Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Long time lurker...and I registered just to say I really like this title a lot. Maps is such a great character...this is the book I really look forward to every month.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    So, Maps has met Damian, who takes her on a Robin-like adventure and gives her some gear. She's met Red Robin, who tells her about the street Robin movement, as well as a story about the first Robin being awesome. Safe to say that she's been struck by the glamour of Robin. Anyone see this taking a bit of a dark turn?
    What, like a she meets Jason next?

Great issue, this was very enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why not? And then she can meet Dick to complete the set and make her mark as the one female in the DC universe who's immune to his, um, assets.

Unless he offers her a grapple gun. Then all bets are off.

I hope not, then this board will never hear the end of how "out of character" Jason is for not being written by Lobdell.
    Last edited by joybeans; 10-23-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Why not? And then she can meet Dick to complete the set and make her mark as the one female in the DC universe who's immune to his, um, assets.

Unless he offers her a grapple gun. Then all bets are off.
    Ahem, a certain Miss Kane begs to differ. Not that one, the other one. She was even unphased when he gave her a Batarang.

Ahem, a certain Miss Kane begs to differ. Not that one, the other one. She was even unphased when he gave her a Batarang.
    True dat. I guess she's the exception that proves the rule. She wasn't terribly appreciative of the gift of a Lazarus pit either.

(The other Miss Kane just needs to get herself about a gallon of red hair dye to be in with a chance. A chance of unwrapping a Batarang at Christmas, of course. Did you think I meant something else?)

So, Maps has met Damian, who takes her on a Robin-like adventure and gives her some gear. She's met Red Robin, who tells her about the street Robin movement, as well as a story about the first Robin being awesome. Safe to say that she's been struck by the glamour of Robin. Anyone see this taking a bit of a dark turn?
    I think meeting Jason would hammer into Maps that being a Robin isn't always glamorous or fun and games, and the darker side of being a vigilante, which might be a good counterpoint to all her positivity and forwardness in being an adventurer and like a Robin.

I remember the solicitations for GA Robin War tie-ins mentioning a conflict among the students over what's going on, so maybe Maps is in support of whatever the Robins are doing, or wants to join them, while her friends or classmates are more critical of them?

Well, Olive isn't particularly pro-Batman, so that might be where the conflict lies.

Well, at least now she has better context for why Batman had fought her mother and locked her up (even if, in a bit of role-reversal, Robin was the one who defeated and unmasked her while Batman saved the civilian with a smile on his face), so maybe that might improve her opinion of him. But there still seems to be something beyond locking up her mother that made Olive hate/fear Batman so much, which might be related to his putting her somewhere "safe."

Spectacular Member

Well, Olive isn't particularly pro-Batman, so that might be where the conflict lies.
    This is a great point. Even to this day, Im sure not every Gothamite appreciates the exploits of the vigilantes. Masked heroes and villains keep a never ending civic level of damage. An aspect of Gotham and other comic cities left little explored, sans Damage Inc.
    Last edited by bholderman; 10-24-2015 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Grammar