Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Side question: Am I the only one (here) who prefers Bruce to engage in casual sex and genuine casual dating than to be using women as beards constantly under the assumption that none of them are interested in him or could be interested anyway they just want to date a famous guy?

The no-sex-just-manipulation thing always seemed like such a huge dick move to me. When writers let him just enjoy the company of women, sometimes in bed, he feels like a healthier, nicer guy.
    Nah, I agree. I would think Bruce would have a healthy sex life with all the beautiful women he surrounds himself with. The playboy lifestyle may be an act but I don't think he lets that get in the way of going to bed with a super model from time to time.

Catwoman is who excites him most though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    In my eyes, Selina is and always will be my choice for Batman as his love interest and favorite lady. She's the best.
    ^^ this ^^

I like these threads on Bruce's love interests because I learn a lot. But I always have been settled on Catwoman as Bruce's great love.

I think there's an important point for Selina vs all of Bruce's other ladies: she has been close to Bruce both in and out of uniform and she's a Gothamite. And despite frequently being an enormous thief, she's more of a crime fighter than Talia or Ivy have ever been.

In just 2 pages, Dustin Nguyen captured the Bat and the Cat perfectly.
    * Her, perched lonely and remote, arms and legs crossed
    * Him, swooping down, ominous and intimidating
    * She knows he's there but doesn't move or acknowledge him
    * He approaches her cautiously, like he's dealing with a mercurial cat
    * She glances at his arm around her shoulder and allows it
    * They only exchange a tiny bit of dialog since their closeness says everything necessary

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bholderman View Post
    Nevermind, found my answer.
    What's the answer?

Incredible Member

I'd prefer it if Bruce was not with a superhero or villain. Just a regular person.

Incredible Member

Well in the 89 movie it felt a little lame that Bruce might get with a regular person. I think we respond better to Batman being with a bit of a freak, lol, but I see what you mean and kind of agree. I would pity the woman, however, who has to wait for her crazy husband to find the time to give her some attention. Selena would demand time, or prove so irresistible he would make time for her without thinking about it.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Side question: Am I the only one (here) who prefers Bruce to engage in casual sex and genuine casual dating than to be using women as beards constantly under the assumption that none of them are interested in him or could be interested anyway they just want to date a famous guy?

The no-sex-just-manipulation thing always seemed like such a huge dick move to me. When writers let him just enjoy the company of women, sometimes in bed, he feels like a healthier, nicer guy.
    I think Bruce does both, depending on the circumstances (maybe in a hurry to find a date for an event, etc, etc). Some he casually dates, some he just uses for a night or so as beards. I think he kind of gives them all a shot to win some dating, but it doesn't always work out (maybe as he talks to them, he finds they're not a match).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    I'd prefer it if Bruce was not with a superhero or villain. Just a regular person.
    Agreed!!!!

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think Bruce does both, depending on the circumstances (maybe in a hurry to find a date for an event, etc, etc). Some he casually dates, some he just uses for a night or so as beards. I think he kind of gives them all a shot to win some dating, but it doesn't always work out (maybe as he talks to them, he finds they're not a match).
    Sure. I didn't mean he'd just be sleeping with a new person five days out of the week. Just that he was taking the dating seriously enough to actually give it a genuine shot and sometimes it clicks. And, some are just social obligation.

(Does Bruce have any women friends any more? In this new continuity?)
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

Was Silver always showing lots of skin...?

Sure. I didn't mean he'd just be sleeping with a new person five days out of the week. Just that he was taking the dating seriously enough to actually give it a genuine shot and sometimes it clicks. And, some are just social obligation.

(Does Bruce have any women friends any more? In this new continuity?)
    Do female superheroes count?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do female superheroes count?
    Sure. if he actually sits down and shoots the bull with them, or watches tv, rather than just mission-based stuff.

I honestly can't think of any since the relaunch outside of The Dark Knight, and I'm pretty sure that ends up being precursor to romances each time. That's a little sad.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Incredible Member

I'm flipping through Red Robin right now and surprised to see Ms. Vale pop up there...looking very very young. Like teenager young. Maybe it's just the art though. Was there any kind of a reboot on Vale happening at that point in the DCU or was she supposed to be the same woman who Bruce previously dated (or interacted with) back when Tim Drake first appeared on the scene?

I don't think any Batman "romance" story is as affecting as "The Autobiography of Bruce Wayne", so it's Bruce and Selina for me. I've yet to be convinced a civilian could work.

Fantastic Member

For me, my favorite Bat Love Interest is Talia Al Ghul BUT I didn't start to like Talia until after she started to appear outside of the Bat-Books. She's a villain at heart (even during her more "grey" period) so it has an air of touching sadness. But they also have this oneupmanship because they are both brilliant, strategic, lethal and neither ever forgets that though they are drawn to each other, they never forget the other is on the opposing side. Even when he was with Selina during the "Hush" storyline, I think my favorite "couple" moments were the few scenes he shared with Talia during that storyline.

I began to like Talia during the "Tower of Babel" and when she was then recruited by Lex Luthor to run Lexcorp. Bruce's superiority makes him want to help people and allows him to empathize with those who aren't on his level. Talia's superiority (no doubt Ra's influence) makes her look down on everyone, those who have know power have know value in her eyes. For the most part she's not especially interested in her father's genocide, she doesn't hate humanity, it's just that unless she thinks your worth her attention, she disregards your existence entirely.

Anyone who can out scheme Lex Luthor is impressive in my eyes. Elitism, Hubris and self-aggrandizing have made Talia a really good subtle antagonist for Batman, Dick Grayson, Superman, Lex Luthor and Black Canary in the past. I also always liked how no matter what horror she was a part of, Bruce could never bring himself to turn her in. He watched Selina go to jail and she's just (as Talia put it) a "common thief", he always tries to convince Talia to abandon whatever ill doings she's up to.

They'll never be a good couple, to many core qualities are diametrically opposed to each other BUT I think they will always be attracted and drawn to each other. They'll always have an effect on the other.
    Last edited by PowerPlay25; 11-24-2015 at 06:04 PM.