Super Moderator

Default "Legion" Showrunner Noah Hawley Shares Details on Show's Future in the "X-Men" Universe

With the news of FX ordering a new live-action "X-Men" series, Hawley discusses exactly how connected it will be to the greater cinematic universe.

Full article here.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I have onder if they're goign to make him Xavier's son. They'll probably wait and see if the show is a success before tying the movies so heavily to it.
    Cyclops was right

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Sounds like a interesting premise.Can't wait to see Legion brought o T.V.

Spectacular Member

Okay, now I'm a bit worried.
    - No significant connection to the greater X-Universe ? He probably won't be Xavier's son, then. I can deal with that, but there's more :
    - The script comes from a previous, unrelated project ? I don't like the sound of this ...
    - We're supposed to doubt whether his powers are real ? It could open interesting storylines, but once again it doesn't make a lot of sense in the greater X-universe ... why would anyone consider powers impossible when mutants' existence is a fact ?

Having a TV series focusing on one character where that character wasn't part of the original script does seem somewhat baffling.

Amazing Member

Okay, so this just confirms my initial read on this: These shows won't have anything to do with the movies and will just be standalone riffs on individual concepts from the X-Men universe.

If they're committed to working with top shelf creators like Hawley, I have zero problem with this. (And in fact it's probably better than going the MCU/everything's connected root.)

Still not sold on this show. I'm more intrigued by the possibility of a Hellfire Club show. But I'm open to being convinced. Shows like Flash and Walking Dead have shown that comics have a place on TV. And I think the X-men are overdue for being part of that market.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

So are they just taking failed stuff off the shelf, changing a few names, peppering in a couple of X-references and calling it "X-Men related?"