Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Carabas nailed it. Same goes for TV shows. Even if you can identify all the demographic information about entertainment consumers, and what they like about what they consume, you can frame a pitch for your show or comic that seems to address that, and you could still be wrong.
    That's because not all black people watch BET, like Friday, and favorite music is rap or R&B. Not all white people like mayonnaise, Dawson's Creek and Eminem. Not all heterosexual males like lesbian adult entertainment. Not all women like 40 Shades of Gray and Twilight. If entertainment stops trying to cater to a stereotype or perceived demographic based on hearsay, people just might buy something that entertains them for no other reason. There's something in each of all that I listed that I enjoy, but some not, that are in what people may think is my target demographic. There is no secret formula because not every one in every race, nationality, gender and sexual preference is the same. And you can't expect to please them all with one giving, or be surprised that someone outside that target demographic enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    So that means Harley Quinn is the queen of DC Comics and Spider-Gwen is the queen of Marvel Comics.
    I doubt they think of it in those terms, but they know those characters sell comics.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist