Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

BANNED

On You Tube, i found two interesting projects regarding continuing the original Sailor Moon anime.
    The first wave of video comes from a very talented user named celeurmouy that managed to produce his own animations for all new transformations for Eternal Sailor Moon and making the Inners Eternal.
    Eternal Sailor Moon becomes Eternal Super Sailor Moon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pwEh...6F10F4E2042477
    The transformation of Sailor Star Saturn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJS4...6D4B14765A6402
    The Inners
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcHqwwq6y8Y

BANNED

The second wave of videos are introducing the Supreme Sailor Senshi. The videos are produced by stefanolattanzio.
    Supreme Sailor Moon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPwnOV7sgM
    Galaxia becomes Supreme Sailor Sun
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHENNgzHZ4
    The long awaited introduction of Sailor Earth
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aq3Y1VrTW0
    Sailor Earth becomes Supreme Sailor Earth
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDek776k1Co

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    On You Tube, i found two interesting projects regarding continuing the original Sailor Moon anime.
    The first wave of video comes from a very talented user named celeurmouy that managed to produce his own animations for all new transformations for Eternal Sailor Moon and making the Inners Eternal.
    Talented is indeed the word here and I am always impressed by the creativity of most fanbases with how they would like to see or would like how a story to be restarted would look and continue. But it it not a suprise either; Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel, DC, Video Games, all stories have dedicated fanbases that know the stories from A to Z and back so the level of Creativity of theses videos show and what technology is available today give Fans now the Freedom to show what their Head Canon would look like if put to pen, ink, audio, music and paper!

Indeed Minerboh these are interesting and excellent finds is showing how Well dedicated and creative the Moonie Fanbase is!

Eternal Sailor Moon becomes Eternal Super Sailor Moon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pwEh...6F10F4E2042477
    Like I said before, the Level of Tech and Creatives fans have now a days continues to impress me Allot!

When I hear Eternal Star Form I think of Usagi attaining the level of Galaxia at that point. So minor chances to the look, but enough to so Evolution, but the Transformation is without much doubt impressive and harkens back to the S Arc Transformation IMO.

The transformation of Sailor Star Saturn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJS4...6D4B14765A6402
    Like in you question from your other post Minerboth, this reminds me of that. Why the Original Anime never gave Saturn a proper transformation still makes little sense and seeing that regular fans can do it so well and easy, IMO it just shows the 90's creators that they dropped the ball their sadly.

This is just Awesome!

The Manga gave use the Inner Eternal Forms and seeing them come to Anime life in this form and so well done is way impressive!

Seen these before, but not in this form that seems straight out of an episode, goes to show you that the fans know how to do justice to what they are fans of.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I don't think there is that much room for such a continuation from the 90s series without it rehashing the same things that series already did. They'd gone through somany wacky permutations of 'pure heart' to steal, made Usagi practically into a god, and made the other senshi even more useless than they were to begin with. PGSM actually did have a '4 years later' hour long special and an hour long prequel episode. If they do a continuation it will be of the newest series. That's the way these things generally work.
    Indeed I agree it would be tricky in the end to pull a flow-up to the 90's series, you have to have a good staff and writers to gain the perfect context for it to happen. I don't mind the monster of the day, so long as the greater main story and development of both the Senshi girls and the foes works and the greater Sailor Moon Universe shows evolution to it, IMO written well, it can work, but that just my 2 cents and view, everyone has their own.

As for how the show progressed, I never got the sense of Godhood from Usagi ever, she just had the power to do what was needed at the moment and really all of those times it was only possible when she had her friends or combined her belief in them. Heck, never really got an Ego from Usagi either over that she was the best either, she always made clear she was strong only when she was together with her friends and love Mamoru. Also, unlike other series where sadly indeed we can see the non-main heroes getting outpaced by the Main Character (aka Goku and Dragon Ball Z, that got Nuts, I really Liked that series but Goku's power just left everyone else in the dust and always came down to him most the time.), Sailor Moon did or at least did the best it could to make the show be the fact that no Senshi is useless and it makes nice fact of that since each Senshi is saving the other(s) allot of the time. Even thought Sailor Moon has the power to down a monster, she never seemed to evolve to a point where she was solo from the others, IMO that was one of the Gems of the Series outside of most Anime and for that matter Shōnen Animes.

Yea it was not perfect, but seemed IMO to do the best or the best it could to strive at this. So in my view no Senshi become useless or Sailor Moon never become a solo act, but again that is just my 2 cents and View.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

I don't think there is that much room for such a continuation from the 90s series without it rehashing the same things that series already did. They'd gone through somany wacky permutations of 'pure heart' to steal, made Usagi practically into a god, and made the other senshi even more useless than they were to begin with. PGSM actually did have a '4 years later' hour long special and an hour long prequel episode. If they do a continuation it will be of the newest series. That's the way these things generally work.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed I agree it would be tricky in the end to pull a flow-up to the 90's series, you have to have a good staff and writers to gain the perfect context for it to happen. I don't mind the monster of the day, so long as the greater main story and development of both the Senshi girls and the foes works and the greater Sailor Moon Universe shows evolution to it, IMO written well, it can work, but that just my 2 cents and view, everyone has their own.

As for how the show progressed, I never got the sense of Godhood from Usagi ever, she just had the power to do what was needed at the moment and really all of those times it was only possible when she had her friends or combined her belief in them. Heck, never really got an Ego from Usagi either over that she was the best either, she always made clear she was strong only when she was together with her friends and love Mamoru. Also, unlike other series where sadly indeed we can see the non-main heroes getting outpaced by the Main Character (aka Goku and Dragon Ball Z, that got Nuts, I really Liked that series but Goku's power just left everyone else in the dust and always came down to him most the time.), Sailor Moon did or at least did the best it could to make the show be the fact that no Senshi is useless and it makes nice fact of that since each Senshi is saving the other(s) allot of the time. Even thought Sailor Moon has the power to down a monster, she never seemed to evolve to a point where she was solo from the others, IMO that was one of the Gems of the Series outside of most Anime and for that matter Shōnen Animes.

Yea it was not perfect, but seemed IMO to do the best or the best it could to strive at this. So in my view no Senshi become useless or Sailor Moon never become a solo act, but again that is just my 2 cents and View.
    Actually, I would LOVE to see the Senshi coming together to combat whatever threat leads to the creation of Crystal Tokyo. I would prefer it continues from the manga or Crystal (if Crystal ends up going through all five arcs) because I felt the senshi were much more evenly powered and useful whereas Sailor Moon basically took care of everything in the original 90s anime.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Actually, I would LOVE to see the Senshi coming together to combat whatever threat leads to the creation of Crystal Tokyo. I would prefer it continues from the manga or Crystal (if Crystal ends up going through all five arcs) because I felt the senshi were much more evenly powered and useful whereas Sailor Moon basically took care of everything in the original 90s anime.
    Not giving away to much of the Manga's ending, but if Crystal is indeed following the way the Manga went at the end, the 52 act structure and has the similar conclusion the manga did, then the story would end up much different for it to continue on from the point of the end of the Manga story that Crystal seems to be following step-by-step and getting to Crystal Tokyo.

Still can continue from the Manga story Emerald_616, but it will look different greatly from the Anime story.

I still feel the Anime versions where much more well balanced then most give respect to, yea Sailor Moon does end allot of fights, but so at times did the Senshi together and alone too. But any follow-up to the 90's Anime can change this, taking the best of the Manga and New ideas and Making each much more even for those that feel the Senshi where not Evenly powered.

Any follow-up can take a different style and route, nothing has to be the way it was done before, just take what worked and add to it, then add new formulas that may work well too, this can work either with a follow-up to the Manga/Crystal or the 1990's Anime IMO.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

The second wave of videos are introducing the Supreme Sailor Senshi. The videos are produced by stefanolattanzio.
    Supreme Sailor Moon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPwnOV7sgM
    Galaxia becomes Supreme Sailor Sun
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHENNgzHZ4
    I have heard and seen the Supreme Senshi idea float around for sometime now. Put of all the ideas for the next evolution of the Senshi after Eternal Form, This Fanmade idea of Supreme IMO is the best I have encountered!

I think the uniforms, mainly the Inners, are creatively different and give off a sense focused power. They give a feel to of how Galaxia looked and was. Maybe being the Supreme form was Galaxia's power form. Indeed Fans come-up with creative ideas for the brands they like, these are impressive:

Last edited by CJStriker; 10-28-2014 at 09:52 AM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Another possibility would be to have a series about the last days of the Silver Millennium, when the senshi were at the height of their power and the four generals were still good guys.

Lightbulb

Another possibility would be to have a series about the last days of the Silver Millennium, when the senshi were at the height of their power and the four generals were still good guys.
    Never Considered that as a Prequel idea for a series, that is a Nice Idea Sunofdarkchild!

Really, Allot of the Silver Millennium is wrapped in mystery and even with some basic history it is shortly given, so having a series that showed how;

The Silver Millennium came to be, how the people lived, the Senshi and how they lived on their home planets, the Outer's Defenses of the Solar System, the birth of the Senshi Guardians during this era and how they came to be, the rise of Earth, the Generals, the lost Kingdoms of Earth, the Royal Family of the Moon, the citizens of the moon, Beryl before Metalia, Metalia herself and her more in-depth history.

Really, Allot of History Here that can really en-rich the already rich Sailor Moon Mythos!

Lightbulb

Some Original Sailor Moon Anime Review News!

A Big Time Anime Reviewer and Critic That Anime Snob Just Ranked the Final Season of Sailor Moon, Stars, as one of the Best Anime Series of 1997!

BANNED

SStars was great. I liked that season because it gave Usagi some well deserved credit and finally ditched Sailor Brat Moon away (in Greece, Chibi-Usa is extremely hated), but...when i got a glimpse of the storyline's manga version i was blown away. I actually said ''why the h**l they didn't do that in the anime''.
    I hope that if they decide to give the SStars the Crystal treatment, they will do it to the letter.

Lightbulb

Sailor Moon Crystal - Episode #9 - Princess - Serenity.....My Reaction...............!!!

Really, No Words to Put to it, words will not do it justice, you have to see it to get it cause it is That Good and THAT Emotional!

Really, get a Tissue Box Ready for this one, if you get emotional, this episode makes the other ones look TAME........And that is saying something with what episodes we have had already!

An Excellent and Emotional Episode!

BANNED

I also liked that episode.
    Very intense and the show begins to swift into more dark, emotional territories.
    That dream Mamoru had with the monstrous face of Beryl was chilling.

Lightbulb

I also liked that episode.
    Very intense and the show begins to swift into more dark, emotional territories.
    That dream Mamoru had with the monstrous face of Beryl was chilling.
    This Episode brought me back to when I truly 1st got into Sailor Moon, cause it was when Princess Serenity was 1st introduced that I 1st started watching Sailor Moon seriously as a kid! Even then I knew it was something beyond what I was used to with other shows, and watching this episode brought back all that drama I grew-up with with those episodes. For all the problems the Dic Dub had, the voice actors gave-off a great sense of drama and pain, both with the lost of Mamoru, but also the turmoil that was very much present in the Sailor Team at the time, especially between Rei and Usagi!

But also, I was so Very Glad they included in today's episode Usagi being sad and conflicted about being the Princess and how she did not want it! Usagi just wanted to live a regular life with her friends and fall in love, that was one of the best unique things about Usagi, how she showed confliction with being a hero and a princess and powerful and had trouble dealing with it that felt real and not just a force plot point. The emotion of losing Mamoru and then the fight with his Brain-Washed self later gave for great Drama and character evolution, indeed today was a Nostalgia Bomb for me Indeed!

ENDYMION!!!! I hate that name soooo much. LMAO

Kunzite remembers...

I always find it chilling when someone is abducted on any show I watch, and this is no exception. Definitely added to the intensity of the episode. Great character episode for the princess.

Anyway, I hope to see Pluto. She's my favorite.