

I wonder which printing of the manga Crystal is following.

My theory is the 2003 Shinzoban re-release is the most likely candidate, as the Nemesis/Black Moon arc ends with Act 26. I don't know how the chapters are being broken up in the very new re-re-release.
    I would have to myself get the new Manga's Emerald_616 and then see and compare them to the Crystal Episodes as well to see how they are breaking up as well. I don't mind this in a sense cause I don't mind spoiling things, but I also still think each episode is going Act-by-Act.

I keep thinking too the if we have 26 episode and each episode is indeed 1 act, then we will be at the Black Moon arc by episode 26.

However, with the changes Crystal has already made with keeping the Kings alive, I can't help but wonder if once all 5 Senshi are together that it might start to do its own thing like was speculated on the thread here sometime ago?!

Indeed, right now we may be entering into the most interesting time-period of Crystal yet and up to now it has already be on Impressive ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post

1st off Thanks for Sharing some of your Sailor Moon Collection with use Blu Berri!

Indeed, I remember seeing some of these Figures at a local convention, they indeed seem to be very popular and I am Happy for that, Sailor Moon is a force in the Hero world. I hope you share more of you collection as well, I always enjoy seeing other fans collections and seeing how much they enjoy their pop-culture and heroes.

The wand is nice as well.

Also, I have been looking for new from New York Comic Con 2014 and it seems we had more Sailor Moon Figures their as well!

Here is the video, Enjoy, They start to come-up at 1:17 -

BANNED

I have some questions regarding Sailor Moon that i always wanted to discuss with other fellow Moonies.
    I do not wish to see replies such ''she didn't thought of it at the time''. I really would like to see some theories and make a reproductive discussion about our favourite heroine.
    Please note that i haven't red the manga with detail, my questions are associated with the original anime version.

1) Why Sailor Moon was depicted as a useless crybaby for almost the entire run of the show? In the manga she starts that way but she seems to be evolving her character as well as her fighting skills. Wasn't Naoko frustated by this?
    2) Why Earth doesn't have a Sailor Senshi? Earth is probably the only planetery body in the Sailor Moon-Verse that doesn't have a Sailor Senshi.
    3) Where were the Outer Senshi during the Silver Millenium catastrophe? I know that they were supposed to protect the Solar System from threats originated from outside the Solar System but would be better if they could join the fight? I would love to see Sailor Uranus kicking Beryl's four generals in the nuts and Sailor Saturn could wipe Metallia out with a mere gesture.
    4) In the anime, why the Inner and Outer Senshi didn't had as many upgrades as Sailor Moon had? Usagi had Prism,Crystal, Cosmic, Super form and Eternal form. The Inners had Normal, Star (which was useless) and crystal/Super. The Outers only had Planet and Super forms. The Manga fixes that but in the anime, the Inners and Outers were mostly negleted.
    5) If Earth's Golden Crystal was as powerful as the Silver Crystal, why Beryl didn't tried to steal that? Don't tell me that she couldn't possibly knew about it's existence. Nehelenia knew about it.
    6) Why Sailor Saturn had so little screen time in the anime? In the Manga she was a much prominent figure. In the anime, they didn't bother to give her a transformation scene.
    7) How do you think that Usagi's family would react if they ever find out that Usagi, who thought her as a failure, would not only be Sailor Moon but Earth's future queen?
    8) Don't you think that Sailor Moon would make an awesome cinematic franchise? If Twilight had it's chance, why not Sailor Moon?