Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thor vs Supermen

Speed equalized of course. Before he became unworthy, how would the Male Thor do against:

1. Pre-Flashpoint Superman

2. NU52 Superman

He does not fight them both at the same time of course. But individually, how would the fights go down? Again; speed is equalized.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

With speed equalized, Thor just has too much versatility for Clark to deal with.

If Nu Clark could close, he could drop Thor pretty quick, but I'm not sure he can A) withstand Mjolnir's ranged options long enough to do that, or B) use the heat vision to throw Thor off balance enough to get an opening.

Yea, really the deciding factor in this fight is literally speed. Without it, most versions of Superman lose. With it, most versions of Thor lose.

There's exceptions to this (King Thor, Rune King Thor, Pre-Crisis Superman, etc) but that's basically the bottom line.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ah shit I just remembered that Thor uses magic lightning too. Which means he would go right through Supermans durability. Forgot all about that :/. Even without the things you guys mentioned, that alone would be more or less the main thing that wrecks the Supermen huh?

What about if both of these Supermen teamed up on Thor? Speed is still equalized of course, but how would the fight go down then? Would it still be a stomp?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Depending on the Superman.

There have been versions of Superman (Post Crisis for example) who didn't fold on contact with magic. They weren't AS invulnerable (if that phrase actually makes sense) to it, but...zap Post Crisis Superman with magical lightning, he doesn't fry and drop like a normal human would if hit by that kind of voltage. It likely hits him harder than normal lightning would, but he still treats it like some super-strong guy would.

I don't know about Nu52 dude, though.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Ah shit I just remembered that Thor uses magic lightning too. Which means he would go right through Supermans durability. Forgot all about that :/. Even without the things you guys mentioned, that alone would be more or less the main thing that wrecks the Supermen huh?

What about if both of these Supermen teamed up on Thor? Speed is still equalized of course, but how would the fight go down then? Would it still be a stomp?
    Post Crisis' vulnerability to magic fluctuated all the time. Sometimes he can wad through giant magical beams that dropped the rest of the JLA and other times he gets cut by magical playing cards. But even if magic wasn't an issue Thor has too many long range esoteric powers for Superman to handle.

I saw some scans that showed Superman haveing some new solar flare type of power. Is that canon?

EDIT: Got blitzed by Sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Post Crisis' vulnerability to magic fluctuated all the time. Sometimes he can wad through giant magical beams that dropped the rest of the JLA and other times he gets cut by magical playing cards. But even if magic wasn't an issue Thor has too many long range esoteric powers for Superman to handle.

I saw some scans that showed Superman haveing some new solar flare type of power. Is that canon?

Yeah.

Before nusupes got depowered he developed that ability. It took out a Supes level being so as an opening move it can be quite devastating. It may win the actual fight. For the two on one it definitely will basically win the fight. It may leave nusupes without powers for a day but it gives Post Crisis supes a shot at taking out Thor even if Thor survives the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post

Me too.

Even within the same version of Superman, his resistance to magic is all over the place. I think Pre-Crisis Superman was supposed to be pretty vulnerable to magic and yet he took head-on magic blasts from powerful entities and, though they hurt him, he shook them off and came back fighting.

I think Mjolnir should be able to quickly drain the solar energy from his cells.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I think Mjolnir should be able to quickly drain the solar energy from his cells.
    Or he could d-dump them both.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Or he could d-dump them both.
    I'd like to remove d-dumping...but I don't want it to seem like I am crippling Thor in order to make him lose(especially since I like him a lot more than Superman). I'd just like to know if he could handle both Supermen in a straight up fight if speed were equalized.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Well what is your definition of *straight* fight?
    In a pure brawl, no, he can't win, as NuSupes is a good portion stronger than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I'd like to remove d-dumping...but I don't want it to seem like I am crippling Thor in order to make him lose(especially since I like him a lot more than Superman). I'd just like to know if he could handle both Supermen in a straight up fight if speed were equalized.
    Speed equalized he should be fine. He could absorb the solar flare thing with Mjolnir then it's Thor vs. Post-Crisis Superman and "oh no, now I have no powers" Superman. If Nu52 doesn't do that, he's still got a better range game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well what is your definition of *straight* fight?
    In a pure brawl, no, he can't win, as NuSupes is a good portion stronger than him.
    Yea, he's not winning Punch-Out with a planet mover. But as long as you're not crippling the guy, he'll be fine thanks to the range game.

Arx Inosaan

What if Post Crisis Supes unloads Heat Vision while NuSupes tunnels into the ground and closes in on Thor? Yeah Thor can absorb HV just fine but while he drains one superman he could get ambushed by the other. Its a pretty simple strategy but it seems to be the only viable one.

Does Thor get knowledge of the solar flare? In universe only the JL know about it iirc.

Edit: Wait nvm. Thor's BFR is instant right? That should win it
    Last edited by moonknight11; 10-19-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    What if Post Crisis Supes unloads Heat Vision while NuSupes tunnels into the ground and closes in on Thor? Yeah Thor can absorb HV just fine but while he drains one superman he could get ambushed by the other. Its a pretty simple strategy but it seems to be the only viable one.

Does Thor get knowledge of the solar flare? In universe only the JL know about it iirc.

Edit: Wait nvm. Thor's BFR is instant right? That should win it
    Mm, removing BFR options, Superman tunneling is going to be only so fast. Which means Thor is dealing with one Superman, while the other one is underground. Then it's a 1v1; and you know how "1v1 me bro" usually goes. The guy with the sniper camps the hell out of you.

Damn campers.

EDIT: Theoretically, Thor could chuck his hammer at the bell ding, and rock the block of one of the Superman, then catch the other on the recall. Nu52 Sups wouldn't be too wrecked by the hit, but Post-Crisis is probably going to be out of it for a second or two, which is a lot of time for Mjolnir to recall into the back of him.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 10-19-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Arx Inosaan