Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Web Warriors #1

Protecting the Spider-Verse by any means necessary! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your new look at WEB WARRIORS #1 - the new ongoing series from writer Mike Costa (Scarlet Spiders) and artist David Baldeon (Nova)! Following the events of Spider-Verse, multiple realities were left without a Spider-Man of their own. Victims of Morlun and the Inheritors. But those worlds still need protecting, and it's up to a new team of wallcrawlers and webslingers to swing in and save the day. Spider-Gwen! Spider-Man Noir! Spider-Man India! Spider-UK! Spider-Ham! Together, they are...the Web Warriors! From their home base on Earth-001, if your world needs help, they'll be there! But when Electro threatens all of reality, this newly formed team will be pushed to their very limits. Is their mission over before it's even begun? Find out this November as this universe-hopping team of webslingers makes their debut in WEB WARRIORS #1!

Full preview here.

Oh cool, Lady Spider's back. I liked her.

And sixties cartoon New York? Did "Spider-Mad Men" die in Spider-Verse and I missed it?

BANNED

Diggin' the art. Nice.

Loving the art but just one thing; Why does Spider-Man India look white? I mean in Spider-Verse he looked Indian under his mask but here he just looks like Peter with a different costume.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelousmetalmouse View Post
    Oh cool, Lady Spider's back. I liked her.

And sixties cartoon New York? Did "Spider-Mad Men" die in Spider-Verse and I missed it?
    I seen more from this scene and he appears later......(they even have the sitting on a desk with a picture of himself behind him meme/picture).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Loving the art but just one thing; Why does Spider-Man India look white? I mean in Spider-Verse he looked Indian under his mask but here he just looks like Peter with a different costume.
    He looks more Dev Patel and less Andrew Garfield to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yeah, that kind of stood out to me as well. Hopefully it's just a coloring mistake that will get resolved sooner rather than later.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Wasn't planning on getting this, but I'll now definitely be buying at least the first issue just because May Reilly/Lady Spider is in it. The art style looks pretty good too, I like it much more than the Secret Wars Spider-Verse comic. I like the preview page with Spider-Man Noir. Looking forward to reading the first issue.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

ˇˇˇˇˇˇˇˇANYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

BANNED

C`mon Costa, don`t leave the web-hanging "is Ben alive or not" plotline going for too long.

Can't wait to see mah girls Anya, May and Gwen interact.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Diggin' the art. Nice.
    Yeah, it looks cool. The colors are working well.
    Last edited by The Other; 10-19-2015 at 12:25 PM.

I'm interested. Super Spider Totem Team Go!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

Funny to see the villains in their classic design in a new Spidey title.

I'm loving the covers for this comic. I don't know which one to get (it will go to price and how i feel about the particular comic once I see them with my own eyes). I like the tradition cover but I also love the selfie (not a fan of selfie for real life but in covers they are fun and can display a part of the personality of the character by his or her pose and be fun if done right), young, and the flying down cover.
    I'm also a fan of the different art style representing various different worlds. It adds to keep the core characteristics of each world and it's such a detail I value. If one world art style doesn't gel well with me then another will.
    I wasn't thrilled for this book but seeing the preview has me sold now to get this. Hope the story, team dynamic, and characterizations are up to par plus I love to see some not just beloved but also obscure characters thanks to the nature of this series and possibly finish some possible loose threads for some worlds.

Like other above I hope Anya, May and Gwen are used well and get some love plus check in with the two daughters of Peter "Amp" (Annie from RYV) and Mayday also. Plenty of cast members of various spider's I also hope to make a appearance such as "Chat" from the Spider-Man Adventures series.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    I'm loving the covers for this comic. I don't know which one to get (it will go to price and how i feel about the particular comic once I see them with my own eyes). I like the tradition cover but I also love the selfie (not a fan of selfie for real life but in covers they are fun and can display a part of the personality of the character by his or her pose and be fun if done right), young, and the flying down cover.
    I'm also a fan of the different art style representing various different worlds. It adds to keep the core characteristics of each world and it's such a detail I value. If one world art style doesn't gel well with me then another will.
    I wasn't thrilled for this book but seeing the preview has me sold now to get this. Hope the story, team dynamic, and characterizations are up to par plus I love to see some not just beloved but also obscure characters thanks to the nature of this series and possibly finish some possible loose threads for some worlds.

Like other above I hope Anya, May and Gwen are used well and get some love plus check in with the two daughters of Peter "Amp" (Annie from RYV) and Mayday also. Plenty of cast members of various spider's I also hope to make a appearance such as "Chat" from the Spider-Man Adventures series.
    Well Mayday is a member of the team and apparently will build a friendship with Gwen from what we've heard thus far.