Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomServofan View Post
    I can't wait too! i liked SM since high school and i thought some of the chicks were hot like Mars who i think is the hottest chick on SM.
    I was like 12 when this show came out, so indeed it has been their for me for a longtime as well indeed. I have heard about this return since around late 2012, early 2013, was supposed to come out in 2013 but got delayed a year. Indeed that made fans unhappy, but I rather they get things right then rush things out just to get it out, just like any Video Game, fix any problems or bugs and get the quality up.

The show was so good really each Scout was Really Well done, many shows that have a hero team bases to them you end up, depending on The Size of the team, enjoying or liking 1-3 at best, in a 5 team 1 or 2. Sailor Moon was All 5 Scouts where so Well Done, so well executed, so well build in character development and so likable that their was never wasted time on any of them, even today that is a Pretty Impressive Feat to say, VERY Few Shows can pull that off without leaving good characters behind for the more popular ones. Each Sailor needed the other, each one contributed a different view on things and brought unique stories to the table.

Indeed I Hope it shows in the new Crystal Show as well, but right now indeed their is good hopes to it for the time being.

Also, it was one of the only Super-Heroes Shows I can Honestly say I enjoyed the focus on the Heroes more then the Villains, either it is 50/50, the 1 or 2 favorite Heroes are who I cared about or the Villains where what drove the plot, Batman Villains as a good example. But Sailor Moon's Story was Always Driven by the Sailors IMO, that is impressive indeed.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Since it has not really been mentioned in the thread VIZ Media has the rights for the US release of the series. They are currently putting the original anime up on Hulu/Neon Alley with a new sub and remastered video. Later they will have a new dub they will put up as well, but as of the announcement of having the series they had only started recording for that dub. They are focusing on keeping things (i.e. the translations) as faithful to the original as possible and do have everything, as all 200 episodes the three movies and all the specials. But for now they are putting up subbed episodes with a rate of two new episodes a week and having them go up every Monday.

VIZ also has the US rights for Sailor Moon Crystal but that will be a simulcast that will go up on Crunchyroll. The new anime series will air two episodes a month, with the first season covering the Dark Kingdom Saga. There is no word if it will continue past that and do the rest of the series.

VIZ does plan on releasing everything on home video eventually. The older series will come out first of course and they plan on having special collector's editions as well as a standard release.These will begin to be released this summer.

At AX they plan to have more announcements regarding the series, such as the English voice cast announced.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    Since it has not really been mentioned in the thread VIZ Media has the rights for the US release of the series. They are currently putting the original anime up on Hulu/Neon Alley with a new sub and remastered video. Later they will have a new dub they will put up as well, but as of the announcement of having the series they had only started recording for that dub. They are focusing on keeping things (i.e. the translations) as faithful to the original as possible and do have everything, as all 200 episodes the three movies and all the specials. But for now they are putting up subbed episodes with a rate of two new episodes a week and having them go up every Monday.

VIZ also has the US rights for Sailor Moon Crystal but that will be a simulcast that will go up on Crunchyroll. The new anime series will air two episodes a month, with the first season covering the Dark Kingdom Saga. There is no word if it will continue past that and do the rest of the series.

VIZ does plan on releasing everything on home video eventually. The older series will come out first of course and they plan on having special collector's editions as well as a standard release.These will begin to be released this summer.

At AX they plan to have more announcements regarding the series, such as the English voice cast announced.
    Indeed I heard and saw that as well with Hulu and I have to agree that is Really Nice and Pretty Epic when you think about it!

Hulu besides Netflix is the main source of Video Watch of TV Shows on the Net, to bring Sailor Moon to a Big Time Site Like that on her Shows 20th Anniversary and with the New Show Coming out, Really 2014 is Surely Becoming The Year of Sailor Moon!

The Fact they are showing the Older Series to as you said by VIZ on Home Video and I heard BLUE-RAY as well indeed it is getting a major Treatment for the New Decade Nicely.

Crystal will indeed Focus on the Dark Kingdom Arc, if it will go further then that I don't know, we will have to see and wait, but indeed we can be Happy that as least Sailor Moon is getting a brand new update, which is Very Impressive! :-)

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Lightbulb

‘Sailor Moon Crystal’ 2014: Series To Premiere In July, New Pics Show Off The Sailor Guardians' Civilian Outfits.

From FASHION&STYLE.COM:

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/article...-see-photo.htm

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    ‘Sailor Moon Crystal’ 2014: Series To Premiere In July, New Pics Show Off The Sailor Guardians' Civilian Outfits.

From FASHION&STYLE.COM:

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/article...-see-photo.htm

Thanks for sharing the picture. The new character art style is still something to get used to but I think when the characters are not being put in poses it looks fine, like in this image. Of course I think it looks much better in motion, so I cannot wait to see more video from the new series.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Lightbulb

Thanks for sharing the picture. The new character art style is still something to get used to but I think when the characters are not being put in poses it looks fine, like in this image. Of course I think it looks much better in motion, so I cannot wait to see more video from the new series.
    No Problem, got lucky with the recent news article and it was a nice one too.

The Images IMO brings back memories of Sailor Moon Stars, the dinner counters they would seem to sit at most episodes and just talk and how silly it got, lol, indeed when I saw that Image that is what 1st came to my mind. The Art indeed, IMO seems rather good as well, will get a better idea when I see it in motion action as well.

Just like any Comic Book, besides the story, the Artist Style can really make or break a Book IMO, unless the story is REALLY Good to push threw it. Anime is no different, I enjoy good and well done art and so far this art style in Crystal looks like they put Allot of Work into it. Recent Rebooted Animes like Hellsing, Fullmetal Alchemist and Evangelion have had so Amazing Art Styles to them, Top Tier IMO and it looks like Crystal may be no less.

We have to wait and see, but so far it seem very promising indeed.

Astonishing Member

Is this going to be on Toonami like the original?

Sailor Moon the cartoon has got the boom anime babes that make me think the wrong thing

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Is this going to be on Toonami like the original?
    That is a Good Question and One I was Wondering Myself Kid A.

The last year Toonami has come back in a semi-big way on Saturday Nights and Really has become what it use to be, to showcase classic old animes and premiere New Ones. Recently Toonami Even Began Showing Attack on Titan and giving it a Nice Role-Out and Premiere Time Slot and High Treatment. They Premiered it to about 1 year after the Anime Premiered in April 2013, so my guess would be this:

Since Sailor Moon Crystal will be about 2 episodes a month and premiere in July 2014, more then likely Toonami will get the chance at around a Year, sometime in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2015. The WAY Earliest I say is around Christmas 2014 this year, but not sure if that soon since we would barely have a dozen episodes by that point, but who knows.

If Toonami continues to do well, I would believe it would more then likely want to bring one of its 2 Biggest shows that made it a Name when it has New Episodes(The other Show being Dragon Ball Z). So it is likely once we get a good amount of Dubbed shows I would say Kid A, it will happen at some-point.

I see it possible as well further down the road. Though I do wonder if they would just go with Sailor Moon Crystal and not try the original anime series when it gets its news dub. If they air the original then catching up with Crystal would not be an issue.

Also today we have episode 11 and 12 come out on Hulu which gives us some more episodes with the trio of Moon, Mercury and Mars and we near the final episode with Jadeite.
    Last edited by Thennary Nak; 06-16-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Lightbulb

I see it possible as well further down the road. Though I do wonder if they would just go with Sailor Moon Crystal and not try the original anime series when it gets its news dub. If they air the original then catching up with Crystal would not be an issue.
    Now that you Mention it Thennary Nak, I did not think about that, them Reshowing the Newly Dubbed Episodes that are going to be coming out on Hulu and Blu-Ray, that would indeed be interesting if they did. Since it had become on of Toonami's Banner Show, of its Major Powers and what made them who they are to do what they do today, then I can see Toonami Showing the New Dubbed indeed to make way for Crystal!

We will have to wait and see.

Also today we have episode 11 and 12 come out on Hulu which gives us some more episodes with the trio of Moon, Mercury and Mars and we near the final episode with Jadeite.
    LOL, Episode #11, The Theme-Park is Usagi and Rei at their Best in how well their Conflicts work off of one another. IMO it was a major episode that drove what we would see in the coming arcs. The Conflicts of the Team in working together and who should be the True Leader.

Exclamation

IGN Weights in on the New Sailor Moon Crystal Series:

Sailor Moon Crystal - Why We Are Excited For The Reboot!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/25...for-the-reboot

Honestly I am really happy to know that new episodes of SMC will go up at 6AM in my timezone so I do not have to wake up in the middle of the night to see it as early as possible.

Honestly I am really happy to know that new episodes of SMC will go up at 6AM in my timezone so I do not have to wake up in the middle of the night to see it as early as possible.
    I am Glad to hear that Thennary Nak, indeed the timezone difference can make it hectic to watch the New SMC Episodes as soon as they come out. So I am glad to hear you will have a Timezone that allows you to see them at a good time, Congrats my friend!

Still have to figure out my times yet, but I will figure it out. Right now I will not get watch the 1st Episode right away since I will be away that weekend, but good things are worth waiting for IMO.

So... nobody's going to discuss the amazing intro and transformation sequence revealed?