Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation Sailor Moon R - Viz Media - Movie Review!

Their are moments in my Life and within my life their are moments where my Fandom for something shines anew in a way I never thought was could and never knew I needed. But this is one of those moments where those words mean more then I could have ever known.

One of my Goals in life, was to One Day, did not know how, but one day it was to see Sailor Moon on the Silver Screen. Since I was a Kid I was eager each time I went to see a movie, when the trailers came-up I kept hoping beyond hope that a Sailor Moon Movie would be announced, but sadly never did. Later I found the movies on VHS from a Local Anime Store and was able to see them in all their glory. They where Awesome!

But still I wanted to see my Dream realized and that Happened Tonight. I saw Sailor Moon in the Silver Screen, FINALLY, but it was FAR More then that or what I could have dreamed for!

What Viz Media Did to Sailor Moon R The Movie is Nothing Short OF A MASTERPIECE!!!!!

I honestly have Never been Blown Away to Such a Degree of Amazement when seeing a Movie like what I saw Tonight!

Viz Media Gave Sailor Moon R The Movie All the Respect and Polishing it could have ever given this movie and SO MUCH MORE! The Voice Acting was Magnificent, the Drama was Amazing, the Music was Beyond Soul Inspiring, the Sound Effects made it feel like every event had an impact, the look of the Movie was so Crisp and Vibrant it filled the Theater with LIFE!!!

Never have I gone to a Movie and Been SO PLEASE to Witness what I saw Tonight, Viz Media's Sailor Moon R The Movie is Maybe Possibly ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN ON THE SILVER SCREEN, EVER!!!

I am not just being Fan Bias either, if their was something wrong I say it so, but their was Nothing Wrong. It was a MASTERPIECE, a Movie Just Nearly an Hour Long, Nearly 25 Years Since it was Made and it has to be the Best of the Best I have Ever Seen in a Theater, I Can't Stress this Enough, this was an EPIC!

The Movie Literally Made my Fandom for Sailor Moon Grow in New and Epic ways I did not think possible, it had THAT Much of an Impact on me!

If you can at all see Sailor Moon R The Movie on the Silver Screen You HAVE TOO!

It has my Highest Praise and Need to see I can Ever Give a Movie, this is Not just a Movie, it is an Event!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    But still I wanted to see my Dream realized and that Happened Tonight. I saw Sailor Moon in the Silver Screen, FINALLY, but it was FAR More then that or what I could have dreamed for!
    I'm glad you got to see it in theaters! So they improved upon the version that was previously available to Western audiences, eh?
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I'm glad you got to see it in theaters! So they improved upon the version that was previously available to Western audiences, eh?
    By what I remember of Seeing the Original Dub of the R Movie by the original Voice Cast Starleafgirl.........OH YEA, by Miles and Miles WAY BETTER!

Now I still love the original 1990's voice cast, I felt they did the job they had to do and they will always still be in my mind the voices I grew-up with, I owe them WAY MUCH for bringing Grand emotions to these Characters and for Making them as charming as they became for me. Without them I might not have become a Sailor Moon Fan.

But when they started the dubbed movies then I felt their time and style had gone past its prime and it did not fit well and it was Highly Edited.

I was WAY More of a Fan of the Japanese Original I got on VHS from a Local Anime Store in the late 1990's near where I live that was sub. THAT was my 1st Sailor Moon R Movie experience!

NOW, With the NEW Voice-cast, After Seeing Viz Media's Sailor Moon R: The Movie a 2nd Time Today..........YES, I Went to Go see it AGAIN Today , I Felt they did an Amazing Job and Got the characters they each portrayed down the to T, really they are very enjoyable and they are the characters in Sailor Moon.

I rarely see Any Movie 2 times in Theaters, it has to be something REALLY SPECIAL for me to see a Movie more then once or I did not get what I needed in the 1st viewing. In this case I LOVED watching it so much I had to see it Again and Add it to My Rare List of Movies I have seen more then 1 Time! I would TRY to see it a 3rd time but timing just did not work out for that or I would have to see it 2 times in a row and that I am not down for to much seeing 2 movies in a row at a theater.

But Seeing it a 2nd time just got me to even Love it more cause I could focus on the details I missed the 1st run threw and it STILL was as good as the 1st Run!

Honestly I left the Movie Stud with how Good it was, Honestly with all the Movies that come-out now a days it made me realize, while I am an easy going moviegoer and can enjoy more then most people, it made me Realize just what a Gem The Sailor Moon R movie is and how really Vapid and Hollow many Hollywood Movies have gotten, maybe more then ever.

Really, How Sailor Moon R could Not be seen as a Class Act movie above the over Hype Slock, Beside Marvel Movies cause they are Gold right-now, but how Sailor Moon R is not considered better then the Over-Hyped, Over CGI, Over Un-Developed Characters many movies are now a days is just at times beyond me.

I know Sailor Moon takes it own unique fandom to like, just like Comic or Sci-Fi Movies, but Still Even as a Fan, I see the Viz Media' Sailor Moon R Movie;

As one of THE BEST Movies I have Ever Seen on The Silver Screen IN MY LIFE, SERIOUSLY!!!

These Movie Showings of Viz Media's Sailor Moon R have Changed My perspective on Many Things within My Life with my Fandoms Allot, that has not happen in a long time for me from a Movie!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Exclamation MAJOR Sailor Moon NEWS!!!!!

This is MAJOR for the World of Anime Icons and Sailor Moon, Another Dream I HOPED To See Come True and It Has it seems!!!

It is The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games OFFICIAL Ambassadors!!!

BANNED

That's awesome!!!! Greek and japanese culture are finally meeting!

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    That's awesome!!!! Greek and japanese culture are finally meeting!
    Well said Minerboh and you being from Greece yourself and you love for Sailor Moon This is just ALL the More Special for you my friend, Enjoy it and Spreed the Word to you Friends about this High Honor Sailor Moon and the other Anime Icons got cause INDEED it cannot be underselled how much of a High Honor this is for ALL of Theme and Historic!

I will repeat, some changes to the original post, too what I said on a Sailor Moon Forum I said to other Sailor Moon Fans about this News and how I see it;

This News and the Popularity These Anime Icons have and how Japan is SO VERY Proud of their Anime Icons~~~~~I SHOULDN'T be Surprised Knowing how Tokyo 2020 wants to market their games to the world, espically after the closing ceremony they had with Super Mario and all that they would be given this High Honor!

But I still am PLEASANTLY surprised since while I had Hope for this, I had lowered to Cautious Optimism not to get to wrapped up in it being possible if it did not happen.

Japan has not hosted a Games since 1998 and since then with how Games carry themselves and showcase themselves to the world has greatly changed since then. Also, Back in 1998, the Anime Invasion of the United States and the World as a Whole was indeed in full swing Around the World, it still was very young and needed time to see how its impact would be on the world, which we see today.

For Me as a Fan of Sailor Moon and Many of these characters in General I am VERY, VERY Happy and Very Honored to see this!

It shows just how FAR Sailor Moon and the Other Anime Icons have come in how they have presented themselves to the world and the Fact that mostly an Entire Nation or the ones running the Tokyo 2020 Olympics at least felt they have that level of Strength to represent their Nation to the World;

THAT is Truly a HIGH HONOR IMO EVERT Sailor Moon Fan and Fan of these others Icons can now take allot of Pride in! ^_^

Sailor Moon is now apart of a Major Event in World History the World Looks towards when it happens, for Sailor Moon to be apart of that helps CEMENT her more as the Icon Sailor Moon and her Franchise Truly is and how we as fans have felt about Sailor Moon for years!

Cool

Lightbulb

Interesting Article form ComicbookResources.com Itself!

15 CRAZY SIMILARITIES BETWEEN BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER
    AND SAILOR MOON!

http://www.cbr.com/ways-buffy-the-va...d-sailor-moon/

Exclamation

Is An Anime Squeal to Sailor Moon Crystal In the Pipeline?!

‘Sailor Moon’ 25th Anniversary Events Move into High Gear!

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201702260012.html

According to a special website, a sequel to “Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal” is in the pipeline. The web-based anime series made its online debut in 2014.

Details of the new series have yet to emerge. However, a new live musical adaptation will open in the fall.

BANNED

Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Is An Anime Squeal to Sailor Moon Crystal In the Pipeline?!
    I know you meant to type sequel, I know that...but now I have the image (and sound) of Usagi squealing stuck in my head. Thanks for that.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know you meant to type sequel, I know that...but now I have the image (and sound) of Usagi squealing stuck in my head. Thanks for that.
    LMAO, you got a Point their and funny of my mis-spell, Thanks for That Pointout.

Honestly I got somewhat of a cure for that..........Comparing the Various Voice's the have Played Sailor Moon Over the Years.

I'm certified, bitches!

Sailor Moon membership - Copy.jpg
    Balthier: I doubt we'll find her wanting in valor, being such an upstanding member of the insurgence.
    Ashe: Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I'm certified, bitches!

Sailor Moon membership - Copy.jpg
    WOW, Did Not Know an Offical Fanclub Membership and Card Existed, That is MAGNIFICENT!

Major Congrats on that Blu Berri, Thanks for Sharing it With Us!

Also, Welcome Back Blu Berri, Glad to see you back!

Also, Awesome New Sailor V Avatar. :-)

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blu Berri View Post
    I'm certified
    Congratulations, Sailor V!

Meanwhile, the celebration of the 25th anniversary of Sailor Moon continues in the cutest way over in the new Monster Hunter XX game over in Japan! For those of you who don't know, the Monster Hunter series includes a feline helper for your character called a Palico.

Check out this video to see what the crossover features... Luna is holding something called a Cutie Moon Rod:

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007