Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    I don't know about choices, that's subjective, but I can see 14 comics with the Spider-Man logo released the same month, going back 20 years:

Amazing Scarlet Spider 1
    Green Goblin 2
    New Warriors 65
    Scarlet Spider Unlimited 1
    Scarlet Spider 1
    Spider-Man: The Parker Years 1
    Spider-Man 2099 Special
    Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 2099 37
    Spider-Man Adventures 12
    The Spectacular Scarlet Spider 1
    Untold Tales of Spider-Man 3
    Venom Sinner Takes All 4
    Web of Scarlet Spider 1

Far from me to say, that more is better.
    So you picked one month out of the past 20 years, ok. I do not think that this one example of one month refutes what Dan Slott said " Can you think of a time in the 50+ year history of Spidey, when there's been this many choices in the Spider-Line? We're talking 12 regular ongoing projects!" How about a time when there was more than one month in a row such as will soon be the case? This is where a difference between one-shots and ongoings will make a difference...consecutive months of the same thing and - yes - some might get cancelled after 6 months or a year of monthly releases but for those first few months we will have multiple consecutive months with a plethora of choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    The link doesn't work.
    Works for me. Does anyone else have that problem?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

The link works for me. Mauled, the issue might be on your end, unless others are having a similar problem.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    The link works for me. Mauled, the issue might be on your end, unless others are having a similar problem.
    The link works fine now
    It was just earlier and yeah it probably was my end that was the problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    So you picked one month out of the past 20 years, ok. I do not think that this one example of one month refutes what Dan Slott said " Can you think of a time in the 50+ year history of Spidey, when there's been this many choices in the Spider-Line? We're talking 12 regular ongoing projects!" How about a time when there was more than one month in a row such as will soon be the case? This is where a difference between one-shots and ongoings will make a difference...consecutive months of the same thing and - yes - some might get cancelled after 6 months or a year of monthly releases but for those first few months we will have multiple consecutive months with a plethora of choices.
    Dont waste your time on this. I and others have pretty much beaten that horse to death by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Dont waste your time on this. I and others have pretty much beaten that horse to death by now.
    Don't worry, that's really all I wanted to say on the matter. I said my piece and it doesn't seem like anything I or anyone else says will change their mind so it's all good

For me:
    ASM
    Spiderman / Deadpool
    Spider-Gwen
    Spiderman 2099
    Web Warriors

BANNED

that's really all I wanted to say on the matter. I said my piece and it doesn't seem like anything I or anyone else says will change their mind
    It wouldn't be the first time someone changed my mind about something, but then again, I don't engage in a discussion with the mindset you're describing.

As for the particular conversation you were referring to, it was admin-closed.

Mighty Member

I'll be getting all of them... The ones I would get if money were still a consideration would likely be:

Amazing: Of course...

Spider-Woman: Dennis Hopeless is a great writer. He is seriously batting a thousand with me; I have loved everything I have read by him. He has had some titles that had hard-to-sell setups, too, yet managed to deliver nonetheless. Clearly one of Marvel's relative newcomers being groomed to be the next round of Architects.

Spider-Man: I am a newcomer to Miles, having just read the first two "Complete Collections" in the past month or so. I am a big Bendis fan. I am actually a much larger Bendis fan than I am a Miles fan at this point. With a different writer (and if I didn't buy everything anyway) I might skip.

Silk: Really dig Cindy Moon. One of my favorite characters introduced in the past few years. They nailed the idea that she feels out of touch, alienated and kind of confused all the time... kind of like a teenager. The fact that she is older makes it even more interesting to me, having a sort of forced arrested development. Art is fantastic, too.

Venom: Flash-as-Venom was a brilliant idea. It took one sort-of interesting character and one... (can you really call the symbiote a character?) undeveloped character and made the result more than the sum of it's parts. Remender's run, playing with addiction, losing one's purpose, and lying to others and ourselves, among other things, really hit home for me. Highly recommend it. I hope we learn more about the symbiote at some point; I hoped Bendis was going to do that in "Guardians", but no luck.

So yeah, lots of diversity, no matter how you define it. I am especially excited about all the different sub-genres that are available. I will have horror, sci-fi, action, mystery, adult real-life problems, high-school dramedy... So many options.. . I can't wait to eat them all.

I forgot about Silk! I picked up the first couple issues of volume 1 and then it fell by the wayside for some reason. I think I'll give this volume a chance for sure.
    I'm having a hard time with the Venom/Flash/Space Adventures Hero concept. I really like Brock/Venom/Villain on the streets of NY as he used to be

Mighty Member

I forgot about Silk! I picked up the first couple issues of volume 1 and then it fell by the wayside for some reason. I think I'll give this volume a chance for sure.
    I'm having a hard time with the Venom/Flash/Space Adventures Hero concept. I really like Brock/Venom/Villain on the streets of NY as he used to be
    To me, Brock-Venom and Flash-Venom are two totally different characters. I am not even sure that "Venom", or the symbiote, can be called a character. Maybe I am forgetting stories, or I never read them, but what do we know about the suit? What does it want? Is it rational, animalistic, or just a parasite? I don't know. The guy underneath is the story to me. So for a guy like you, who really liked Brock-street-Venom, I understand being bummed that you don't get those stories anymore. But you can still enjoy the Flash-space-Venom for what it is, hopefully.

I hope you do check out "Silk". It's the same creative team, so if you liked the issues you read, I'd imagine you will like the upcoming issues as well..

Or when classic Venom was the anti-hero of San Franciso, that was also good. You are preaching to the choir my friend, I've never been a fan of Flash Thompson as Venom.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."