Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Any and everything Mike W Barr did with the character is must have reading.

BANNED

John francis moore mini series "Batman family" has never been collected as far as I know and I enjoyed that series as a new group of well coordinated criminals start in on batman and his allies on all fronts.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Pretty much any of Alan Grant's late 80's/early 90's work.
    Was about to post the same thing. The way DC have and continue to treat Alan grant is nothing short of scandalous

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by doodledude View Post
    Any and everything Mike W Barr did with the character is must have reading.
    A good deal of Barr's run have been collected in "Legends of the Dark Knight-Alan Davis", "Batman Year Two-Fear the Reaper" and "Showcase Presents-Batman and the Outsiders". All good stuff.

Nightwing_Vol_2_10.jpg

It's Nightwing #10 volume 2, no clue if it's in a trade or not, but this is probably the best Nightwing story I've ever read.

Spectacular Member

Default The Penguin Affair 1-3 (1990)

Does this story appear in any trades?

I was hoping it would appear in the upcoming Dark knight, Dark city trade as it is from the same era.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/The_Penguin_Affair

Spectacular Member

Default Badd Girls/ Lethal Pursuits/ Riddled

This 3 part Riddler story appered in Detective comics 705- 707.
    Does this appear in any trade or collected volume.
    In my opinion we are overdue a "Greatest Riddler stories ever told" collection.

Spectacular Member

Default Riddle me that

Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight 185 - 189 & Batman 698-9

Never read this story but it seems good from what I've seen online. I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Is it available in a collection/ Tpb/ GN?

http://www.comicvine.com/riddle-me-that/4045-56771/

I don't like the artwork on the cover but I wondered what it is like inside.

BANNED

Huh--do any stories from this era ever appear in any trades?

Seriously, I would love to see a Grant / Breyfogle omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Huh--do any stories from this era ever appear in any trades?

Seriously, I would love to see a Grant / Breyfogle omnibus.
    Don't think so. The individual issues are really easy to come by on eBay though and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Fan View Post
    Don't think so. The individual issues are really easy to come by on eBay though and cheap.
    Perhaps that's why DC is so wary of reprinting anything from the 90s that wasn't a major storyarc. Their logic may be that since you can find the majority of back issues from that era in dollar bins, the demand for a $30-$40 reprint would be too low to justify. It's not just Batman or DC, I've noticed a lot of early 90s arcs from the big two were never collected. Grant/Breyfogle is probably my favorite creative team in comics and I would love for their work together to be better acknowledged. Would buy an omnibus in a second.
    Batgirl - ...BOP - Batman - 'Tec - Nightwing - Supergirl - Titans - Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    Perhaps that's why DC is so wary of reprinting anything from the 90s that wasn't a major storyarc. Their logic may be that since you can find the majority of back issues from that era in dollar bins, the demand for a $30-$40 reprint would be too low to justify. It's not just Batman or DC, I've noticed a lot of early 90s arcs from the big two were never collected. Grant/Breyfogle is probably my favorite creative team in comics and I would love for their work together to be better acknowledged. Would buy an omnibus in a second.
    This I very much agree with.

BANNED

To my knowledge, the Peter Milligan Detective Comics issues have never been collected. Really interesting, quirky, mind-bending stuff from him as usual, with some great art by Aparo on a few issues.

http://them0vieblog.com/2014/07/08/p...retrospective/

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...9-633-638-643/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatGlamorous View Post
    So is the stuff in the Doug Moench and Kelley Jones collection but that has made for a good book. Now that the Len wein stuff is being released in a month I'm a little more hopeful for this early 90s stuff. I've see the comics and the paper quality and artwork on it has not survived well over the years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Came across this epic write-up on the Grant/Breyfogle run

http://oryansobservatory.wordpress.com/2005/05/23/7/

C'mon DC!

Found this interview with Alan Grant through that ^ write up. Alan Grant is fucking crazy, I love it!

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=droid&pa...rview&choice=6