Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Totally Awesome Hulk #1

Strap in, hold on and Hulk out True Believer. It's time for a new Jade Giant for a new Marvel Universe. Amadeus Cho is here, and he's throwing a gamma punch in your face this December in THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1 - the explosive new series from writer Greg Pak and artist Frank Cho! A 19-year old boy genius is now the strongest being in the Marvel Universe. What could possibly go wrong? The mystery behind the Hulk's new identity may have been revealed. But the questions don't stop there. How did he come to be? What happened to Bruce Banner in the previous eight months. All will be revealed. But first - prepare for a completely different kind of Hulk. Not tormented. Not conflicted. Just a giant green wrecking machine who loves being the Hulk!

Now is the time to jump on board the series that already has the world talking. Big heart, big action and high stakes await Amadeus Cho on his very first Hulk adventure. Believe us, you've never seen a Hulk like this before and it's going to be TOTALLY AWESOME. Be there as Amadeus' exciting journey begins in THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #1!

Full preview here.

Mighty Member

Holy crap, a lettered preview! It's like Christmas came early!
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Looks fun. I like Pak as a writer. I may actually pick up my first ever Hulk book.

Astonishing Member

totally awesome preview dude

This actually looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to get it when it comes out.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    totally awesome preview dude
    Dawn! Wanted to be the first to say that.

Love Frank Cho's art. Yep definitely getting it.

Sweeeeeet!

Spectacular Member

Looks ok but I'm just not into Hulk that much. I thought Cho was a lot younger than 19?

Why was Amadeus eating before hulking out, he does mention feeding his monster, but I don't remember Banner ever having to do that. I'm also not sure what I think of the Hulk finishing Cho's line, does Amadeus remain conscious while the Hulk? or does his personality just make the Hulk jokier and have better grammar?

I am totally down with this awesome looking book.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    Why was Amadeus eating before hulking out, he does mention feeding his monster, but I don't remember Banner ever having to do that. I'm also not sure what I think of the Hulk finishing Cho's line, does Amadeus remain conscious while the Hulk? or does his personality just make the Hulk jokier and have better grammar?
    I think the food bit was just a joke. And it sounds like Cho is still in control in Hulk form.

Art looks childish, almost Mad Magazineish. Not sold at all.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I've never read Hulk before, but this preview looks very fun, and fun has been unfortunately absent from a lot of comic books these days! I'm interested!

Astonishing Member

Damn you Marvel, you're going to force me into a ramen noodle and tuna diet with all the good and exciting books you seem to be pointing out. This preview is freaking fantastic. Pak is my favorite Hulk writer, especially with his family of Hulks. Frank Cho is one of my top 5 favorite artists in comics. This preview is just complete gold, and of course it has to come out in December, a month way, damn you marvel! lol, just take my money.