Default Predator vs. Col. Steve Austin

Dark Horse/Dynamite should make this happen. It would certainly be interesting to see a fight take place, and how much damage Steve could dish out or how much he could take. Steve could certainly outrun a Yautja, right? What if he replaced Dutch in the first Predator film?

It would be an interesting fight. His bionic eye has IR capabilities, along with telescopic vision, so Steve would have a relatively easy time spotting the Predator despite it's cloaking technology. He could run quickly and super-leap up into the higher tree branches, making it tough for the Predator to pick him off with sniper attacks. However, at close range, Steve may have a super-strong arm, but his Air Force HTH training is probably very unimpressive compared to the Predator's melee weapon skills. Austin's best bet would be to get that mini-gun away from Jesse Ventura's character and start blazing away directly at the Predator's sniper nest.

Incredible Member

It would be an interesting battle. A good match of their capabilities.

deleted, thought about it... not sure anymore.
    Last edited by Sasuke Uchiha; 10-19-2015 at 07:12 PM.
    And now I finally arrived.

I can see him winning this against the predator from the first movie. Someone already pointed out that Austin has infra-red along with a telescopic sight with his bionic eye so that eliminates or severely limits it's arguably biggest advantage in the scenario. Austin is a trained military guy who has undergone espionage training.

I'm not 100% sure on which Austin this is. Default would be the original novel by Martin Caidin. Most people mean the television show though. Here you might be implying it's a recent comic version. If it's the original source, Austin probably has the skills to get through what Dutch got through. He also has ranged attacks including ranged attacks built into his bionics. I don't recall evidence he is good at building traps like Dutch did.

Since this is a scenario, most likely the predator decides to duke it out man to man (so to speak). Austin-Prime aka book Austin wasn't as strong as television Austin (maybe 10X normal strength rather than 20x). But more ruthless than television Austin and the built-in weapons including poison darts. Oh yeah, and book Austin has all sorts of armor and padding built into his skull and torso.

If it is television Austin, his strength should be more than a match for a predator. Granted he has vulnerable parts but he frequently displayed an amazing ability to take hits to his body and even his non-bionic arm and shrug it off. He even displayed superhuman strength in the normal arm (that was a series of screw-ups, I'm sure, but they happened several times).