Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Nu 52 continuity has been a gigantic mess from almost day one. I'm hoping this will fix the Titans at least. Does anybody really want the original Nu 52 version of LILITH to be the official version of this character? I know I don't. Hell I would love it if DC used this story to completely change all of the Nu 52 Teen Titans history. There's not 1 thing that I'd keep quite honestly. Maybe the new Power Girl but that's just a maybe.

Roy is such a douche. Arts pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Roy is such a douche. Arts pretty good though.
    Yeah he looks like trash but I have to admit that's the most compelling he has been since the reboot started IMO. Admittedly, I only read about 3 issues of RHATO but still...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Nu 52 continuity has been a gigantic mess from almost day one. I'm hoping this will fix the Titans at least. Does anybody really want the original Nu 52 version of LILITH to be the official version of this character? I know I don't. Hell I would love it if DC used this story to completely change all of the Nu 52 Teen Titans history. There's not 1 thing that I'd keep quite honestly. Maybe the new Power Girl but that's just a maybe.
    Lilith is pretty much a blank slate. Last time we saw her she was mind controlled by Harvest or whatever. It wasn't the real her.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Not sure if you mean Roy has stopped drinking entirely (now that scene in BRE #2 when both Tim and Dick leave so Jason drinks at a bar all alone is even more sad), or just stopped being addicted. I didn't even know he was an alcoholic in the New 52, makes sense though. I think he's just drinking to make himself remember whatever it is that he forgot. He's not trying to get completely drunk. I think."
    Roy is supposed to have completely quick drinking. He was in AA, has been sober for a long while and big point of his character in since the reboot is that he kicked the habit. Now that's not to say that he doesn't struggle with it on a daily basis because he does or that he won't ever fall off the wagon. However, having him not only buy a drink but to actually drink it as he appears to be getting ready to do goes against established continuity for the character as we know it up to this point. Hopefully, it will be explained and hopefully this isn't a precursor to him returning to another addition again and I would hate for this to be marred by a glaring continuity error within a single editorial division. I'm now only cautiously optimistic about this where I was really excited before.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

What happened to Roy and heroine. Not to make light of alcohol addiction but it doesn't come off quite as heavy as a heroin addiction.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-19-2015 at 04:32 PM.

All-New Member

What happened to Roy and heroine. Not to make light of alcohol addiction but it doesn't come off quite as heavy as a heroin addiction.
    dc thought alcohol addiction was more relatable today, then a heroin addiction.

Was it ever suppose to be about people relating to it. I though it was more about making people aware of it. I always thought Roys dance with heroin was the one redeeming thing about the character. It was crazy. It was heroin. We have seen heroes struggle with alcohol before, heroin though not so much. It was a ballsy thing to do.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-19-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this just looks messy continuity wise. I'm interested in Donna and Dick, but not so much the others. I'm more of an iconic New Teen Titans fan.
    On the bright side, with comic prices the way they are... if you only read a few comics a month, inter-comic continuity becomes less of an issue.
    As long as it fits in with Grayson, I'm good.

But, yeah, I'm a fan of the Wolfman/Perez era, too. We may never get that back. But maybe once this story is over, they'll merge them with the current Titans team and form a new "Big 7".
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

All-New Member

in the eighties it was about making people aware of it. i did too, pre new 52 roy was one of my favorite characters.. not so much now

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

So excited for this!!!!!!
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Roy was weirded out by the 'T' shaped water tower. is that hinting that Titans Tower existed?!? i really hope it returns. it's one of the more iconic buildings in comics.
    I also believe the tornado is there as a reference or homage to Mr.Twister who was the first villain the Titans fought.

It doesn't but it should. Alcoholism is so acceptable in our society that the longterm struggle of alcoholism is every bit as difficult as staying off heroin. And it's better social commentary to poke at a more acceptable and relatable addiction. Working in the arts I've known and even worked with not quite a handful of heroin addicts. I have worked with hundreds of alcoholics (all functional or functional until they weren't, some of them dying from it) and over years and years. And I am one myself. I've dabbled with every drug, originally as a matter of exploration until that turned darker. When I was offered the chance 10 years ago to try ketamine I did it not because I wanted to but because it was the last thing I had to try. I did it so that I'd have done everything. The only things that ever gave me longterm trouble were alcohol and cigarettes. I could identify with Roy as a junkie too but I can identify much more closely with him as an alcoholic and I expect that's true of almost everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I also believe the tornado is there as a reference or homage to Mr.Twister who was the first villain the Titans fought.
    Who's to say we won't see Roy and Gnaark team up against Mr. Twister, with Lilith showing up at the end to talk about all the past memories of Titans or whatever she's supposed to be doing this issue.

(Mr. Twister. Now episode 3 of Young Justice makes even more sense.)

What's really cool is that Titans Hunt is getting a Jim Lee variant cover that's sure to interest retailers and fans of his.
    The regular series never got a Jim Lee cover.

DC is really putting an effort into getting people to pick it up.
    Top tier creative team, marketable variants, fan-fave characters...
    It has the makings of a hit, to me.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.