Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Funny how they didn't feel the need to complain about this when they were a villain in the last Daredevil series.
    Hooo boooy, they would have a field day with that arc. A secret cabal of conservative white supremacists that have running the New York government from the shadows? You know that would tick them off.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    The Fantastic Network Fox does it again.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot us on the right don't have a right to voice our opinion. When I saw this book at my LCS, I knew it was a dog. After flipping through, I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    Hooo boooy, they would have a field day with that arc. A secret cabal of conservative white supremacists that have running the New York government from the shadows? You know that would tick them off.
    I don't think it would.
    I think the whole reason for this complaint now is because the hero opposing them is black.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    Spencer is getting death threats because of this.
    that's going too far. I don't like the book, but I vote with my wallet and don't buy bad books.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Thus proving their collective insanity.

Nutters.
    How about this. A Marvel comic takes a strong conservative stand, and MSNBC rips the book for being conservative. Would you call MSNBC 'nutters'?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    Spencer is getting death threats because of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Then he's in good company (i.e., Kirby and Simon).
    And Salman Rushdie...

Quote Originally Posted by Allen T View Post
    No, but it is constantly played like it is. Please before you criticized someone's belief know what it is, all I have seen so far is that all the people who want to protect the US border are a bunch or red neck racists, they are constantly being be portrayed, so it gets tiresome.
    As a Mexican American, I find it very hard to sympathize with the side you're talking about.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

The impression that the US's self-appointed border guards are "red neck racists" might be dispelled if they would make more of an effort to behave like anything else whenever they're in the public eye.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Allen T View Post
    No, but it is constantly played like it is. Please before you criticized someone's belief know what it is, all I have seen so far is that all the people who want to protect the US border are a bunch or red neck racists, they are constantly being be portrayed, so it gets tiresome.
    What "constant portrayals" are you speaking of?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    As a Mexican American, I find it very hard to sympathize with the side you're talking about.
    Please tell me what is Mexico's border policy on their Southern border and/or dealing with other Latin America people crossing their border?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Anytime when the border is discussed in the media

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The one where they wear snake hood and speak in a very pompous fashion.
    That 's exactly what people are calling red neck.

All-New Member

The impression that the US's self-appointed border guards are "red neck racists" might be dispelled if they would make more of an effort to behave like anything else whenever they're in the public eye.
    Please tell me whet did they actually do? With evidence not "well I heard"

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Regardless, politics has always been a part of the Captain America book, so Spencer's just following tradition in that regard.
    Seriously, Captain America was punching Hitler before America entered the war.

I don't care what the news outlet is OR what the political leanings are...when a news/media outlet has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BETTER TO DO than to, in this case very stupidly, bitch about a comic book, with or without poor research, it is OFFICIALLY as slow a news day as it can get. I mean, seriously...it is one thing when us 'commoner fanboys/girls' are doing such griping. But any and all supposedly 'as professional as professional gets' conglomerates? Just all the more indicative of what a jacked-up, to say the very least, day and age this is...

(I do wholeheartedly realize that we are talking about Fox News in all of their 'fair and balanced' fear mongering...but still, if it was CNN or any other outlet, it would still be pretty downright pathetic.)
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven