Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Oh, she's definitely Lita to me! ;D It's all about nostalgia for my childhood for me. Serena and the gang were just a fun bunch of friends to watch on TV!
    Could not agree more, this is all a Nostalgic Blast for me as well from my Childhood, just how EPIC and I can't say that Enough, How EPIC Sailor Moon was during my childhood!

Even as a Boy I Appreciated Female Heroes and Fighters early and this show was the 1st to do it on such an Epic Level way. It was one of the 1st really Serial Story Shows for Kids really ever. Most shows before just had basic story with little to follow development of characters, you can see one episode at any point and it all be the same status of the characters really, no really changes. But Sailor Moon was WAY Different, even beyond other Very Good Female Positive and Serial Story Series Like X-Men: The Animated Series 1992 and Batman: The Animated Series, Sailor Moon just brought it to a Whole NEW LEVEL and really was the 1st True Show that was Anime for me that I realized was Anime and from Japan!

The Interactions between the Girls was the best too, not only because of how well developed their characters where or how good the Serial Storytelling was or even how funny they all were. It was because it was really the 1st and maybe still one of the Best Superhero Franchise TV Shows that was created that You DIDN'T GET BORED when the main heroes where NOT in their Superhero personalist all the time! That is right, it was just as cool seeing the Girls do their normal everyday things as it was them being Sailors! This IMO was because they where Always the same personality wise all the time, so you get 100% of who they where at ever moment of the show and not like Bruce Wayne putting on a Innocent Coward act to hide his real personity of Batman. THAT is a major part of what made Sailor Moon so good and the girls so good!

So Yea Indeed, Right with you their cause of what I said just Now, THAT is why these Names are so Drilled into my Head that they will always be there and many times near impossible not to call them the American Names from Time-to-Time, LOL!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    So Yea Indeed, Right with you their cause of what I said just Now, THAT is why these Names are so Drilled into my Head that they will always be there and many times near impossible not to call them the American Names from Time-to-Time, LOL!
    Agreed with everything you said; I can still hear Rei's voice complaining: "Sereeeeeeeeeeena!" Lol. And various other interactions between the gal-pals.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Agreed with everything you said; I can still hear Rei's voice complaining: "Sereeeeeeeeeeena!" Lol. And various other interactions between the gal-pals.
    You know what was the best out that with Rei and Serena was the Fact that really you agreed with Rei for much of the 1st season. Really as much as you liked Serena you knew she was Very Lazy, Dizzy and just complained all the time that even she herself said she was like that and it was hard for her to make a bigger effort. It really lead to a True Debate on WHO should lead the Sailors when we got to the Rainbow Crystals Arc of the Show and it was a good debate IMO! As one Youtuber said, Serena was one of the 1st Main Superhero Main Characters that was NOT the Near Personification of Perfection and we all KNEW it without have to struggle to figure that out. It lead to much questioning on who should really lead and made a good Sailor to Begin with and for a good time Rei really showed that much of the time during the Rainbow Crystals arc, with a Few of her own slight misses as well, LOL!

But this is what made it good, the Arguments were not force but FLOWED SO VERY WELL, the Voice Actors just Knew how to hit the right emotional buttons and it fit with the Animation well, Another Overlooked Part that the DIC Crew IMO did not just right, but Very Well! So when as you said we got Rei saying "Seeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa!! !!!!!" in such a mad moment, you total understood why, supported it and even lead to some of the best laughs on the show!

Last edited by CJStriker; 11-24-2015 at 10:03 PM.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    You know what was the best out that with Rei and Serena was the Fact that really you agreed with Rei for much of the 1st season. Really as much as you liked Serena you knew she was Very Lazy, Dizzy and just complained all the time that even she herself said she was like that and it was hard for her to make a bigger effort. It really lead to a True Debate on WHO should lead the Sailors when we got to the Rainbow Crystals Arc of the Show and it was a good debate IMO! As one Youtuber said, Serena was one of the 1st Main Superhero Main Characters that was NOT the Near Personification of Perfection and we all KNEW it without have to struggle to figure that out. It lead to much questioning on who should really lead and made a good Sailor to Begin with and for a good time Rei really showed that much of the time during the Rainbow Crystals arc, with a Few of her own slight misses as well, LOL!

But this is what made it good, the Arguments were not force but FLOWED SO VERY WELL, the Voice Actors just Knew how to hit the right emotional buttons and it fit with the Animation well, Another Overlooked Part that the DIC Crew IMO did not just right, but Very Well! So when as you said we got Rei saying "Seeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaa!! !!!!!" in such a mad moment, you total understood why, supported it and even lead to some of the best laughs on the show!
    Haha, so true. Gosh, almost everything was perfect about the '90s dub... the one thing I didn't like was them making those two Sailor Scouts "cousins" when they were really lesbians, but it was the '90s, so... ;P
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Lightbulb

Haha, so true. Gosh, almost everything was perfect about the '90s dub... the one thing I didn't like was them making those two Sailor Scouts "cousins" when they were really lesbians, but it was the '90s, so... ;P
    Was what is was, nothing much can be done about the most major changes they did back then they were what they were. I rather look into what positives came out of the 90's and honestly it did allot more right then many give credit for, but before I ever go indepth into those points 1 major point many then do forget is that without the DIC 90's Dub, most of us, counting ME would more then likely have NEVER Been Sailor Moon Fans, maybe Ever!!!

That always amazes me when I think about it, so for THAT Alone while yea many parts deserves the criticism because it happen, without the DIC 90's Dub, I would not be on the level of Sailor Moon Fandom as I am today or be a much into it!

Speaking of which, Channel Awesome's Calluna Premiered her 1 Season Video Reviews, Here is the 1st, Enjoy!

Exclamation

Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3 Coming This Spring FINALLY!!!!!!!!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...evealed/.97352

Fantastic news, thanks for letting us know. A friend of mine is really looking forward to the Infinity Saga/Arc.
    Prεtty Pεnny

I'm worried, the 3rd arc of the manga was my least favorite with the forced distrust between inners and outers, cyborg Hotaru, and further sidelining of the inners (especially with the how much they already were in the manga and even more so in Crystal).

Also, why is it Season 3? Going by the Blu-Ray releases and creative team shifts, I thought this was going Season 2 and the third story arc?

Whatever, I hope this arc ends quickly because the fourth arc (in the manga, SuperS is horri-awful) is my favorite. So excited for the Sailor Quartet.
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I'm worried, the 3rd arc of the manga was my least favorite with the forced distrust between inners and outers, cyborg Hotaru, and further sidelining of the inners (especially with the how much they already were in the manga and even more so in Crystal).

Also, why is it Season 3? Going by the Blu-Ray releases and creative team shifts, I thought this was going Season 2 and the third story arc?

Whatever, I hope this arc ends quickly because the fourth arc (in the manga, SuperS is horri-awful) is my favorite. So excited for the Sailor Quartet.
    I agree that there should be more focus on the Inners rather than the Outers, so I personally was never much of a fan of adding these additional Sailor Scouts. But now that they have yet another chance to do it all again, perhaps it'll be better.

I don't know why it's the third season, I've stopped trying to understand international shows and how they sort their shows/series/etc. XD
    Prεtty Pεnny

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post

I think story wise, while I have not read the Manga parts, that story wise it makes sense to have more focus on the New Characters of the Outers then the Inners since that arc was their debut. But indeed I would hope with the news of a new time we will get some balancing of both the Inners and Outers if that is needed to be changed from the original manga.

Honestly I am MOST Excited for these last 3 arcs, S, SuperS and Stars since by All Knowledge they were the MOST Heavily changed in story structure from the original 90's Anime. It is going to be REALLY EPIC, TRULY EPIC to Finally See this come to the Anime World, SO VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!

Exclamation

SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL NEW UPDATE:

New character designs revealed for Sailor Moon Crystal, including Uranus, Neptune, and Saturn!!!

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/01/2...ne-and-saturn/

Cool

Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3 1st Image Previews
    by AuroraPeachy!!!

BANNED

Αny update regarding the secret project?

Exclamation Season 3 Trailer!!!!!

1st Trailer of Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3/Death Busters Arc is FINALLY HERE!!!!!!